“Great view for a great price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ignacio's Cabins

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ignacio's Cabins
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Austin
“Great view for a great price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

The view and price for Ignatio's could not be beat. The rooms are sparse with no option for AC and a free standing fan to help circulate the sea breeze. The rooms are also a little dated but clean. It was about a 5 minute walk to get to "The Strip" where all the restaurants and such are, but it is a nice walk. I think we paid $10 USD per night with a 2 night minimum and I could not have wanted anything more for our 1st nights in Belize.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Serat808

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

I am am a sixty year old Englishman and used to staying in all sorts of accommodation. My wife and I stayed here for only one night and sincerely regret that we were unable to stay longer.These cabins may not be fancy and may be lacking in the facilities that many tourist hotels make a virtue, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to feel any sort of stress here. The staff were wonderful and the sunrise that we could see from our balcony was priceless.Throw away your conceptions of what you need on holiday and just enjoy it

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeattieLondon
Eureka, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2009

I loved Caye Caulker and was really happy with Ignacio's Cabins. I stayed there on the recommendation of a friend and it was the perfect spot for my boyfriend and me. The cabins are very rustic and basic, a bed toilet and shower is all it has and all you need. The best spot is the outdoor porch where you have amazing views of the blue Caribbean waters and a cooling breeze. The location is out of the way but the walk to town is beautiful. Even though there is no air conditioning, the windows on all sides allowed the breeze to move through the cabin and I slept peacefully. The owner is great and was very helpful with everything we needed.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MBierwirth
South FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

Hey it's affordable and minimal. It's a good budget stay if you don't mind cold rain water showers. Actually it's a lot like camping only your tent is wooden (critters and all). The view is worth the stay. Do not forget your own towels and toiletries as there are none provided for you. If you feel you're too far from town here you're just too lazy to bike the 10 mins so get off your rump!

• Liked — Amazing views
  • Disliked — The cabanas themselves can be a tetinus shot waiting to happen
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingSinZ
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

I was looking for somewhere cheap to stay while waiting for my friends to join me, and was taken there by a guide called Gilbert.

I was excited by how rustic it was (I'm pretty used to roughing it, given that I'm from Africa). I wasn't expecting luxury, and soon learned to deal with the cold stinky shower - the island's water is from underground reservoirs - as some of the shower heaters don't work. The generators went once or twice, leaving me without light, so I just sat in the hammock. After all, you dont go to somewhere like Caye Caulker to stay in your hotel. The owner's daughter was helpful, though not friendly.

It's best to stay here if you're fairly laid back, and up for a bit of an adventure. Once my friends arrived, we stayed a night while making plans for the rest of the trip. When we returned to the island, we stayed at Tina's, which was cheaper and kept in good shape by Ami, who was amazing.

• Liked — views
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2007

We decided to stay at Ignacio's after reading the reviews on here. I called Ruben and spoke to him personally about what we would get and what we wouldn't. When we got there they did not have our cabana, we didn't get a room until after 10pm that night and when we did finally get a room the windows were broken, screens were gone, bugs were crawling in the bed sheets and the water didn't work. When I went down to talk to him about this and about how the "wireless" wasn't working he laughed at me, to my face and said "It would be a real chore to fix that," also said that there were no bugs this time of year and closed the door in my face. I then opened the door again and told him he had until the next day to remedy the sitution or we would be leaving, he laughed at me again. I was very upset, I was treated very poorly. We left the next day and ended up staying at Mara's place for the rest of our stay. They were wonderful and right by the split. If you go to Caye Caulker dive with Big Fish , eat at Wish Willy, dirink the one barrel rum and relax.

• Liked — it was on the beach
  • Disliked — no screens, a ton of bugs in the bed, no water, staff
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chewy_monster

Travellers are raving about these Caye Caulker hotels

Honolulu, HI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2006

I stayed in the first cabana closest to Ignacio's house and it was absolutely wonderful. These cabanas have 2 beds inside and a small bathroom. But the inside is not what you are here for, the porches are the best place on the planet. All the ocean facing cabanas have hammocks that are just feet from the ocean. I stayed curled up in one of them for a week. It was delightful. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Liked — The hammock out front
  • Disliked — The water quality of the island
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo