“2nd Stay- Great quiet location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen
Access to our private swimming dock and beach area
Bathroom
Flat Screen TV and DVD player, movies
Our private dock 1 block over
The Sea Garden Cottage
The Sea Garden Cottage-Single Family home with shared swimming pool
There are no cars on this small island, we rent bikes to tour about the island
Paddle boards and Sea Kayaks for rent at our beach area
Our quiet street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
cammiedog
Cleves, Ohio
“2nd Stay- Great quiet location!”
Reviewed 27 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This was our 2nd stay here at Sea Garden Cottage. This is a nice quiet location away from the hubbub of the "central business area" of Caye Caulker. This cottage has everything you might need to enjoy your stay from the nice pool in the back, which is shared with 2 other cottages to the full kitchen with a full sized fridge.The Belizean hardwood accents and floors are beautiful.
Michael, the property manager is super helpful about anything you may need, as is the rest of the staff. Definitely a great stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nice quiet place!
Liked least: Nothing to not like about the place!
Friends getaway
cammiedog
Cleves, Ohio
“Very nice cottage!”
Reviewed 22 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We arrived in Caye Caulker on Oct. 13 via San Pedro Express Water Taxi. The property manager Michael had sent a golf cart taxi to take us to Sea Garden Cottage. The cottage is one of 3. It is studio open floor plan style. Very well done for a comfortable stay. It has a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator, which is great for a rental. It has nice finishes of Belizean wood and is just nice and comfortable. We spent more time inside the rental than people should do on vacation. There were tropical storms and a lot of rain. There are bikes for rent at the cottage but they weren't used. We used leg power to walk all the way to the split and back basically every day. The pool is nice for a dip at the end of the day. There is also access to the dock for swimming in the ocean. We didn't get much use out of either due to the weather but we will definitely be back at some point.
On a sour note and something that was just careless: Make sure when you go to bed that the solid door is locked! After packing to fly back to the states my husband wanted to turn on the A/C. He closed the solid door and then went back outside on the porch to smoke. He came back in and closed the door. He thought he locked it. He went to bed. I was up for awhile watching tv and then I went to bed. We had the alarm set for 6 to get ready to head back home and he got up and started yelling that we had been broken into. Whoever came in knew what to look for..... And we slept through it all, which I am kind of glad for.There is a locked gate with a gate code. The burglar cut our screen on the screen door, not sure why.
With all of this said. I would stay here again, just be more diligent and be a smarter traveler, which I thought we were!
This cottage is near to the airstrip. You almost don't even notice planes coming and going, and it's actually kind of fun to walk over and watch the planes.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very cute house.
Liked least: Last nights experience.
Families with young children
Dagmara K
South Amboy, New Jersey
“Beautiful, prestine, quiet and affordable - need I say more?”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

My family of three stayed there for 10 days in April 2014. We could have not asked for a better place to spend our dream vacation in. From the moment you meet the manager Micheal, you feel like home. The house is not only beautiful, cozy and extremely clean but it also offers all the bells and whistles that prove to be very convenient on your vacation in the tropics: the kitchen is fully equipped, with all pots and pans, coffee maker and even a blender and a brand new washing machine; you can use a beautiful and very clean swimming pool whenever you wish to do so and an extra advantage is that it is shaded in the afternoon :); for a few dollars a day you can use nice and comfortable bikes which are parked behind your house. I also want to mention a beautiful, tropical landscaping surrounding the property and the fact that it is located on the southern tip of the island which makes it really nice and quiet and away from the center. Words cannot express how happy we are we found this gem on the island. We are already planning to go back there again and again and again. Both Michael and the owner are extremely helpful and very quick in responding to their guests' needs and inquiries.
Thank you both for making our stay a true pleasure in heaven.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: prestine condition and manager's help
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jo Lynn J
Austin, Texas
“All I could ask for and more!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

