“Best meal of our trip!”
Review of Pat and Stells - CLOSED

Pat and Stells
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you go to Caye Caulker and don't eat here, you deserve a kick in the shins. My husband and I had dinner here our last night on the island, and it was the best meal we've had during our month of travel through Belize & Guatemala. I had the jerk barracuda (a special), he had the coconut curry shrimp. Everything was fresh and absolutely delicious- fish, rice, veggies. The chef waited on us himself, and was very polite and attentive. Yes, the food is slow to come out, but worth the wait- you can tell everything is made to order. And you get to enjoy the view and watch the rays swim by while you wait.

There are newer reviews for Pat and Stells

Reviewed 11 February 2014

On the beach, best food at the best price on Caye Caulker. I had the grilled snapper which was amazing. I ordered extra slaw. I never eat slaw but I couldn't get enough if this stuff. This is a beach bar. The staff is friendly, the food is real, fresh and wonderful. Let your hair down and enjoy!!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband & I ate here our first night on Caye Caulker with a group of friends. The food was delicious and filling. The waterfront location is great! The only reason I am not giving it five stars is because the service was very slow.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Nice location, but avoid the restaurant.
We went for dinner, based partly in the pitch of the women on the street seeking customers.
Ordered two dishes, and waited, and waited, and waited. There were only two other tables seated.
The manager's explanation was that he hadn't given his chef enough prep time. Though what chef can't handle three tables in a reasonable time? And how can competent management not schedule prep time?
When the food came, it was mediocre. My wide had OK ribs, and I had a terrible shrimp curry. A splash of bland sauce, small, overcooked and tasteless shrimps, dried out rice and salad greens with no apparent dressing.
People at other tables ordered whole grilled fish, only to be told after a long delay that the fish had arrived, and burritos, which were unavailable because the restaurant had no flour for tortillas.
Two dinners, two drinks were $50BZ, or $25 U.S.
Even the basic look of the restaurant shows a lack of care. The seaside location is beautiful, but there's a rusted out barbecue at the railing and a jarringly bright fluorescent light on the roof, where neighbouring restaurants have Christmas lights.
Don't go; there are lots of much better options in Caye Caulker.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Love the curries and the staff. Second time there, great both times, but watch out for the home made habanero salsa - crazy hot!