“Beware of cockroaches!!”

new york
“Beware of cockroaches!!”
Reviewed 24 December 2006

Stayed for 4 nights in october 2006

Room were soso, clean and bathrom was ok, nothing special.

Stayed in room 17 (avoid with a vengence!!!) as each night cockroaches would come to visit me, giving me a rund for my money!! it apeared after the second night the were coming from theough the sink in the bathroom, when i tould the receptionist she was too lazy to do anything so used repellents to solve the problem and after that i was gone, i liked belize but woudlt stay there as me and cockroaches do not get along! nice area ane beach though, so choice is yours if you stay
p.s if you do say hi to the little buggers!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the little buggers
  • Tips/Secrets — If you like bugs then you will be just fine & dont mind the lazy staff
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Central Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2006

We visited Caye Caulker from Dec 27-30, 2005. My husband and I stayed in room 17 and my stepdaughter and son stayed in 16. Our room had a jacuzzi, but the shower didn't work well. Who cared when you had a jacuzzi? Their bathroom and shower were fine. AC worked fine. Both rooms were quiet. My 11 yr old son and 21 yr old step daughter would walk to "town" (3 minutes) by themselves and were very comfortable. Husband and I would buy Belikin Beers at the local restaurant and visit by the beach. Very pleasant. Son found an iguana living in some cement blocks near our room. Very entertaining. This hotel is owned by locals, which we preferred. We borrowed hotel's kayaks to explore sw part of the island.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed December 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank tbschlat
Beaufort, SC
Reviewed 25 August 2005

I absolutely loved Tropical Paradise. The staff was very friendly unlike at some other hotels on the island. Our room was cleaned daily (I was surprised to see that items like soap and shampoo were included...we expected to have to purchase them elsewhere). The location is right on the beach in a quiet area and the hotel has a restaurant with a full bar. What more could you ask for? I can't wait to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2003
18 Thank haleno
New York City
Reviewed 19 March 2005

For all the fanfare of its paintjob, this hotel really just lacks in charisma-- though it is a good bet if you can't get a room somewhere else and need to stay one night.

Rooms are simple and clean-- but somewhat hot at midday. Our shower water smelled pretty funky, which made us wonder if we were bathing in rain water. And the provided towels seemed so stiff, I'm convinced they had been washed in salt water. Eww!

Other than that-- if you plop yourself outside on a beach chair its pretty-- and the swimming in this spot isn't dreadful... like it is elsewhere on this end of the island-- and that's a plus!

15 Thank astrida

Travellers are raving about these Caye Caulker hotels

midwest
Reviewed 4 January 2005

I was on a diving vacation on Caye Caulker in November and toward the end of my stay I had to change accommodations and found a home at Tropical Paradise Hotel! The management is wonderful! The restaurant has delicious entrees at great prices! The cleaning is regular and complete! The staff is friendly and helpful! I am returning for 14 days in February!! I might add, their website and email responses are accurate and prompt!!

• Stayed February 2005
22 Thank sdiver1944
manvel, tx
Reviewed 28 December 2004

excellent place to stay, play and eat. wonderful people and accomadations

19 Thank russapple