Barefoot Beach Belize
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$131
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$80
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$98
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewstiki hutthe ownerlock boxview roomocean front suitebusy partminute walkprivate pierlounge chairsdrinking waterfree bikesmain partbeach frontliving roomsand fliescable tvbike rentals
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place is the best on Caulker! Good quiet location, reasonable for what you get and close to some good hiking, swimming and snorkeling. Rent a kayak and paddle out to the reef with some fins for a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Susan was nice but our room was not. We felt like the sheet and especially the top blanket was not clean. The window in the bathroom would not close all the way...mosquitos all night. We got eaten up in a matter of that one night stay. We had been in Belize for over a week without hardly any bites. We could not get out of there soon enough. We agree that this was thee worst place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've been to CC about 9 times now and stayed here twice. My most recent trip was pretty last minute and I got really lucky to ride my bike past looking for a place to stay and found the "we have rooms available" sign. Susan, the owner is so super nice and makes you feel so at home. You get a free bike with your stay, the rooms are SUPER clean and NICE and she provides fresh drinking water. The beds are comfy and the grounds are super pretty.

I like the location with its private pier with hammocks and comfy lounge chairs and it's on the south side of the water taxi which is away from it all for peace and quiet. Yet, it's still just a short bike ride or walk into the village or up to the split. If you're looking for a great place to stay on the island I highly recommend staying here. Thanks Susan!! I hope all is well. HUGS, Diane

Room Tip: She has rooms with a kitchen and full fridge if you choose to cook your own food or fresh fish. There's a TV and A/C although I never used the A/C as the ocean breeze is enough. It's very private and attracts like minded peeps who are there to relax.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2014

After reading other great reviews, I was excited to stay at Barefoot and spent four nights in the suite with a full kitchen.

Relative to other resorts I stayed at, the price was very high. Given the high price, I had high expectations, and unfortunately Barefoot didn't meet the expectations.

The suite was adorable, with bright colors and flower curtains and very nice furniture. The staff who cleaned the rooms were smiling and lovely.

The bathroom shower fixtures were corroding and hard to use. The pillows smelled moldy. The coffee maker was moldy and needed to be washed. These issues were probably due to the excessive rain and normally I would brush them off, but for the price.

The owner has multiple pets, including two beautiful dogs. Unfortunately, during the day, if the owner is gone, one of the dogs may bark nonstop. One of the dogs would lunge at me from a fenced area every time I came and went, which made me uncomfortable. I don't mind dogs, but I do think being allowed the choice to be away from them is crucial if they bark and lunge.

Lastly, I stayed there during a time which was exceptionally rainy. I understand that sends the bugs inside. But I was not OK with finding cockroaches in the bathroom two nights in a row, that scurried into the baseboards when I turned the lights on.

Overall the relationship between the owner and the workers there seemed very tense, which made me uncomfortable bringing any issues up.

This sounds very picky, but for a place that charges so much and doesn't discount extended visits, I feel I need to share this criticism. Charging high prices is fine, but the services provided need to match that price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank FindingBlindSpots
cayemermaid, Owner at Barefoot Beach Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

The dog NEXT door barked constantly and I turned them in and it has been removed. My dog is fenced in at all times and rarely barks unless a dog is running by. If there are issues with anything....if it is brought to my attention I can attempt to Do something about it. This year we had a crazy 3 month rain that was non-stop along with a maid that did not get finished being trained due to an illness in my family....no I can not control that and can do nothing to alleviate mold except to have guests run their a/c occasionally to help dry out. and bleach clean between guests. My staff and I get along beautifully. but you came right after a DEATH. I am sorry that I can not be perfect at all times. Sometimes life throws a curve ball and all we can do is try to pick up the pieces. I am human. I will NEVER understand why a guest is so quick to trash a place on line without speaking to an owner and giving them a chance to FIX something. I have a one owner small Hotel, not a large all inclusive.....talk to me.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a great time at barefoot beaches....My sister and her family staying in the house with the kitchen and my husband and I stayed in one of the rooms. It was exactly what we wanted, cheap, clean and on the water. We had the option to buy fresh fish off the dock and cook at home or bike into town to eat. It's not quite "in town" but the island is only 1 mile long so biking into town took like 3 minutes, 6 min walk. each room comes with one bike and you can rent another if you like. I liked the dock where we could hang our in the hammocks or lounge chairs and jump in the water. Caye Caulker doesnt realy have much for beaches in general...so it was nice to have a place where we could sunbathe in relative quiet and then go for a dip. the wind would come off the water and into our window in the morning as we woke....we could hear the surf craxhing on the reek one mile out from shore! Susan, the owner, is super friendly and we felt welcome, the house staff was sweet too..... WE stayed for 8 nights! I dream of the day when we will return!

Room Tip: the house with kitchen, futon and living area .....its worth it so you can cook meals at home.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family