“Nice place”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
San Diego
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at Da Real Macaw for three nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Rob, the guy who runs the place, was very accommodating. He dealt with a couple of issues we had immediately. He also gave us a good deal due to the inconvenience. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The Hotel is a nice simple hotel located in the main street. It is very clean and the service from the people working there is awesome. Really cool friendly guys. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have stayed at De Real Macaw many times over the past five years and it remains my #1 choice for Caye Caulker. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and always impeccably clean and well maintained. This hotel is very well managed by friendly responsive owners who go out of their way to ensure their guests needs are met. I run a small resort in Belize also and this is the spot I take my visiting friends and family, as well as consistently recommend to my guests traveling to Caye Caulker. I take my business reputation seriously and would not recommend anywhere that I did not have 100% confidence in, as I do with De Real Macaw.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TCLODGE
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

Very disappointing stay. The rooms are expensive for what you get. Very old/run down, nothing invested in maintenance. No insulation or ac, so boiling hot after a day of sun on the roof.

Manager didn't seem to care about our concerns either.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank silly_sausage_3000
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I would recommend that anyone headed to Caye Caulker stay here. I loved my time at this hotel. The location was perfect, within easy walking distance (well, everything is within easy walking distance) of the Split and many places to eat. The rooms themselves were exactly what I expected after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked VERY well. The only downside would be the fact that I could easily hear my upstairs neighbor early each morning, so bring earplugs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We first got to Caye Caulker and Frederick came to pick us up from the boat taxi. He said he was with the real Macaw so we figured it was cool. He walked us to the hotel and when we came to give him a tip, he actually asked for money. We gave it to him. That was my ONLY negative comment on this hotel (and it has nothing to do with the hotel!!)
This place was awesome. He stayed in the room facing the street and the vendors. We made friends with Jam and Delicious, and New York the dog, and Corn and everyone else (we miss them!!)
The location was perfect. We sat in our hammock and watched people go by. There was a bit of noise, so if you dont like that, bring ear plugs, but stay here!!! you won't regret it.
The AC worked perfectly and the showers had super wicked water pressure. Rob was super helpful. He's such a laid back guy and was there anytime we needed anything. He is full of information about the island.
The beds were good, the cleaning lady, Latecia, what a sweetheart! She was there everyday. There's a super cool community area within the hotel gates where you can hang and sunbathe.
This hotel was so amazing, that after we left it to tour the rest of Belize, we decided to go back to Caye Caulker and back to the real macaw for a couple more nights!
Rob was super accomodating and hooked us up with a back room, just as good as the front one. With a queen bed and a single bed and the great water pressure!
I highly recommend you stay here if you wanna meet cool people and hang out. It is definetly a busier part of the island, but thats what makes it so cool!!
AND this place has free wi-fi, if thats something you're looking for
Miss it already!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n_elhakeem
Punta Gorda, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We enjoyed our stay here so much. It was my husband and I and our 20 year old granddaughter and her boyfriend. We stayed in the condo and it was a wonderful accomodation for us. The place is centrally located to just about anything and the owners are so friendly and helpful. We did a 3 stop snorkeling tour with Blackhawk Sailing, right next door, and had a great time with Steve and Charlie. Our pictures made our family back home very jealous. It's not a luxury place at all, but very comfortable, safe, and clean!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#9 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#20 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to De Real Macaw? Share your experiences!