“My stay at Yumas!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Yuma's House Belize
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I thought that the staff here were diligent about cleanliness and everything looked brand new here. Awesome paint job throughout the whole place. Susanne is very nice and very helpful. Susanne, you run your place better then anyone that I have ever seen! I got excellent sleep in my room. The kitchen is the best as well, plenty of cookware and equipment. Water taxi is 30 meters away. Susanne, you made me feel very welcome and I really appreciated that as I was traveling alone. When I return I will make you another breakfast sandwich!!! Bye for only now. Thank you!,
Paul

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent two weeks over the Christmas holidays in Yuma’s House. We initially only intended to stay for 6 nights but loved it so much that we kept on extending our stay. Of our whole round the world trip so far Yuma’s House has been by far our favourite hostel.

The location is perfect, right off the dock where the water taxi stops and in the middle of the village but still secluded enough to be quiet and peaceful. Over our two week stay we slept in a few different dorms and a private room and all were extremely clean, as were the bathrooms and the well-equipped kitchens (there are two). The rooms were cleaned frequently and the sheets changed every couple days which is great for a hostel. The lovely owner Susanne went above and beyond to make our stay perfect, she kept on finding us room to sleep despite being totally booked out and kept us on top of the waiting list for cancellations (there were a few, lucky for us). The other staff were all very friendly and helpful, too. On Christmas Eve Susanna organised a pot luck dinner where all willing guests cooked and shared different dishes together, in addition she and her son supplied chicken, delicious rum cake and lots of wine for everybody. On New Year’s Day she provided pancake mix, eggs, milk and fruit, which was such a lovely touch.

All rooms had big lockers to keep your belongings safe, and I felt very comfortable and safe here.
There are many common areas to hang out in, they were always clean and tidy and we met lots of new friends hanging out in the hammocks or playing scrabble. We loved this hostel so much that we will return on our way to Mexico and take the boat from here.

Thank you Susanne and staff for everything!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but the upstairs ones are a little lighter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyRTW2013
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great location, clean and safe rooms. The owner is very friendly and accommodating. Comfortable hammocks to nap or read in on the water. Definitely best place to stay on Caye Caulker but books up early so would recommend reserving a room early.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning available but there are fans
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for about two weeks last summer, and we enjoyed every minute of it. The location is great, staff and visitors were friendly, and the island is an awesome place to relax. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Book as early as possible, it fills up! With good reason.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hostel is very clean, the facilities, and kitchen all very nice. The dorms only have 4 beds each and are not crowded. I loved the quiet hours and that there is a no drug policy. The location is perfect just as you get off of the water taxi. Couldn't be better!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was one of my favorite hostels in Central America. Everything was immaculately clean. Staff is efficient. The hostel and grounds are in good condition, well stocked kitchens on both floors. There are great hammocks, chairs, and benches for hanging out. Make a reservation in advance because this place fills up!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hostel is a beautiful paradise. The hammocks on the beach front are almost unbeatable. The staff and owner are on the ball yet friendly. The facilities are very clean as well. There are rules that are strictly enforced (no outside guests, no noise after 11pm, etc) but that is to the benefit of all the guests and maintains the peaceful vibe this place has.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo