“Loved the pool & A/C”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Sydney
“Loved the pool & A/C”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

After 5 nights at another very cheap hotel up the road, my boyfriend and I were thrilled to spoil ourselves with 2 nights at the seaside Cabanas. We stayed in a cabana, loved the air conditioning (you need it in Belize at this time of year - it's scorchingly hot), the room was very clean and they had a TV with cable which was fun for us after 5 weeks on the road staying at budget accomodation.

The pool is very nice and I liked that the hotel was a bit out of the way.
The only negatives I noticed were that hotel is on the other side of the island from the spilt - the best place to swim on the island, although it is only a 10 minute walk. Also, the ensuite tended to have a sewage smell in the mornings.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank georgiekaj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 August 2009

My husband and 4 friends stayed here 4 nights last week. You can't beat the location! Right off the dock from th water ferry. The pool is set so you can watch the comings and goings from the pier. People and golf carts travel on the path between the hotel and the ocean. It makes for good people watching yet you are far enough away.
Also the ocean is sooo warm that the pool was more refreshing!
We satyed in #6. I picked it because it was on the second floor, it had lots of windows for cross ventilation, and we could sit on the porch without other people walking by (one problem with the other second floor rooms.) I try not to use AC and try to aclimate to the weather. #6 does not have a ceiling fan (I also didn't ask for a floor fan, they may have one?) #6 is also the only Palapa type roof. It doesn't bother me but it is something for people to consider. The last morning we had a bird that must have been sitting on the roof squaking and the type of roof made it seem like the bird was in our room.
One morning we had cinnamon rolls and the next we didn't. One group complained to the mgmt and they said they had a large group of walk ins that they weren't expecting so don't count on the rolls. Our last morning something happened and there was no bartender, no coffee, (until we made more) and no cups.
One of the best features was that they provide free water. A must when you are in these climates! There is a water cooler in the bar for guests.
We took a trip inland for a few days and then came back to the island for several more days. We did not make reservations for our return and when we got back, Seaside was full so we stayed next door at Popeye's.
Belize is not a place where you rave about the food but some of our suggestions...
We had breakfast at Amor Y Cafe alot. We liked the coffe and the fresh bread made by the chef's grandmother. The staff was extremely nice and the prices are unbeatable.
We also enjoyed Rose's for lobster and seafood. The most expensive lobster was 20USD and you got a choice of two sides Some are only 15USD.
SandBox next door was good!
We did a snorkel trip and another day my husband went fising with the shop next to the Sport's Bar. I forget the name but two brothers run the trips. Carlos and Sandoval. Very good snorkel equipment and very knowledgable about the things you see!
The Sport's Bar has great food and you can't miss Trivia night! The winner gets a discount off their bill. Great way to meet people on the island!
Everyone has to visit the Lazy Lizard at the Split!! I even enjoyed the chicken, rice and beans here!
Caye Caulker is a very relaxing island and I would return to Seaside!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mlg70
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I have stayed at Seaside Cabanas a number of times. I find the location ideal, the price right, the staff helpful, the pool a bonus, and the room clean with everything that you need. Will stay again, have recommended it many times, and would recommend again. Also for a fun time, if you there on a Sunday, Wednesday, or Friday, you must go to Trivia night at the Sports Bar, tons of fun, and great prizes!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
MPLS
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We spent four nights here doing nothing as I had sprained my ankle caving on the mainland. Great place to relax. Great pool and location. The property is small and cozy. The Uno Mas bar on site serves great drinks with friendly staff. Loved being able to walk next door to the Sandbox restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner without any shoes on. Rooms are nice and big with cable TV and frig. Good air-conditioning. We caught the ferry getting to Caye Caulker and took the flight back to the mainland. Would definitely recommend the flight. Much easier, quicker and cooler. All in all this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2009

My husband and I just returned from 9 days at Seaside and we loved it. The location can't be beat - right off the water taxi, gate onto the beach and 20 yards from the main street. Yes, the bed frame is formed concrete but given the possibility of floods on a low lying island and the hotel's history of a devastating fire some years ago, they make perfect sense. More importantly, we slept just fine and I am a horrible insomniac. The office folks were extremely helpful with all our myriad requests and bartender is a font of information on Mayan history. I would highly recommend this hotel; we are planning on returning in January.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed in cabana 1 right by the water. The room was nice (our only complaint is that larger windows would have added so much more as the sea is RIGHT there). Its well decorated, colorful, clean and we felt at home. The roof top terrace was so nice to have- we used it to just relax and spend time together and enjoy the view. The pool was always clean and it was refreshing to take a dip. Uno Mas bar has great decor, really delicious drinks and the staff really cool to hang with. Well worth the cost and if we go back we'd stay there again. We had a great meal at Syds based on the managers rec, Rainbow was alright- great view. We had a great time partying at IandI and Oceanside- the people we met from Caulker were so kind and generous. Dinner at Habaneros is must! Chef Roy is really talented .. he cooked snapper that we had caught and it was delicious!! Ellen our waitress really nice and attentive. Great place. If you're interested in fishing look up Eloy. He is an extremely professional fisherman who taught us a great deal! Because of him my husband was able to catch his first bonefish. Very skilled and kind. We cant wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelhoney
Indiana
Reviewed 12 July 2009

After 4 nights in a jungle lodge, we had reservations at costa maya beach cabanas which was overpriced for the fact that there was herds of cockroaches. For a little extra money we switched to seaside cabanas for the remainder of our 4 nights in caye caulker. The rooms are immaculately clean, and the pool feels great. Conveniently located near restaurants and water taxi. The only thing I can say is that I left my crossword puzzle and sandals by the pool for a bit, and never saw them again....not sure where they went. No biggie....I just went barefoot. If we come to Caye Caulker again, we would stay here.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#12 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#21 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!