“Yuma's paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Yuma's House Belize
Gilford, New Hampshire
“Yuma's paradise”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a wonderful and relaxing time at Yuma's! Suzanne has really done a great job with the entire set-up. This was the first hostel I have ever stayed in, and I have got to say that I was impressed. Before choosing to go there I searched and found reviews complaining about the rules, but Suzanne's rules were one of the reasons I chose Yuma's. My friend and I picked a private room (not knowing exactly what to expect), and it was really nice. I sort of wished that we had just gotten bunks because I think we would have gotten to know the other travelers better, but it was still great! Very clean! Well organized! Love all the hammocks to relax on. The kitchens and bathrooms were very clean. I was worried at first about not having our own bathroom, but it wasn't the slightest problem. If someone was in the upstairs bathroom I would just go downstairs to use a different one. The location CANNOT be beat! It's right there when you get off the water taxi! So nice to not have to walk a long way to get to where you are staying. I highly recommend if you plan to go to Belize choose Yuma's!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank elizabeth27ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Punta Uva, Costa Rica
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Susanne has done a great job with Yuma. It is almost spotless, the beds, though a bit over-firm, are new and good quality. Good lockers, lovely location right at the water's edge, ultra-clean and well-stocked kitchens (including free sugar, salt, coffee creamer).

Showers are cold-water only but again spotless. The office houses the best travel-guide library I have ever seen.

5 hammocks, good courtyard area, powerful room fans, strong WiFi and the resident dogs are very sweet.

I found Susanne very smiling and friendly - and extremely gracious when traveller after traveller (not staying at the hostel) stop in to ask a million questions throughout the way.

Do book ahead - this place is popular for many reasons.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SocklessJ
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at Yuma's over the weekend with some friends from Canada. This was my first time at a backpacker's hostel and I was pleasantly surprised with all the amenities they provided. Initially, there was a little glitch when I was checking in as I had forgotten my passport being a student and residing in Belize. At first Susanne was very strict and said "no passport, no check-in". My heart was crushed and I thought this was the end of my first backpacking experience. However after vetting my National I.D to ensure of its legitimacy she allowed me to stay! I was so relieved and grateful.

At Yuma's I was able to meet people from all across the globe; everyone was friendly and I felt really comfortable. I'm sorry I didn't get their contacts in case I make a trip to their side of the world. (Hopefully if they see this they'll contact me lol). There was a sufficient number of board games at the hostel to keep us preoccupied for the days that it was rainy and gloomy outside. The kitchen was fully furnished with an adequate number of utensils and the property was generally clean. When we were outside in the garden and the mosquitoes began attacking, Susanne brought mosquito coils and bug spray for us. Please note that this is not a party hostel (there is a curfew) so be guided accordingly.

I really felt at home at this hostel and I hope to return (passport in hand) with another group of friends some day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trinichica_13
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A very affordable and well organized hostel, great location, easy to meet interesting people, better than couple of other more expensive hotels i stayed at during my trip to Belize. Clear rules explained at check in are well respected by everyone. I stayed in a shared room for a couple of days and after few days came back to stay in a single room. Shared room had individual lockers which i liked. Number of showers/restrooms is sufficient for the number of people staying in there. It was never crowded or too busy in the public areas. I like the common kitchen with all the facilities to cook your own meal. I didn't cook anything, but used the kettle many times and store some fruits in the ref. The entire set up is very condusive and comfortable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights just last week, great location - next to the water taxi terminal and close to bars and restaurants. Susanne keeps the house in perfect order making for a pleasant stay...keep in mind this is not a party hostel but a great place to kick back and chill in a clean and friendly atmosphere. Be sure to book at least a week in advance, they permanently have a No Vacancy sign on the front gate due to the popularity of this hostel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Best value in Caye Caulker. Simple but very clean private rooms and wonderful atmosphere. Located right outside the water taxi terminal, on the water and steps to all the restaurants and bars. Susanne is very helpful with anything you need. There are plenty of hammocks to lounge around in, a great common area, and two very clean kitchens. I would definitely recommend this little guesthouse/hostel to anyone looking for budget accommodations in Caye Caulker!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G M
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I came to Yuma's as a very nervous, young solo female traveler. The place was perfect, an absolute dream. The rooms are great with only two bunk beds, there is lots of space for your bags and belongings. The kitchens are well equipped and there are plenty of washrooms. The hammocks on the dock are the comfiest ones I've ever swung in.

It was so easy for me to meet other travelers on the island and at Yuma's. Everyone at the hostel is very friendly and always in a good mood. Suzanne is very sweet and very accommodating. I frequently saw her changing the shower mat during peak shower times to make sure there was never a sopping mess.

I was able to enjoy the bars and clubs on the island and return to Yuma's quietly without any issues.

I left to San Pedro for only two nights and kept wishing I was back at Caye Caulker. I returned and Suzanne was waiting with open arms.

Yuma's was a perfect place to find my bearings as a first time backpacker. I left to Guatemala feeling incredibly happy and more confident. I even left in a few tears because I was so sad to go.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Pedro's Hotel
Pedro's Hotel
#30 of 53 in San Pedro
Sandbar Beachfront Hostel & Restaurant

Been to Yuma's House Belize? Share your experiences!