“Best hotel on Caye Caulker”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Caye Caulker is a delightful little island with a very unique charm, and no hotel on the island is as charming as Seaside Cabanas! We were going to spend one night on the island just to experience it before heading to Ambergris Caye, but for budgetary reasons we decided to stay for three. We are so glad we did! Seaside Cabanas completely exceeded my expectations! The location was perfect...nothing on the island is far away, but we were close to the water taxi when we needed to use it, close to the best restaurants, and especially close to the bakery for warm cinnamon buns for breakfast! The pool was great at the end of the day when we were dusty or salty from a day of exploring or snorkelling. The rooms were clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I like a firm bed, and was actually having back problems from a softer mattress at a previous resort, so this bed was perfect. When I think what I pay back home for a night at a Super8 or Travelodge...it is a crazy bargain to stay at a property this nice in such an exotic seaside location! Mary and Laura at the front desk were very helpful recommending a company for a day of snorkelling and a manatee watching...good advice...we had a great day with Anwar Tours. I can't imagine finding a better place to stay on Caye Caulker!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, upstairs from room 5 and thought it was great! I get a bad reaction to mosquit...
2  Thank cc-in-cc

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Location cannot be better when arriving by water taxi, being a 30 second walk from the dock. After wandering around the island, it is clear that Seaside Cabanas is one of the nicer hotels. It is well maintained, and one of few properties with a swimming pool. Myself and a friend stayed in Cabana 4. Room was great, including hot shower with good water pressure, good AC, good TV, and free wifi. The cabanas all have 1 queen bed, but the hotel was able to provide us with a cot for an extra $10 per night (see photo). While it was not the most comfortable cot in the world, it did make it possible for two friends to share one of the cabanas with a private rooftop terrace, which was totally worth it. The hot tub was in excellent working condition, clean, and relaxing. Some reviews mention that cabanas 2+4 are too close to the bright street lamp, but we actually preferred it as there is no other lighting on the terraces; folks in 1+3 were off their terraces by dusk, but the street lamp allowed us to enjoy our terrace late into the evening and provided enough light for reading. Cabanas 1+2 have a mini kitchen, whereas 3+4 have a mini refrigerator, which was fine with us. You get complimentary coffee, pastries, and fruit in the morning, and there are plenty of places to eat on the island. There are several mini markets nearby where you can buy snacks and alcohol.

The front desk staff were excellent. Laura answered questions by e-mail prior to our arrival, booked our snorkeling tour, booked our golf cart taxi to the island airport, and let me use their computer for a few minutes to look up some travel information. Very helpful, and obviously aiming to make guests happy.

Overall, we loved the hotel and would absolutely return if we were ever on the island again. I would probably pick Cabana 2, as it has ocean front, kitchenette, and street lamp for the terrace.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anonymous_Canadian
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is clearly the best Hotel on the Island. Most every room has a view of the ocean an there is a pool between the rooms and the ocean. The rooms were comfortable, each with an AC, refrigerator, TV, and wireless. The staff were so fantastically helpful. I got one of the last pairs of rooms available but one had a single double bed instead of two double beds as desired. I asked Laura at the front desk , to move us if anything became available, and she managed to keep us in rooms with 2 double beds by moving us twice. I was so very grateful. The pool was nice and the bar tender very entertaining. The bar served a very health fruit breakfast every morning and great coffee. We often sent the kids out to one of the local Taco stands to by chicken or pork tacos for the family at a staggering cost of about $2 US for 8 tacos! Laura, at the front Desk also tuned us on to fried Jacks, which were delicious. These were tortillas stuffed with egg, cheese, ham, chicken and then fried. Delicious. Writing about it makes me sad and wanting to go back. We considered buying a condo or house while there, but why do that when we can stay at the Seaside Cabanas without all the worries of ownership.

Room Tip: Upstairs had a great view of the ocean from the shared balconies/ walkway. The downstairs rooms had...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Captain-Jim W
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We just returned from traveling to Belize with our two young-adult children. The Seaside Cabanas was a perfect place for our time on Caye Caulker. The location close to the water taxi docks, restaurants, downtown and the Split allowed all of us to easily come and go as we pleased. The hotel pool is a big plus as swimming right off the beach is not that easy in Belize.

Room Tip: Room 17 with its two bedrooms and small sitting room is perfect for a small family stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I do not think you could get a better location, right next to the water taxi and central to town. I worried if being next to the taxi would be loud ,but no issues at all The pool was very nice to have with the absents of a swimmable beach. I would not want a hotel without a pool on the island. I found the rooms very clean and comfortable. I stayed in the cabana 2 with the hot tub which was very nice. I did see the basic rooms and would have been happy there too. The room 2 had a nice TV microwave and small fridge, and hairdryer. The pool area is small but a nice place to spend the day. The bar located in the cabana is a nice place to grab a drink. I only wish they had a menu, ceviche was the only food item offered. The staff was helpful from booking to checkin to checkout. I booked some tours thru the front desk very knowledgeable and helpful.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We did stay in one of the rooms with private hot tub....Comfiest beds, great staff, clean rooms, good ambiance with character. We stayed four nights and loved it more each day. Convenience Store nearby has good prices. We bought our own rum there with ice and mixers... Saved $$$. Can rely on front desk for good recommendations for tours through kayak rentals. We have a long travel bucket list to conquer, but this is one place it will be hard to not return to.

Room Tip: Go for one with rooftop hot tub! But guests without really enjoyed the pool and grounds.
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was a wonderful place to spend the last 2 days of my vacation. I had stayed at 2 fairly basic cabanas during my trip to Belize and I wanted to pamper myself before going home. I had cabana #1 which had its own private front patio and a private rooftop deck with my own hot tub. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I can highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
#15 of 19 in Caye Caulker
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
#1 of 55 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!