“Seaside was Great! Beautiful and Professional!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location for one night during our three days at Caye Caulker and we wish we had stayed there for all three. The property and rooms were well maintained, perfectly cleaned and the staff was so accommodating, professional and personal. We received a great rate, a beautiful balcony room and service that was top notch. If we return to the area, we will no doubt stay here. The AC had some trouble at night and our room was changed immediately. I wish all hotels offered the same degree of professionalism. The location was one block off Front street and steps away from the water taxi--no noise at all though. Private, manicured grounds and clean pool.

Room Tip: call ahead, ask for a second floor room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a horrible stay in a hostel on the island. Most places book up very quickly so it's very hard to find somewhere with vacancies without booking in advance. We managed to get two nights here and it was amazing, friendly staff,spotless rooms and beautiful location. We even had a private hot tub on our roof with hammocks!if your willing to splash out then definitely stay here,it's worth it and the pool is lovely too!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here for 13 nights and in 3 different types of room (our poor organisation not the hotel's) I can't see how our stay could have been made any better.

From helping me organise a surprise dinner for my wife in our room (we were on our honeymoon) to booking tours for us, they were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help. The pool and bar area is great and the rooms are cleaned every day. Some of the rooms have a lovely view of the ocean which is about 10 metres from the front of the hotel. We could not have picked a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kdboe1
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed only one night, they did not have availability for 2 nights. What a beautiful location, clean and decorated so colorful. It was amazingly clean. We wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was very nice and happy. We thought the one lady at the front desk could have been a little bit more friendly. My only complaint is the bed is ROCK hard. It does not help it is sitting a concrete slab. But the shower was great, pool was fabulous and like I said it was so clean. I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room there, all face the pool or ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I picked this hotel blindly and when we arrived I truly felt in all my travels I've never picked a better hotel. It had everything we wanted and at a very reasonable rate. The views are amazing, the pool was wonderful, their bar was really quaint and colorful and the location was perfect. You are right on the beach and the view from the pool makes it hard to decide whether to take a dip in the pool or just walk out to the sea. The rooms were colorful, comfortable and simply decorated. The AC in the room was just enough to help escape the sun. We will return here and reserve the cabanas up front and they have an individual roof top deck and hot tub with even more amazing views.

Room Tip: Enjoy the pool as there were not many hotels on the island that had them. Get out and walk the stree...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1966Worldtraveler
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Coming from a place on Ambergris with impeccable customer service, Seaside Cabanas felt a bit cold in comparison. The hotel grounds are nice, probably the nicest on the whole island, but I had a few issues with my stay. When I was taken to my room, they had the door wide open and the AC off, so I was sweating the first hour in my room and battling all the mosquitos. In fact, the two nights I stayed there I encountered mosquitos, ants, and spiders. I'm not super squeamish about bugs, but felt this could have easily been avoided had they kept my room closed before checking in. I was attacked by the mosquitos at night. The bathroom is pretty clean and updated which was a plus, and the morning complimentary coffee and pastries/fruit were a bonus. The pool looked nice...people kind of parked in their spot around the small pool so I felt a bit weird about climbing in surrounded by people on their chairs.
My largest frustration however was the day I checked in, the woman at the front desk booked me for a morning snorkel trip the next day. The next morning, a different woman told me my trip was no longer happening because the company had decided to book a large group and the individuals just weren't going on the trip any longer. I practically had to force the woman to sort out a new option for me, and she got me on an afternoon boat. However this screwed up my schedule for the day, and no discount was offered for the inconvenience. Just a 'sorry about that!'. All in all, the hotel is fine...it just depends on what you expect from your stay on this small island.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the second floor to avoid close exposure to people hanging out at pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in a family room , for three adults. Everything was as expected, comfy beds, clean,, friendly staff and front desk and bar/breakfast. Breakfast was on time every day, fresh fruit, buns, coffee and tea. Staff was helpful in tracking our delayed bag for us. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Nice breeze and great location. Very quiet too, slept great!

Room Tip: Next time I would book a room with roof top Jacuzzi...but they only hold 2 persons.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family