“Wonderful stay at a great location”
Review of De Real Macaw

De Real Macaw
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Maryland, USA
“Wonderful stay at a great location”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The four of us stayed at the top floor of the house, right across form the beach. Could walk anywhere in a few minutes. Lots of action on the street below after about 4 pm, but was real quiet by about 11. Good food nearby - $10 lobsters! Had full kitchen and 2 bedrooms, great porch and always a sea breeze. We will return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
none
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We moved to De Real Macaw after two nights in another hotel without air conditioning. We stayed for nine nights, and we were very pleased with the value and service. The rooms are spacious and clean (daily maid service is included). We stayed in a room with air conditioning (best money we spent the entire trip!) and a small refrigerator. Only thing that could have made it better would be a microwave for leftovers. Stay here - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at Da Real Macaw for three nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Rob, the guy who runs the place, was very accommodating. He dealt with a couple of issues we had immediately. He also gave us a good deal due to the inconvenience. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The Hotel is a nice simple hotel located in the main street. It is very clean and the service from the people working there is awesome. Really cool friendly guys. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
belize
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have stayed at De Real Macaw many times over the past five years and it remains my #1 choice for Caye Caulker. The rooms are spacious and well equipped and always impeccably clean and well maintained. This hotel is very well managed by friendly responsive owners who go out of their way to ensure their guests needs are met. I run a small resort in Belize also and this is the spot I take my visiting friends and family, as well as consistently recommend to my guests traveling to Caye Caulker. I take my business reputation seriously and would not recommend anywhere that I did not have 100% confidence in, as I do with De Real Macaw.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TCLODGE
UK
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Very disappointing stay. The rooms are expensive for what you get. Very old/run down, nothing invested in maintenance. No insulation or ac, so boiling hot after a day of sun on the roof.

Manager didn't seem to care about our concerns either.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank silly_sausage_3000
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I would recommend that anyone headed to Caye Caulker stay here. I loved my time at this hotel. The location was perfect, within easy walking distance (well, everything is within easy walking distance) of the Split and many places to eat. The rooms themselves were exactly what I expected after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked VERY well. The only downside would be the fact that I could easily hear my upstairs neighbor early each morning, so bring earplugs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
#9 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#21 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to De Real Macaw? Share your experiences!