“great snorkel experience, with a great guy!”
Review of Mario's Tours

Mario's Tours
Ranked #16 of 37 Tours in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 8 October 2013

we stayed at the Magic Hotel and Mario´s shop is right across the street, walked in and after 10 min already had scheduled our private tour of snorkeling .
the next day we crossed the street (this is the first time that we arrived early to something !) we walked to the dock and in minutes we were in a beautiful and calm turquoise sea ... infested with sharks and rays !
was a unique experience with fish, sharks rays flitting around even between your legs , it was impressive to see how Juan manipulated sharks and rays as if they were kittens , touch these animals in their habitat is a unique experience.
Reefs are really impressive too you could see a lots of varieties of fish, snails and turtles in shallow waters.
the boat is comfortable and simple, but the warmth and knowledge of Don Mario and Juan from the area what make these tours special.
The tour includes water and fresh fruit , the boat move slowly and they can vary the route according to the needs of customers, is highly recommended for people of any age who like wildlife, swim in a beautiful sea and a good chat!
we hope come back soon!

1  Thank mundox79

Reviewed 18 September 2013

There are advantages to travelling in the slow season! We only wanted to do a half day trip (particularly Shark Ray Alley)
Mario seemed to be one of the only tour operators running the half day trip when we were there, he was very friendly and obliging when booking the trip and although he was not on the tour with us we had a great time.
Shark Ray Alley is not to be missed and even though we had no food for them we were still able to see and experience them up close.
After seeing other boats arriving loaded down with snorkelers we were happy to have the place and our guide all to ourselves.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family of four had a super time snorkeling with Mario Jr and Sr. We stopped at 4 different places and saw all kinds of fish, sharks, turtles and even a manatee. It was wonderful. Great gear, relaxing, fun and good conversations. Would different go with Mario again if we go to Belize again. Two of even did the night snorkel with octopus and such. What a blast!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been on several snorkeling trips and have NEVER been so excited and pleased with our trip...this was amazing experience that I do not think anything will ever compare to! The guys were very informative and helpful. When we return in Dec we will be using these guys again!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife, my 7 year old daughter and myself thoroughly enjoyed 2 tours with this company. We signed up for the night snorkeling tour and the full day tour. Both were amazing. Mario was a little hesitant at first because this was my daughter's first snorkeling attempt and it would be at night. However, he had faith in the guides, Juan and Joe. He was right to have faith in them. They held her hand the entire time on both tours and really seemed to connect with her. We could see the genuine affection and concern for her. My wife and I were able to focus on the snorkeling because our daughter was in such good hands.

The night snorkeling was awesome. I had never experienced anything like this before. Swimming in beautiful warm water by flashlight is fun, but seeing octopus, squid, lobster, blowfish, and several types of fish is just incredible. We were even able to turn off the flashlights and see the luminescent fish.

We were told the day before the full day tour that they needed a minimum of 4 people to do the tour and we would have to go along with another group if more people didn't sign up. However, Joe and Juan volunteered to take just the 3 of us. I have a feeling they didn't get paid as much, but I could see that they loved their jobs and also wanted us to have a great experience. I can't express how great they were and how much they genuinely cared.

The full day tour was amazing. We saw all kinds of fish, two kinds of sea turtles, 3 kinds of sting rays, nurse sharks, a Murray eel, etc. Swimming with sharks and even touching them was a once in a lifetime experience. Joe even held one and talked my daughter into kissing it and said, "now you can tell all your friends you kissed a shark". I seriously doubt that most other guides would have provided her with that experience.

In short, we are extremely glad we chose Mario's Tours. There are dozens to choose from and I am confident that we chose the best one for us.