“Many problems!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We had many problems in this hotel. I think they believe to be a 5 stars hotel, while they really are not! Thw television didn't work properly, the same for the air conditioned. They refused to give us the discount on the long stay as they write on their website. The staff has been very rude with us. Really, we had a bad experience there and I won't suggest it to my friends, also because on the island is the most expensive hotel, very overpriced for what they offer.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lele75
seasidecabanas, Owner at Seaside Cabanas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2008

Hello,
Firstly we have never claimed to be a 5 star hotel, and I dont think anybody travelling to Caye Caulker would expect one.

Our hotel actually has the cheapest rates on the island for any property with a swimming pool.

The TV's were all checked and no faults were found. There was a problem with the AC but when you reported this it was fixed ASAP.
You actually received a 15% discount and our staff tried very patiently to explain this to you.
Perhaps you might have been better in a more budget accommodation.

I would like to discuss this further and resolve any misunderstandings and attempt to resolve your issues please contact me on simmobile@yahoo.com

Reviewed 3 August 2008

I've been reading reviews from others and I think the complaints stem from people forgetting that they were in Caye Caulker to begin with LOL. Let's review the island motto shall we? "Go Slow". Hello it's a tiny island with few air conditioned options. Honestly I don't know what some people expect. I've stayed here twice, the second time was for my wedding and well over a week. I liked it so much, I chose to block rooms there for wedding guests. It's clean, air conditioned, has pool, bar and a WONDERFUL staff.

Those who complained should bring their own soap (in response to previous complaint about hotel bar soap "being too small") and seek multiple star accommodations in the pricer Ambergris Caye.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Beautiful grounds. Helpful staff. Walking distance from the ferry. Booked us the tour we wanted even though we were traveling in off-season. Very clean rooms and pool area is great for lounging. Overall, a great stay - I'd go back again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank lewislhar
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We have just returned from a trip to Belize and Honduras.
Belize was by far our favourite of the two countries. We stayed on Caye Caulker and at a jungle lodge(hidden Valley).
Caye Caulker was a wonderful little island. We felt totally relaxed the minute we got off the boat and sat with a cocktail around Seaside Cabanas pool. I went off diving during the days while my wife relaxed around the hotel or walked around the island spotting birds and iguanas.
We felt very safe here, and just to verify, they do have security at night now, though the phones were not in the rooms yet.
The staff were great and went the extra mile to arrange things for us. Even phoning ahead to help us book things on the jungle part of our trip.
Wonderful Island. Wonderful Hotel!
We will be back to Belize for sure.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWalk2000
Reviewed 13 July 2008

We booked this room while in Belize at a jungle resort. We found that the two days we saved to do nothing but relax was not going to happen at our original hotel so we booked at this place for the last leg of our trip. What a RELIEF! My boyfriend and I did absolutely nothing for 2.5 days except snorkeling for 3 hours! The rooms were fabulous! They were asthetically pleasing and completely clean! The reception girls were also wonderful and helped us discover that we had been overcharged on our 'taxi' ride there and called their management office and the driver returned our money. They were extremely helpful with all our questions, mostly where places were and just pleasant. The whole stay was just relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Peppa22
Reviewed 7 July 2008

My fiance and I spent 7 days at the Seaside Cabanas and couldn't have been happier. The staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you Carol, Efren, Holly, and many others!

The location was ideal for shopping around the island, or jumping on a last minute snorkeling excursion.

The rooms were clean, colorful and had beautiful views.

We look forward to a return visit to Caye Caulker, and would not hesitate to stay at Seaside Cabanas again.

1  Thank WAZZU36
Reviewed 1 July 2008

My husband and I stayed at Seaside Cabanas during our first trip to Belize and Caye Caulker this winter. We were very pleased with our stay and would love to return some day. We literally walked the entire island (which really isn't that hard) and didn't see any other place that we would have rather stayed. Keep in mind though that Caye Caulker is a VERY laid back place and you are not going to find any large resorts with spa services and on-site restaurants. If that's what you are looking for in a beach vacation, Caye Caulker is not the place for you.

We stayed in Cabana 2, which is a detached cabana with a rooftop terrace, complete with a hammock and lounge chairs. The only bummer part is that you can't really lounge up there and look out at the ocean because there are two large palm trees blocking your view. Just an FYI.

Things we loved about the room include the tropical decorations and paint job and the air conditioning. Things that need to be changed: the bedding is really subpar. New sheets and new towels are needed desparately! We are even considering bringing our own on our next visit. Another issue is the shower head. Please replace the shower head in room 2!!! PLEASE! It was all clogged up, with only a few streams coming out and at an extremely high pressure. This may seem nit-picky but we both got sunburns and this shower head made showering a painful experience.

We absolutely LOVED the pool and I really enjoyed the hammocks all over the property. The onsite bar was a nice touch becuase it was easy to grab a beer and lounge by the pool.

If you stay at Seaside Cabanas, be sure to eat at the Sandbox restaurant adjacent to the hotel. They have a great breakfast (LOVE fry jacks!) and the prices are fantastic. It is so great to just sit at the picnic benches outside and watch the waves while listening to reggae or sometimes 80's music for some reason. Another restaurant we enjoyed was Havana's for a nice dinner. It is pricey, but well worth it!

We loved Caye Caulker. We only spent three nights there and that wasn't long enough. Just as we were feeling relaxed, it was time to leave. Next time we will plan a longer visit.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple