“Loved it!”
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Seaside Cabanas was a perfect place to stay and relax. The staff are wonderful, the rooms are clean, and the location is great. The pool felt wonderful and the hotel staff were wonderful about helping us with suggestions of where to eat etc.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMac3217

Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed at the Seaside Cabanas for 4 nights in December. The location is fantastic, right by the Water Taxi Terminal to Belize City and San Pedro.
The property itself is clean and picturesque. I stayed in Cabana #2. We had a queen sized bed with 2 windows, a TV with cable and premium movie channels, a small fridge with a bottle of free water. The room comes with an AC and intermittent hot water. Of the many showers I took, I think I only really had 1 warm shower. The water in the sink however was warm to hot. This is my one gripe about the property; otherwise, I would have rated it excellent.
While we were there, there was a cold front (temperatures in the 60's, which is not very common) so we did not need the AC very much. Do, however, anticipate that without the AC, conditions in the room can get a bit humid due to the tropical climate.
Seaside is only 1 of 2 properties with a pool but due to the slightly colder climate, I did not use the pool. As for the rooms, I would not recommend cabanas 3 and 4 as they only have 1 small window, making the rooms very dark.
Otherwise the property was great and I would return. It was close to several great places to eat. We went to Rose's grill a few times, Amory’s, Chan's takeout, a small Mexican eatery on the main strip which had great breakfast and as a treat on the last day we went to Habanero's. There is also a laundry mat not far from the hotel.
One last suggestion, do shop around for your activities. I was very surprised to find out that tour groups will not go out to Hol Chan or other places unless they have a minimum of 4 people. If you have a party of 4, you should be all set.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yojude
Reviewed 21 December 2009

My husband and I rounded off our 8-day Belize trip with a 2 night stay at Seaside Cabanas. We found the whole island and people welcoming and friendly. Based on a previous recommendation, we stayed in Cabana #1, right off the water with a private roof terrace, and we were not disappointed. The room was spacious and tastefully-decorated, and the mini-fridge was excellent to house some well-earned Belikin after an active day.
We hadn't planned anything prior to arriving in Caye Caulker since we weren't sure what we would be up for after a busy week of hiking and diving. We opted for a snorkeling tour, and the staff was so helpful in arranging everything for us.
The pool was so relaxing, and it was nice to not have hotel staff in your face. They were accessible yet not pushy. Overall, my husband and I had a great time and are taking many wonderful memories away with us.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcalabree
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Best hotel on the island and a great price! Hotel is one of two with a pool which is great after a long day in the ocean, rooms and clean and comfortable, satellite tv with hundreds of channels, fridge, free wifi, and GREAT location. It is right next to the water taxi and the bars and restaurants are right around the corner! The hotel is in the heart of it all yet feels secluded from it all as all the rooms face the ocean and the main 'sand road' does not run in front of it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, letting my group print out boarding passes and even holding our bags after check out and letting us use the pool and facilities after check out while we waited for our late afternoon flight. After walking around the whole island I know I stayed at the best hotel and will definitely stay at Seaside on my next trip to Caye Caulker.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle123455
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Located next to water taxi from mainland, so no walking around with suitcase or backpacks looking for your hotel. Outstanding view of beautiful pool and ocean, palm trees, soaring birds, humming birds on flowers inside grounds, and a curious lizard now and then. Rooms tropical feel and decor, and fridg will save fresh juice from street vendors. Seaside is the place to relax. Quiet , yet you can watch the locals pass from your chair under the coconut trees.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancyknoxville
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I have stayed at Seaside Cabanas twice now. Both times the staff is extremely helpful. The setting is serene and the views are outstanding. I highly recommend Seaside Cabanas to anyone visiting Caya Caulker. For extended stays with more privacy and full accommodations check out Seaside Villas. Between the two, you can’t go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My husband and I took a trip to Caye Caulker with the only requirement being that we had to relax! It was the first vacation alone since we were married 8 years and two children ago. We had a wonderful time. The first morning when I went to get coffee, one of the locals started talking to me. It took me a minute to figure out what he said, but it was "slow down, pretty lady, you are walking too fast"! And that set the tone for the entire vacation.
We stayed at the Seaside Cabanas (#2) and I would highly recommend it. The rooms were air conditioned - and you really need a break from the heat. The staff was great, and our rooms were clean. The bartenders were very gracious. As were were there int he off season (9/23 - 10/4), a lot of the businesses were closed, but it was nice and quiet. Rose's is a must - the most amazing seafood fresh every day. Eduardo is an excellent chef, and will tell you all about his cooking. Happy Lobster was great for breakfast, and don't miss the Lazy Lizard at the break of the island - picnic tables in the water, and nice swimming.
The roads are sand, and no gas-powered vehicles except for the police and some of the construction crews. Rent a golf cart at least once - it's fun to get around the island. It's very easy to walk the entire island - between the seafood and the walking, we both lost weight on vacation! Annie's is great shopping, and don't miss the other little shops along the way.

5  Thank annemarie29
#15 of 19 in Caye Caulker
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
#1 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!