“Best budget option at the island”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Yuma's House Belize
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This place is spotless! Well located, beautiful view, great vibe and good price. I had a great time! Susanne runs it perfectly. Although is not a party hostel I met fun people to hang out. Totally recommended! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank hungaro007
Yumashousebelize, Owner at Yuma's House Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Hungaro,

Thank you so much for your time to review Yuma's.
I'm happy that you had a good time here and maybe one day you get a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Yuma's house is wonderful. The whole establishment is very comfortable and as a young female traveling alone I felt very safe. After hours there is a security guard on staff. After 11pm it becomes a quiet hostel, which is wonderful and no one had complaints about. Susanna's theory was that you can go out to party, but you can't go out to sleep. The hostel is also right on the water making it beautiful and convenient to get to the water taxi.

1  Thank Shiloe A

Dear Shiloe,

Thank you so much for your time to review Yuma's.
I'm happy that you enjoyed your time here and that felt safe.
It helps us to know when we get it right.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a private room at Yuma's which was excellent. It's spotlessly clean and I wouldn't normally comment on something like this but the bed was sooooo comfy! Susanne is very welcoming and clearly runs a tight ship. There's a bathroom and kitchen on each floor which are always clean. The location is perfect right as you step off the dock from the water taxi and near all restaurants, bars and dive shops. There's a fenced garden area with hammocks strung from the trees facing the beach where you can swing away to your hearts content. You can't help but relax here.

Room Tip: Book in advance as she's usually booked and its small-ish

Dear Ruthy,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
It makes us happy to know when we do things right.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had 3 nights at Yuma's and loved it! We had to move after the 3 nights as it was fully booked. After staying 2 nights elsewhere on the island, we were wishing we had never left!
It's such a great hostel.. Perfect place to relax after having a big afternoon down at the split. Always feel safe and well looked after.
Highly recommended (:

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Casey M,

Thank you so much for your time to review Yuma's. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great for an older backpacker as well due to availability of private rooms. Would definitely return. The reef stops the waves from coming in so not really a swimming area. Hammocks to relax in and great views from the rooms. 45" water taxi from water port and port 20" from airport. Easy trip for solo travelers. .

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a wonderful and relaxing time at Yuma's! Suzanne has really done a great job with the entire set-up. This was the first hostel I have ever stayed in, and I have got to say that I was impressed. Before choosing to go there I searched and found reviews complaining about the rules, but Suzanne's rules were one of the reasons I chose Yuma's. My friend and I picked a private room (not knowing exactly what to expect), and it was really nice. I sort of wished that we had just gotten bunks because I think we would have gotten to know the other travelers better, but it was still great! Very clean! Well organized! Love all the hammocks to relax on. The kitchens and bathrooms were very clean. I was worried at first about not having our own bathroom, but it wasn't the slightest problem. If someone was in the upstairs bathroom I would just go downstairs to use a different one. The location CANNOT be beat! It's right there when you get off the water taxi! So nice to not have to walk a long way to get to where you are staying. I highly recommend if you plan to go to Belize choose Yuma's!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elizabeth27ann
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Susanne has done a great job with Yuma. It is almost spotless, the beds, though a bit over-firm, are new and good quality. Good lockers, lovely location right at the water's edge, ultra-clean and well-stocked kitchens (including free sugar, salt, coffee creamer).

Showers are cold-water only but again spotless. The office houses the best travel-guide library I have ever seen.

5 hammocks, good courtyard area, powerful room fans, strong WiFi and the resident dogs are very sweet.

I found Susanne very smiling and friendly - and extremely gracious when traveller after traveller (not staying at the hostel) stop in to ask a million questions throughout the way.

Do book ahead - this place is popular for many reasons.

1  Thank SocklessJ