“Our own personal snorkelling trip”
Review of Mario's Tours

Mario's Tours
Ranked #15 of 34 Tours in Caye Caulker
Vancouver, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Our own personal snorkelling trip”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

There are advantages to travelling in the slow season! We only wanted to do a half day trip (particularly Shark Ray Alley)
Mario seemed to be one of the only tour operators running the half day trip when we were there, he was very friendly and obliging when booking the trip and although he was not on the tour with us we had a great time.
Shark Ray Alley is not to be missed and even though we had no food for them we were still able to see and experience them up close.
After seeing other boats arriving loaded down with snorkelers we were happy to have the place and our guide all to ourselves.

Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
Fremont, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“amazing snorkeling with an experienced guide”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family of four had a super time snorkeling with Mario Jr and Sr. We stopped at 4 different places and saw all kinds of fish, sharks, turtles and even a manatee. It was wonderful. Great gear, relaxing, fun and good conversations. Would different go with Mario again if we go to Belize again. Two of even did the night snorkel with octopus and such. What a blast!

Visited August 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Sharks, Manatees, Sea Turtles, Sting Rays and the Reef...WOW!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been on several snorkeling trips and have NEVER been so excited and pleased with our trip...this was amazing experience that I do not think anything will ever compare to! The guys were very informative and helpful. When we return in Dec we will be using these guys again!

CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Couldn't ask for a better experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife, my 7 year old daughter and myself thoroughly enjoyed 2 tours with this company. We signed up for the night snorkeling tour and the full day tour. Both were amazing. Mario was a little hesitant at first because this was my daughter's first snorkeling attempt and it would be at night. However, he had faith in the guides, Juan and Joe. He was right to have faith in them. They held her hand the entire time on both tours and really seemed to connect with her. We could see the genuine affection and concern for her. My wife and I were able to focus on the snorkeling because our daughter was in such good hands.

The night snorkeling was awesome. I had never experienced anything like this before. Swimming in beautiful warm water by flashlight is fun, but seeing octopus, squid, lobster, blowfish, and several types of fish is just incredible. We were even able to turn off the flashlights and see the luminescent fish.

We were told the day before the full day tour that they needed a minimum of 4 people to do the tour and we would have to go along with another group if more people didn't sign up. However, Joe and Juan volunteered to take just the 3 of us. I have a feeling they didn't get paid as much, but I could see that they loved their jobs and also wanted us to have a great experience. I can't express how great they were and how much they genuinely cared.

The full day tour was amazing. We saw all kinds of fish, two kinds of sea turtles, 3 kinds of sting rays, nurse sharks, a Murray eel, etc. Swimming with sharks and even touching them was a once in a lifetime experience. Joe even held one and talked my daughter into kissing it and said, "now you can tell all your friends you kissed a shark". I seriously doubt that most other guides would have provided her with that experience.

In short, we are extremely glad we chose Mario's Tours. There are dozens to choose from and I am confident that we chose the best one for us.

Colorado, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkling heaven”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Mario and crew provided us with a full day of excellant snorkling. They have a great selection of tours. We took a full day tour and they know the area so well it was 3 great stops (plus a little extra). We saw and did everything that was promised and made us feel like we were a part of their family while we were there. First class hospitality and professionalism.

1 Thank TerryCatlin