“Comfortable and friendly!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Seaside Cabanas was our first hotel stop of our Belize honeymoon! We arrived on Caye Caulker via water taxi a little early for check-in, but our room was ready to were let right in. The front desk was very helpful and friendly! We were in Room 3, which is it's own cabana with private rooftop area with our own hot tub, hammock and lounge chairs just for us, and view of the sea. The complex also has a beautiful pool area, but we spent most of our time up on our roof in the hot tub because our days in Caye Caulker were a bit overcast and not too hot. The room itself was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was a little mini kitchenette area with toaster, coffee maker, glasses, etc., and the bathroom was very nice and shower was great! We were very glad we picked this hotel, it was the nicest looking one we saw in the main strip of the Caye! The bar is also very conveniently on site, made yummy tropical drinks and always had a happy hour special! They also served some free breakfast items in the morning (yogurt, fruit, granola, coffee, tea), so that was a nice touch not to have to go out for breakfast every day elsewhere.
We would definitely return to Seaside Cabanas when we venture back to Belize someday! :)

Room Tip: The cabana rooms (with private rooftops) are nice because you have a hot tub. If you don't have...

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was our third visit to Seaside Cabanas and we've already booked our next trip. First, the staff are so helpful and always have a smile on their face. Whenever I had a question or needed to make reservations Mary or Vivian were always willing to help. The rooms are very clean as well as the pool and Jacuzzi. This is our "big" trip of the year so we spend the extra money for one of the rooftop cabanas, it is well worth the extra cost. They are very private and you feel as if you have your own private space. There are many nice restaurants on the island but over the years we have learned to eat like the locals and it is much more cost effective. I read recently about a guest who thought the bartender Jubalus was rude. This is not the case at all, he is very attentive and always has a good story to share as well as, a great laugh!!! We are counting down the days til we return!

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

It was great holidays and amazing hotel. Totally laid back, clean and loads of private space. Very lovely design inside the room and pool area. We booked snorkeling tour over them and it was the best we had till now. Would definitely come and and recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

dont stay anywhere else this is it, great pool, next to sea, lovely staff. this is the one. doesnt have a restaurant for dinner but just long from rosies so no probs and breakfast is from local bakery with real coffee. thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was here with my family, the Fosters from Dec.21st-Dec.29th. We absolutely loved it here. This entire property is simply gorgeous. And the location is spot-on, right on the beach! Seaside has one of the few freshwater pools on the island- a definite bonus, perfect for a refreshing swim after a day in the sun or in the ocean, snorkeling. Rooms have air conditioning, which is also very handy. Rooms were always spotless upon my return. Staff was outstanding! I didn't have much interaction with reception, as my parents were the ones who dealt with checking in/out, reservations etc, and as a guest, housekeeping in doing their thing when you aren't there but the bar staff was exceptional. Yamilli ( I hope I spelled her name correct) seemed to be working mostly during the day, and as a 22 year old on vacation, I slept in a lot. However I was up a few times earlier and everything she made was fantastic! She was consistently quick, professional and friendly. This one afternoon she made my mom and I some sort of fruit juice blend and it was delicious. I cannot type this review without discussing Jubalos (again I hope I spelled his name correctly). He is hands-down the best bartender on the entire island, obviously he makes delicious beverages, but his attitude and personality is what made him our favorite. He has got to be the most chill, laid-back person I have ever met, but at the same time very down-to-earth, friendly and hilarious. He told us stories about the island, the disasters that had happened, places to go to eat at and even about his own family. Jubalos is nothing short of a legend on the island and to people who have stayed here. I only encountered Israel once. Again, this is because I slept in a lot and he was always on the go. This was on the morning we were leaving. He called us our cab, called again when it was running late and stayed with us until it arrived, as did Jubalos, to see us off. Overall, we were very impressed with our stay. I just have one single reccomendation, nothing major, something to think about. The window slats that are in most if not all the rooms-they are wooden and have a lot of little holes all over/are in a sort of woven pattern - if there are lights on in the room, anyone walking by the room can completely 100% see everything. My brother and I improvised in each of our rooms and put towels over each slat and were good to go. Overall though, we were very impressed with the entire experience and we plan on returning in the near future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

spent one night there late december and wish i would have booked other days instead of at the other hotel i stayed at. they had nice atmosphere. close to water taxi. close to beach paths. grounds well kept. nice to sit by the pool and look out at the ocean. good location.
room clean and well done. everything was as advertised.
reception was helpful and curtious.
i would stay there again.

Room Tip: any room would be good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

An excellent hotel, probably the best available, on Caye Caulker. Spent a week there and room was well cleaned every day. Lot of free beach/pool towels. "Breakfast" is very limited that comes with the room as they basically just put out some fruit and yogurt and not-really-sweet rolls with the coffee. Stayed in hot tub rooms both days and loved looking at the ocean from it. Rained most days, but that's the breaks. Good wifi and staff. Heartily would recommend if coming to this Caye. No restaurant on premises but they are happy to make reservations and give recommendations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caye Caulker
#15 of 19 in Caye Caulker
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
#1 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!