Barefoot Beach Belize
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
See available hotels
Colinda Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
Ignacio's Cabins(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
Seaside Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstiki hutthe ownerlock boxview roomocean front suitebusy partminute walklounge chairsdrinking waterprivate pierlaid backfree bikesmain partbeach frontliving roomsand fliescable tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I stayed here with friends for 5 days on the advice of one of them . She based her choice on this site.
The cabana was shabby and loaded with huge bugs, probably water bugs but getting them off the walls at night was an unpleasant experience. We had to apply bug repellant to sleep.
The only comfortable bed was the king size bed so we crammed into it as the futon and cot were most uncomfortable.
As far as safety goes, there were bars on the windows and the door locked securely but the screen door had no latch .
I was inside when a beggar came by and was frightened and had to lock the inside door in the heat of the day. It was a good thing as he came back later.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank margeandconnie
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We had a terrible experience here and we only stayed one night (thank goodness). When I arrived the owner Susan was not there to check me in and I had to wait an hour before I got into my room. The room was small and dirty. My sister and I were rudely awakened the next morning to be told we had to check out as Susan had to clean the room so she could make a meeting. EXTREMELY RUDE WOMAN. We accommodated her and left and in our haste we forgot an article of clothing. We returned 15 minutes later and she had finished cleaning...I don't even think she changed the sheets. We found the clothing, however, the money in the pocket was missing...

There are many other great places on the island to stay, so don't waste your time here!!

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank sharon_mackay
mermaidhunter, Owner at Barefoot Beach Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2010

No one has ever had to await my return to check in because either my maid is here or I do not leave for more then 15 minutes between boat arrivals. Check out is 10 AM due to the turn around of rooms. People wish to get in and have a clean room on arrival and not have to wait for someone to leave. I did have to wake these girls quite awhile after check out time to ask them to please gather their things so that I could get the room clean. I was as kind as you can be when waking someone from late night partying, and I waited patiently while they took showers etc. for an additional 15 or 20 minutes. After they finally left I cleaned the room personally and later they came back to say they lost a skirt with money in the pocket. I checked all the laundry and all through the room and did not find this mysterious skirt and money. I'm glad to hear that they had the skirt after all....so how did I get blamed for missing money if they had their skirt the whole time? My reputation is much too important for such accusations.

Reviewed 4 February 2010

Caye Caulker is still the small laid-back relation to the brasher Amergris Caye and San Pedro.

Barefoot Beach is about a 10 minute walk to the centre which gives it the solitude that other hotels in the heart of town don't have. The walk is good for developing an appetite on the way in and for aiding the digestion on the way back.

Susan runs a small friendly establishment and is extremely helpful is ensuring you have all the things you need. She brought us a case of beer at wholesale price to save us carrying it back from town.

The ocean front rooms have the best views as you are right on the beach. We stayed in the Cabana, set back from the beach, lots of room but a little tired.

Susan did tell us that it is due to be upgraded to the level of the other two rooms, the cottage and bungalow. We had a look in them and they are very smart and clean and worth the extra.

Barefoot beach has the best private dock on Caulker with shade and sun chairs. Our cabana had a large fridge, cooker and sink and we ate all our breakfasts and some lunches in the cabin and planned to use the barbecue outside, but never got round to it.

We checked all the accommodations on the caye and regardless of our budget we would come back to the Barefoot Beach because of it's privacy, location and friendly management.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 29 December 2009

My wife and I arrived here on our honeymoon, having booked it based on Tripadvisor reviews. We had planned to stay on Caye Caulker for four days, then head inland for ruins and jungle. we ended up staying on Caye Caulker for two weeks, in large part because of Barefoot Beach. We fisrt stayed in the Oceanfront room, then in one of the cabins. The rooms are on Caye Caulker, Belize, so do not expect The Ritz - they are comfortable and roomy. There are less expensive places to stay on Caye Caulker, but Barefoot has several things going for it which make it the clear choice for those seeking to truly unwind. First, it is spotlessly clean, with an attentive staff of two - the owner, Susan, and her assistant Heidi. Both are very friendly and accomodating. Second, the location is superb - right on the water, far enough out of town to be wonderfully quiet and peaceful, but close enough to easily stroll in for a meal or drink. Thrid, the pier and palapa. Barefoot has one of the only palapas on caye Caulker, with two hammocks and two chaise lounges, and it is THE ideal spot to totally unwind. We spent may hours in those hammocks! Fourth, the property is well maintained, which makes a difference in a hot tropical setting with killer mosquitos. The A/C and fans kept the rooms cool and the refrigerators kept the beers cold. The beds were large and comfortable. We stayed elsewhere for a few nights and got eaten alive by mosquitos and sand flies while sleeping - not so at Barefoot. Susan also filters the water in the cabins, which the other place did not (Caye Caulker tap water is non-potable, as it is desalinated groundwater, and smells like it), so the showers were pleasant. Fifth, there is a good selection of books in the office, so you will never lack for reading material. Finally, There are comforatable chairs and chaise lounges spread throughout the property, and it really is a wonderful place to relax. Caye Caulker is NOT a luxury vacation spot, but it is a wonderful place to go slow and unwind. I highly recommend Barefoot for a relaxing, clean, comfortable place to relax and enjoy Caye Caulker.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We would advise anyone to stay at the Barefoot Beach. Beautiful view, nice staff. We stayed in the Oceana Cottage, could see the sea from our front door. Had everything we needed, just like home. Met many other guests and had a BBQ before we left. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple