“Uno Mas? Solamente uno!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We loved, loved, loved this hotel. The rooms were great with nice air conditioning (when needed) and hot water in the shower at all times. The pool was beautiful with such great views. And the staff? Excellent! At the Uno Mas we spent a lot of time with Yamily and Jubalos. Both make sure that all their guests are having a great time whether it is breakfast (free every morning), afternoon drinks by the pool or late night cocktail. Only place I will ever stay in Caye Caulker.

Room Tip: There are four rooms with roof top cabanas and jacuzzis. Unfortunately, they were all booked a year...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seaside Cabanas

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our first trip to Caye Caulker and Seaside Cabanas and it will not be our last. Great staff from the front office to housekeeping to Jubalos and Yamilli in the 'Uno Mas' bar - no weak links here. Very professional and accomodating in every regard. This hotel is a gem with unique architecture and styling. We had Cabana #1 and our kids were in rooms 15 and 16 upstairs - clean, air-conditioned, with a fridge in every room - awesome. The pool is fantastic for cooling off on the hotter days. For a few dollars an hour borrow one of the stand up paddle boards, just ask at the front desk. Great alternative to $30 or $40USD from one of the rental shops, and you don't have to lug it back to the store.
Thanks guys, we look forward to visiting Caye Caulker and Seaside Cabanas as soon as possible, can't wait.

Room Tip: Cabana #1 is awesome - front veranda right on the beach and a shaded hammock, hot tub and deck loung...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Seaside Cabanas was our first hotel stop of our Belize honeymoon! We arrived on Caye Caulker via water taxi a little early for check-in, but our room was ready to were let right in. The front desk was very helpful and friendly! We were in Room 3, which is it's own cabana with private rooftop area with our own hot tub, hammock and lounge chairs just for us, and view of the sea. The complex also has a beautiful pool area, but we spent most of our time up on our roof in the hot tub because our days in Caye Caulker were a bit overcast and not too hot. The room itself was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was a little mini kitchenette area with toaster, coffee maker, glasses, etc., and the bathroom was very nice and shower was great! We were very glad we picked this hotel, it was the nicest looking one we saw in the main strip of the Caye! The bar is also very conveniently on site, made yummy tropical drinks and always had a happy hour special! They also served some free breakfast items in the morning (yogurt, fruit, granola, coffee, tea), so that was a nice touch not to have to go out for breakfast every day elsewhere.
We would definitely return to Seaside Cabanas when we venture back to Belize someday! :)

Room Tip: The cabana rooms (with private rooftops) are nice because you have a hot tub. If you don't have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was our third visit to Seaside Cabanas and we've already booked our next trip. First, the staff are so helpful and always have a smile on their face. Whenever I had a question or needed to make reservations Mary or Vivian were always willing to help. The rooms are very clean as well as the pool and Jacuzzi. This is our "big" trip of the year so we spend the extra money for one of the rooftop cabanas, it is well worth the extra cost. They are very private and you feel as if you have your own private space. There are many nice restaurants on the island but over the years we have learned to eat like the locals and it is much more cost effective. I read recently about a guest who thought the bartender Jubalus was rude. This is not the case at all, he is very attentive and always has a good story to share as well as, a great laugh!!! We are counting down the days til we return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

It was great holidays and amazing hotel. Totally laid back, clean and loads of private space. Very lovely design inside the room and pool area. We booked snorkeling tour over them and it was the best we had till now. Would definitely come and and recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

dont stay anywhere else this is it, great pool, next to sea, lovely staff. this is the one. doesnt have a restaurant for dinner but just long from rosies so no probs and breakfast is from local bakery with real coffee. thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was here with my family, the Fosters from Dec.21st-Dec.29th. We absolutely loved it here. This entire property is simply gorgeous. And the location is spot-on, right on the beach! Seaside has one of the few freshwater pools on the island- a definite bonus, perfect for a refreshing swim after a day in the sun or in the ocean, snorkeling. Rooms have air conditioning, which is also very handy. Rooms were always spotless upon my return. Staff was outstanding! I didn't have much interaction with reception, as my parents were the ones who dealt with checking in/out, reservations etc, and as a guest, housekeeping in doing their thing when you aren't there but the bar staff was exceptional. Yamilli ( I hope I spelled her name correct) seemed to be working mostly during the day, and as a 22 year old on vacation, I slept in a lot. However I was up a few times earlier and everything she made was fantastic! She was consistently quick, professional and friendly. This one afternoon she made my mom and I some sort of fruit juice blend and it was delicious. I cannot type this review without discussing Jubalos (again I hope I spelled his name correctly). He is hands-down the best bartender on the entire island, obviously he makes delicious beverages, but his attitude and personality is what made him our favorite. He has got to be the most chill, laid-back person I have ever met, but at the same time very down-to-earth, friendly and hilarious. He told us stories about the island, the disasters that had happened, places to go to eat at and even about his own family. Jubalos is nothing short of a legend on the island and to people who have stayed here. I only encountered Israel once. Again, this is because I slept in a lot and he was always on the go. This was on the morning we were leaving. He called us our cab, called again when it was running late and stayed with us until it arrived, as did Jubalos, to see us off. Overall, we were very impressed with our stay. I just have one single reccomendation, nothing major, something to think about. The window slats that are in most if not all the rooms-they are wooden and have a lot of little holes all over/are in a sort of woven pattern - if there are lights on in the room, anyone walking by the room can completely 100% see everything. My brother and I improvised in each of our rooms and put towels over each slat and were good to go. Overall though, we were very impressed with the entire experience and we plan on returning in the near future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
#10 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#29 of 53 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!