Kokomo Beach Suites
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$147
US$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$80
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$98
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We made our reservation over four months before our trip. Despite several emails back and forth, they still managed to screw up our room request. We reserved a room with 2 queen-size beds but when we arrived all they had was a room with 1 king size bed. They had rented our room to a couple who was only staying one night and only needed 1 bed! We had reserved for 3 nights. I mean really??? How hard is it to look at what you have reserved each day? We werte told it was a glitch in the computer. Fortunately we had copies of our reservation emails. Also fortunately the place next door had just what we needed, on the ground floor (instead of second floor), and it smelled better. Kokomo beach arranged with them for their room so we just moved next door and everything worked out for the better. Plce next door is the Sailwinds.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Like others reviewers have said... this is the ideal spot for views and quiet without a lot of the hubbub of Front Steet. Everything in CC is in walking distance but Kokomo is in a great location for walking. Did I mention the view???
If I had any suggestions (this is not a complaint...) would be lamps in the rooms vs light from the ceiling fan(s), better towels/sheets(ours looked pretty 'used'), kitchen towels, bottled water and a microwave. We rented 2 other places - 10 in our party - and all had the above amentities.
Readers of these reviews need to remember that this is NOT Cancun, NOT San Pablo,NOT commercialized...it is 'Go Slow'.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank momlovesherkids
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Like another reviewer, I had problems with being overcharged on my credit card before I arrived.

The positives: right next to the water taxi, perfect views, big room, very nice staff and a quick walk anywhere.

The negatives: right near the water taxi (too much boat traffic for swimming off the pier), only had windows in the front (limited light and no cross breeze), bedding had that familiar central American hostel smell (not what I would expect for the price) and its expensive compared to similar options.

I wouldn't stay here again. If you wanted to spend money, stay at seaside cabanas. Alternatively, pay much less and have a similar experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed five nights in Kokomo suite #2 (ground floor) in June and really enjoyed it. The apartment is a generous size, but the only windows are on the front so the bedroom does not get any natural sunlight. There are air conditioners in both the living and bedroom. The kitchen is small and had limited supplies, but when we asked for additional cups and forks it was not a problem. We were also offered a microwave and beach towels. We spent a lot of time in the hammocks reading, riding bikes around the island, scuba diving and swimming off the taxi boat pier and the spit. A very relaxed holiday and would highly recommend Kokomos even though it is a bit expensive (USD$100/night) for Caye Caulker

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

See the hotel's picture? That's how it really looks. Kokomo Beach's location is perfect. The building's colors pop out, it is as if a child painted the structure in day-glo hues. The famous Split is just minutes away on foot. The water taxis are literally, just next door, without being obtrusive. Kokomo's 'beachfront' description is accurate; it promises and delivers lovely views.

However, there were glitches. Mind you, these glitches were fixed, but having a number of things go wrong was irritating. First of all, we were charged twice even before we got there. Eventually, this double charge was refunded. Next, the Internet service didn't work my first day there ( I somehow could not log on for the rest of my stay but fortunately, I was given access to another nearby company's server). Having Wi-fi is crucial in my case since I work online. I did not think I'd have to worry about online service when it was part of the deal that I signed up for. Thirdly, the air conditioner malfunctioned in another guest's room. Even if it was not our problem, we were informed that our own power would shut off while the air conditioner upstairs was being fixed.

The fridge was big and worked well, but the 'kitchen' is a misnomer since it was poorly stocked. I wish they'd include a microwave, at least. The king sized bed was gigantic, but the bathroom was less than ideal with missing fixtures and a grimy looking tiled shower floor.

See? There are positives and negatives with this accommodation which sorts of balances things out. However, since ours was a lifetime and much awaited vacation of just a few days , having these stumbling blocks added stress when none was desired. I went to Belize to relax but the hotel's problems kept me from just 'chilling out' since I had to spend time trying to get things fixed (my credit card and the Internet).

There were other hotels I saw that I had considered; I somewhat regretted that I chose Kokomo.

Don't get me wrong; if these mishaps had not occurred, I would have been happy at Kokomo. But they did, and that is why Kokomo Beach does not get my stamp of approval.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family