“5 amazing days at the best guest house on the island”

and 1 more site!
Tree Tops Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 33 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We arrived in Caye caulker beginning of February 2012 without a reservation.
after spending 3 noisy nights in one of the hostels on the main street , we decided to look for something more comfortable.
We accidentally came across this Hotel , And it was the best thing that happened to us on this trip . Doris , the owner , Is amazing !!! so helpful and so gracious . just seeing her in the morning made us smile .
We stayed 3 nights in a regular room which was amazing . very conformable and clean .
the shared bathroom were very high standard. Various shampoos on the house, boiling hot water 24/7 .
after 3 days we moved to one of the Suites on the upper floor, which was outstanding !
huge room , access to the roof with hammics and view to the ocean .
Internet is cool and you can get wi-fi in your room .
hotel is very quiet !! and hotel crew are so nice .

Room Tip: dont take a room in the central , close to the disco , its laud and not relaxed .
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yonatan T

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed three nights in Doris´s charming hotel back in Jan 2012. The hotel was fully booked when we first inquired, with only the penthouse available. Doris only charged us the price of a standard room as we are on a budget. For the last night we were able to move downstairs to the budget accommodation, which was very nice too and had a shared bathroom. The penthouse was very lovely, spacious and comfortable. On arrival Doris gave us the rundown of where to and not to go in Caye Caulker and was always available for any inquiries. We were able to rent our bikes from her at a cost of $10 Belize per day, which was lower than other places we found.

We would definitiately stay with Doris again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights in the Sunset suite. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the room. The large size of the room was great and the covered balconies came in handy during rain showers.The fridge came in handy for water and beer. The staff was very helpful with maps and recommendations. I would recommend earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the birds can be quite noisy.

Room Tip: The sunset or Sunrise suite is the way to go!
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My partner and I just spent 5 nights at Tree Tops, and had a great time. Doris is very helpful, she gave us a full guide to the island on arrival and was helpful and available for questions/information. We also appreciated the water refill, which allowed us to consume less plastic water bottles and still be healthy. The rooms were spotless (we peeked at all of them) and the location was easy access to everything, although a bit long if going to the Split often. We used the courtyard quite a bit, which was fine in the good weather, but we had a couple of rainy days and not having covered outdoor seating got tough. I looked at the Suites and would book there next time--the rooftop access and covered outdoor seating would be a plus on longer stays. Doris also had bike rental and internet access, at good rates, and we took advantage of both.

Room Tip: Because of the orientation of the house, Room 4 and the Sunset Suite face the neighbors behind, and...
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a trip to Belize where we spent 5 nights at Tree Tops.

We feel in love with the Sunrise Suite which has to be one of the best rooms and values on the island. The room is spacious, comfortable (very comfortable bed in particular), and has some interesting design details which you'll appreciate as you use the room. In addition, you have use of a private balcony and semi-private access to the rooftop which offers 360 views of the islands and shaded hammocks/chairs. We made frequent use of the rooftop and found it to be a valuable amenity.

The Tree Tops guesthouse is well located. It is just off the beaten path of the main street to offer a peaceful and quiet setting, but also close enough to the main street.

Doris is a very helpful service-oriented owner who clearly cares about and takes care of her guesthouse and guests. She will provide you with lots of good island advice.

Worth noting that I found Tree Tops after lots of research, the experience exceeded my expectations, and I cannot think of any cons.

If we return to Caye Caulker, we will definitely be calling Doris to book the Sunrise Suite! I recommend you book it if you have the opportunity to.

Room Tip: I highly recommend one of the Suites (Sunrise (best) or Sunset (second best)) - a great value and de...
1  Thank spinthegl0be
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at Tree Tops for 3 nights in room 1 and found it to meet our needs quite nicely. Room 1 is one of two rooms that share a bathroom at the end of the hall. From the pictures/descriptions it looked to me like we would have access to the roof-top patio, however this is only accessible to pent-house guests. Doris was friendly an accomadating. There was some construction work going on right outside our window during the day which was a bit frustrating but she gave us free use of the air conditioner and sealed the windows with plastic to help. From the descriptions I excpected it to be a long walk into town, but it only took 5 minutes to walk to the busy section.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights during the peaks season and I can tell you that I will definitively be back. The property is beautiful, well maintained, and quiet. There is a nice fountain in a well shaded courtyard and plenty of hammocks and chairs to relax in. The owner Doris is absolutely fantastic. She knows everything about the island and her recommendations on where to go and more importantly where to avoid are invaluable. She is super friendly and accommodating and will go out of her way to make sure you are happy. I doubt you will find this level of hospitality at any other establishment on the island. In addition, I accidentally left my expensive sunglasses in the courtyard and after e-mailing Doris asking if they were still there she promptly found them and sent them back to me in the US without hesitation or asking for anything in return. If that isn't service then I don't know what is.
I stayed on the bottom floor rooms. One night in one with A/C and a private bath and one night in a room with a shared bath. Both were wonderful extremely clean, and comfortable. I'm not quite sure what the last reviewer meant about shampoo not being provided as there was plenty of it in both the room I had with the private bathroom and in the shared bathroom. They were not small little packets or travel sized bottles, rather they are what you would have at home in your shower. Each room also came with its own small, individually wrapped soap bar for washing and liquid soap was also provided by the sink in the bathrooms. The beds were perfect for me (not too hard and not too soft). Even though the hotel was full I never ran into a problem with a wait for the shared bathroom. The rooms all had TV with satellite cable and plenty of channels. There is a bit of a view of the Ocean from the ground floor rooms but only when you are standing and it is partially obscured by a fence. If you want to watch the sunrise from your bed opt for a room on the second floor.
Doris also offers the cheapest bike rentals on the island (at least that I could find) for a mere $5 USD/day you get a comfy beach cruiser with a basket, kickstand, and lock. Trust me, this is the best way to get around the island and will make your time here even more enjoyable as you will see more with less effort.
Don't listen to folks who say this location is too far from the main drag as this is the farthest thing from the truth you can walk from one end of the island to the other in 15 mins tops. Plus why would you want to stay next to noisy, smoky bars in the "heart of the island" when you can be 5 minutes away but still have peace and quiet?
Bottom line, this place is the best value on Caye Caulker. Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo