“A talented chef cooking with local flavor.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Magandon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“A talented chef cooking with local flavor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

You can only eat so much jerk chicken and rice, so this place is a real find for Caye Caulker visitors looking for something local but different. After 28 years in NewYork Italian Chef Lucas took over this place (formerly Don Corleone) and renamed it after his three kids. He grows the fresh basil in the back. The Coco mango snapper was bursting with fresh flavor. My companions are not fish eaters and loved the unusual pastas. I would have liked a crisp white wine with this meal but Belikan was okay. Good value at $12.50 US for a plate that would easily be $35 in NYC or LA. Fun location on the Main Street with water view. Don't miss it!

• Visited August 2013

Ayangue, Ecuador
“Excellent fresh fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I ate at Magandon for the first time last night. I ordered the coconut encrusted snapper and it was delicious and extremely fresh! The potatoes and carrots as sides were not that impressive to me, but the fish made up for it. The atmosphere inside was very nice and the service was great. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
USA
“Sexy decor...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Good menu choices, wide selection of cold adult sparkling beverages, smiling servers, spectacular location. What else does one need?

Visited August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“If you like frozen pizza....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have had better pizza from the freezer case that what we ordered at this restaurant. I rarely give scathing reviews, however, this place deserves it. We took the pizza back to our hotel and absolutely could not eat it. Having paid dearly for it, I took it back and the chef, I kid you not, said "well it isn't frozen crust but was not made today." Today?? it wasn't made in the past month! Mixed reviews on this place are even more troubling - go to Rose's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Ignacio, Belize
“Magandon, Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our second visit to the island and to Magadon. We were not disappointed. Brought the children this time and they loved the food. We have one picky eater but the Aioli Fish Filet hit the spot, even ate a bunch of the perfectly done carrots ( I do not know how they do it but those carrots are incredible). Younger son wanted to "test" their pizza and had the Buffalo Chicken, he ate the entire pie (12 years old) it was so good. Needless to say he wants to go back for his birthday this week. My wife and I split the Jewel of Belize, outstanding. Lobster, Shrimp and a large Chop done to perfection and 3" thick. Another feat to cook that large of a piece of pork completely and not over done. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a great meal, excellent service and a view. Price is not going to be "island local" but you definitely get what you pay for. Our bill was BZ$160 which is not bad for family of four with no leftovers!

• Visited July 2013