“Best location on the island, very warm feeling”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Bruges, Belgium
“Best location on the island, very warm feeling”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We finished our 3 weeks trip here and it was a perfect ending! Beautifull and very well located spot. Not the cheapest place but worth every penny!
We enjoyed aswell the pool and everlasting happy hour!!!
Try to book room 6 with the balcony.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank vdds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is the best place to stay in Caye Caulker, friendly staff, clean rooms and right on the beach. You can't go wrong!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LetyFigueroa
southport
Reviewed 22 August 2011

the location is spot on, you literally step off the ferry and its right in front of you. this is a really pretty little hotel with a lovely pool. the reception staff in particular Laura are really helpful, Laura was really kind and went to a lot of effort to help with finding info on flights and sorting us a great snorkelling trip. the cocktails from the poolside bar- uno mas were nice but it would have been an added benefit if they had served snacks as well so we could have eaten them by the pool. the room was lovely and really clean with comfortable beds. I would recommend staying here if you come to caye caulker

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alipat
New York
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Though Caye Caulker is as small an island as I've ever been on (& that would be many!), the hotel is centrally located so that breakfast, lunch, dinner and the watertaxi are only steps away. Also nice to have a pool and AC -- both were critical to making the stay just perfect, and the fresh papaya colada didn't hurt either! (well, maybe the next day they hurt). All in all, highly recommend this place. Good crowd too -- guests were all friendly, but not encroaching on personal space. And the staff really couldn't be nicer.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are closest to the ocean and have a roof top view, wished I had that on the full moon...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Surfcoast09
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I spent a few days at Seaside Cabanas after four days in the Cayo (had a wonderful time at Table Rock!), and our time on Caye Caulker was relaxing, romantic, and low key, just as we had hoped. Seaside Cabanas proved to be a perfect locale for our island journey. We loved our cabana (#1) with the rooftop palapa, breakfast treats in the bar, and the friendly staff. We were impressed with the hotel's cleanliness AND its island flair. Oh, and the location is perfect--just steps away from the water taxi. The front desk is a pleasure, offering up beach towels, snorkeling advice, and smiles.

Room Tip: Cabana #1 and #2 are quieter than the others, and #1 gets a better sunrise view from the rooftop.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rahir
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This place is amazing! I spent my last two days of vacation here and my only regret is not having two weeks to spend here. The rooms were clean, save for two or three pesky mosquitos and the pool was immaculate. The staff is friendly and very resourceful. Uno Mas, the hotel bar, pours a mean rum and coke!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Caye Caulker Belize is likely one of the most overlooked and underrated places in all of Belize...
I was planning my first trip to Belize to photograph Mayan Ruins with a small, but dedicated, group of Photographers and decided that the Cayes had to be a part of this...
I picked Caye Caulker over San Pedro for the First location because the others in my group were not 'Party People" and I wanted a place easy to get to/from by a variety of travel modes.
There are Many choices for Lodging, but I always pick on or near the beach, so the Seaside Cabanas seemed perfect.
We arrived by Water Taxi from the Belize City Terminal and the Hotel was Literally right there at the dock. So far so good! The other's in my group also appreciated this since some were tired & hot from all the travel.
The water Taxi was really Fun! Went flew back to Belize City, but took several more to/from the city and to San Pedro during this trip. You Must do this, even if you are not a Water fan, it is a great way to see the Cayes and talk to some locals...
We walked into the lobby area and the girl was not exactly spewing with personality, but it was fine. She checked us all in and showed us our rooms.
The "Cabanas" were all Hut-like buildings of one or two stories and and the Hotel rooms were above the office facing the Beach.
I chose private Cabana and another took the upstairs. What a Room! It reminded me of some Primitive Huts in Fiji or anywhere in the South Pacific I have been to and the Pool was Right Outside the Room...
I quickly got into a bathing suit and dove into the pool... Awesome!!!
The rooms themselves offer Everything you could want from a small, Boutique style Beach-side Hotel. Rustic but New. Clean rooms (fine, sand is Everywhere, but what do you expect??) Great Queen Size Beds, Fridge, Wifi, Couch, Awesome Style & all the little extras...

Everyone joined me in the Pool and we had a Great afternoon with Drinks from the "Una Mas" Bar at the hotel and relaxing a bit.
The Bar was not even open, but the front desk called in someone to open it for us cause we Asked. Do not Ever be afraid to Ask for something while traveling to Belize. They are Very Friendly & accomodating people and will go Out of their Way to help or do that Extra stuff that makes travel a Great Experience.
There were some that took rooms in the main building and they were also very nice. Not the size or Extras of the Cabanas, but the View of the Beach is Un-Real(!!!), especially from the Second Floor!
Since this hotel in On the beach and So reasonable in $$ (we averaged $75/night), we were extremely happy with everything.
The Fridge was Really nice and I kept cold drinks on hand since it gets pretty hot at times...
Visit the Gift Shop in the Lobby area for Unique things you will Not find elsewhere.
The Top Floor of the Una Mas Bar is an Awesome place to chill for an Afternoon drink or 2...
Walking the Beach from here we ate at too many places to talk about, but I will mention a few...
We ate the First Night at Rosies. Un-Be-Leavable!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot say enough... It is Straight up the Street from Seaside and it is a Grill where they do Anything Seafood.
This is the One Place you Cannot Miss eating at!! (Seriously! It is That Good!)
Other Excellect food can be found at 'Barrier Reef Sports Bar'. I had the Fish & Chips but everything was good according to all...
"The Agave" was also Great. offering a nice selection of food at amazing prices.
Stop for a drink at 'Herbal Tribe' and look over the Original Artwork.
The folks at the front desk were helpful, perhaps not the best or most outgoing, but everything they gave advice on was spot on.
They also have Bikes that you can take & bring back if you want to Bike Ride around the Island. Not a bad way to go! There are No Cars here! It is basically Golf Cart or Bicycle...
Fantastic Hotel, Great Rooms, Great Service.
There are Cheaper options, but when I was looking, $75/night for this quality was pretty unbelievable. We did look through nearly all the other hotels on Caye Caulker while we were there. There are Hostels for $25/night to 4 Star places for $150+.
The Seaside was Perfect for us...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
#21 of 53 in San Pedro
Ramon's Village Resort
Ramon's Village Resort
#13 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!