What I experienced was nothing short of wonderful while staying at the "Sea Garden Cottage" on Caye, Caulker, Belize.
My cousin and I stayed in this lovely cottage during our 4 day visit to Caye Caulker, after a week in Hopkins. We enjoyed all of the amenities of home, as it was equipped with a fridge, stove, toaster oven, and TV; not to mention the vaulted ceilings, and a cell phone which was provided us in order to call a taxi or contact the property manager, Micheal, for any of our needs. And Michael was an absolute gem of a person, who accommodated us in any way possible to, once again, insure our fulfillment of a trip to be remembered.
The cottage was lovely and spacious, which was just right for two people. The pool on the property was shared with people from the other cottage accommodations and had plenty of lounge chairs for all staying there.
Our first order of business was to get settled in and then take a nice long walk to town to see what was available, and where we wanted to dine. After lunch we did some sight seeing, and among the places on my list was "Bella's," a hostel on the other end of this small Island. I had to stop there in order to take pictures for my nieces back in Austin, TX. who are diehard "Twilight" (you know....the movie series)fans. Once that mission was accomplished the rest was "visit as you see it," or "stop as you go."
This quaint little Island was fun to run up and down during our days of browsing and buying, and we did do plenty of walking, However, we got to know one of the local Taxi owners personally, as Nick chauffeured us around during our entire stay. We met some of his family members as well, in particular, his son, who graciously guided us around when Papa Nick wasn't available. How great it was to get to know one of the local families and business owners! :)
We had a few fun and scary "surprises" during our visit on Caye Caulker. One of the fun things, which was also a surprise, was that we went to an out door movie theater one of our nights out. We saw, MOST, of the movie "Gravity." I say, MOST, because the last 15 minutes of movie was cut off due to a "power outage" on that half of the Island. We understood that the other half had gone out the night before! What a hoot that was! :) :) :)
Our little "scary" adventure took place on our walk back to our cottage one evening, when, much to our surprise, we ran across "several" crawling crabs, let me emphasize the word SEVERAL here, I would venture to say, dozens, who did not appreciate the light that we shown upon them while taking a "short cut" through this densely populated, forest-like path back to our little home. Thanks "Cous," for your brilliant idea of taking a short cut through a pitch black forest!! ha ha ha We needed a drink when we arrived at our wonderful "Sea Garden Cottage" I can tell you. :) :) :)
The brilliantly colored shops we stopped in while on our buying sprees were lovely, and I spent more money than I planned on because of all the great things to buy!! But what else, besides lying in the sun, on the deck of our pool, sipping a cool cocktail, eating in wonderful restaurants, and skipping through densely crab populated forests is a girl supposed to do while on vacation in a Caribbean wonderland!!? Now, I ask you!!! :)
We ate at Rosa's our last night on Caye Caulker, and, of course, had Lobster. We knew the season was fast approaching an end for the Lobster feast, so we had a hearty helping of our special dinner, which made for a marvelous end to our perfect Caribbean Islands Vacation trip, which I had waited 25 years to experience in all it's fantastic splendor!!
At any rate..................our vacation was great fun, too much delicious food, and lovely sun bathing while on our second Island exploration. Truly, I do not exaggerate about how great our stay on Caye Caulker, in our Sea Garden Cottage by the airport was! Oh, by the way............flying in and out of C. C. was fun as well, and I took many pictures from the plane going from Hopkins to Caye Caulker, and Caye Caulker back to Belize International Airport. For me, it was a "dream come true," and I could not have asked for a more beautiful experience than the one we had in both our destination resorts!!
Thank you to all of you who made our trip extremely special and interesting.
Jo Jamison
Austin, TX.

Liked best: All of it!!!
Liked least: The pot holes in the roads!!!!!!!!!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
DrJanetHa...
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolute paradise with fabulous pool”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Caye Caulker is a delightful island retreat- suspended in time with local folks living their slow paced life. Debbie's cottage is a delight to hide away in and have all the comforts from home and still ride the bikes easily to town. The pool is just fabulous and so special to have to yourself (just dont lay out like I did in the late afternoon because the sand flies eat you!)

MO
Reviewed 10 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
colorado
Reviewed 11 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing