“Pamper yourself.”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Edmonton, Canada
“Pamper yourself.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was a wonderful place to spend the last 2 days of my vacation. I had stayed at 2 fairly basic cabanas during my trip to Belize and I wanted to pamper myself before going home. I had cabana #1 which had its own private front patio and a private rooftop deck with my own hot tub. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I can highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kirk1957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Hamburg
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Very nice and good located hotel in Caye Caulker. Everything worked perfect and the staff is quite nice and serviceminded. We were very pleased to stay there. You will get very got value for your money and it is absulutely a place we will come back to.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dieter M
Dayton
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I am rating this property the full 5 not because it was luxurious or "over the top" in any way but rather because I can't really see any way to make it better. We stayed in unit 18, which covers 2 floors (lower level, which is directly above the bar and the bedroom on the floor above), has a fabulous outdoor sun bed (private) and a private (well, sort of private) hot tub. The 1st level has a full kitchen with all the appliances you might need to prepare a meal, however, we only used the coffee pot (there was coffee already there!). The bedroom was way cool with the ceiling opening up to the thatch of the roof. The shower had plenty of room for 2 and very good temperature and pressure. There was a/c and both a ceiling fan and a "dyson" fan which we used each evening. It is important to note that there really are no beaches on Caye Caulker, at least as you might be picturing a beach. The pool and pool area, while small, was more than adequate. Lounge chairs, hammocks, chairs and tables both in and out of the sun were always available. The property is almost directly on the water with a small, fairly well used, path (street?) between the sea and the property. The location is one of the best assets of Seaside Cabanas. Next to one of two water taxi docks and a half “block” from the “main street”. There are no less than four restaurants within easy stumbling distance (for that matter the whole island is within a short walk). However, the very best assets are the folks who work at Seaside Cabanas. Vivian, Mary and Laura in the office (will arrange any activity you might want while there), Yamili and Jubalus in the bar or Rosa and team who kept our room spotless. The grounds keeping / maintenance guy never stopped working and was ready to assist at any time. The property consists of a “main” building with rooms on both floors (did not go in any of them so I can’t say anything about them), 4 “cabanas” with rooftop hot tubs and hammocks and the bar with room 18 above. I recommend going for either room 18 or a cabana and if going for a cabana go for #1 or #3 since they are opposite a street light. I don’t usually go back to any place I have already been (too much to see in this world) but I would not be surprised if I return to Caye Caulker and Seaside Cabanas.

4 Thank Tbouy
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Seaside Cabanas.
It's so close to the water taxi which made it very convenient arriving.

Due to availability, we stayed one night in room #12 and 2 nights in room #2.
We were shocked the difference between how much nicer room 2 was-- bigger, brighter, newer shower and bathroom fixtures, newer TV, and of course, private rooftop hammock and jacuzzi!!

The staff were fantastic-- we were all ready to bring our luggage down to the lobby the morning of our room change and expected to be out of a room for a few hours gap, but THEY insisted we were "entitled" to our current room until our new one was ready!!

Had a blast.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are worth the extra money for the fun rooftop patios!!
2 Thank Amanda B
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been fortunate to travel a bit and I don't mind telling every one I see how fabulous room 18 is. We wanted something a little special for our anniversary and this hotel has not let us down. The office staff are friendly and knowledgable. The bartenders in Uno Mas are likewise polite and friendly. The hotel is clean and very well maintained. The location is likely the best on the island. I will be looking forward to being able to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was a nice place on Caye Caulker and right on the water and close to the water taxi. Friendly staff and very clean throughout the entire place. Location on Caye Caulker is also close to the "main" street, close to several restaurants and bars.

1 Thank joshualwelch
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you are looking for a great place at Caye Caulker, this is it! Prices were reasonable, the people were very friendly, and the room was clean & nice. It's located just across from the water taxi which made arriving & leaving very easy. I can't saw anything about the quality of the food in the restaurant, but there are definitely cheaper places to eat/drink on the island.

2 Thank Jessica B
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#21 of 53 in San Pedro
Pelican Reef Villas Resort

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!