“Lame”

Tropical Paradise Hotel
Ranked #28 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Rooms are ok but not for 50 us a night. I think what pissed me off the most was the weak mixed drinks they made. I literally watched the bar tender poor half a shot into a magarita and then blend it an give it to someone out in the dining room. From other reviews it sounds like the owner cuts corners on basic stuff that just pisses off guests.

• Stayed: January 2013
Tropical P, Owner at Tropical Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Apologies to you, but I can clearly state that it is NOT policy to water down drinks, nor to cut corners. We have discussed with our service staff in the Restaurant and that situation, if it occurred will not repeat itself. Feel free to contact us if you are ever in the area again for a Free drink.

Our rooms are priced at par with similar rooms on the island. We try to make sure we are affordable to all, and have various prices of rooms. Thanks for staying with us and we do hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed here as kinda a last minute option because we waited too long to get a place and my friend who lives in Belize got us a discount. The rooms were great but I would recommend spending the extra cash on the rooms w/ A/C if its available. The place was nice, quiet and safe. It was also right on the water and had its own pier for swimming and sunning. They also had a bunch of chairs out by the water. They fill up quick sometimes! The grounds were well kept and the bathroom did the trick. It is next to a cemetery but it doesn't really come into play. Its actually kinda cool. If I went back to Caye Caulker I would stay here in a hear beat! Check it out!

Room Tip: Try to grab a room with A/C! And don't be afraid to ask for different room if you want a better...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for staying with us, we like the pics you took. We will wait for your next visit, smiles.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We loved this place as the staff were friendly, food was good and reception very helpful.
The grounds were nice and clean and looked cute. Wifi and towels included.
The room was basic and small but big enough for our bags and surfboards.
Everything is within walking distance but it is still quiet at night.
Would recommend.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate it. Visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

We had a great time in caye caulker, and thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hotel. Don't let the small cemetery near by put you off, the grounds of the hotel are great, with open areas to relax in, reclining chairs by the water and a private peir, which is hard to come by in the area for a reasonable price. The rooms were clean and spacious, with a/c, cable tv (in English) and private bathroom. The added bonus for our trip was the friendly and helpful staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012

We are glad you enjoyed our Property, we try our best to make it as comfortable as we can. We do hope you return.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is not a luxury hotel by any means but it is a very good value option in CC. You can stay here for cheaper than the local hostel! The staff were really friendly to me when I was sick, especially in the restaurant. Everything felt safe and I had no issues with my stay here at all, would recommend. Note it is the opposite end of CC to the Lazy Lizard, but right next to the reggae bar so depends on your preference!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Tropical Paradise. Visit us again soon.

The Staff

Reviewed 30 November 2012

What a great find for me and my fussy girlfriend. The rooms were large, clean, modern and serviced daily. We paid for 2 nights and got 3, ended up staying 5 nights and we both wish we were back there right now. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has happy hour all day long making it the cheapest bar on the island. Very relaxed mood and being right on the beach made this a very special stay for us our first time in Belize.

Room Tip: Room 16 with a balcony and a view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdamCosmicTraveller

We are glad that you had fun with us. The staff appreciates the review. We will have Room #16 ready for you guys next time you visit. So start planning today, smiles.

Thanks for giving us the chance to serve you.

Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

We were heading towards a hostel when a local suggested this hotel. A police man was standing next to us so I asked him what he thought about it. He said that it was good.

We were offered pay for 2 nights and get a 3rd night free. We took it.
We stayed at room 12. It is next to the old cemetery, if you are like me, you should be more afraid of the living than the death ones.

The room had AC, mini fridge, and a tub. They also have hot water.

It is about 8 minutes from the San Pedro Express water taxi dock, and about 15 minutes from the split. (walking time)

I enjoyed the walk as we took different streets each time and we were able to find new restaurants on the way.

The restaurant has good food and good priced beers. The bucket of 6 beers is cheaper than the supermarket.

Customer service was great. From helping me connecting to WiFi, letting me borrow a book, and even arranging for me to get something that I left behind to Belize City.

Good: price and location. I really enjoyed being away from the dock and all the shops/restaurants. It can get loud at night over there.

Bad: the only improvement I suggest I expand the WiFi access. The signal is a bit low in the rooms away from the office.

I strongly recommend this hotel. You may pay a few bucks more than a hostel, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012