“Perfect guesthouse in perfect location”

and 1 more site!
Tree Tops Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Perfect guesthouse in perfect location”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I write this from the computer in the office that is available to guests. Sadly leaving today after 5 nights at Tree Tops. Doris is a wonderful and generous hostess. It's like a European guest house on a quiet Belizan beach. This is one of those places that I want to keep quiet and tell only the travellers (not tourists!) that I meet who I know will enjoy it. Lest it become too popular and change. I stayed at several places in 2 weeks, all were wonderful, but Tree Tops is now my home away from home on Caye Caulker. The rooftop terrace is the coolest place on the island to sit any time of day. You can see both east and west sides of the Island from there. Doris is kindly let me hang out there after check-out time while I wait for my plane to BC. Travellers have to eat at the Little Kitchen a few blocks away - absolutely amazing every night for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Both the upstairs suites are wonderful. Each laid out differently. Hard to say which one is best...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My mother, aunt, and I took a week long trip to Belize, spending half the time on Caye Caulker and half the week inland. Due to some great online reviews, I choose Tree Tops, and did not regret it at all! The room was beautiful, neat, clean, with free towels daily, and a great orientation by Doris. We enjoyed the activities and food choosen per Doris's recommendations. Rates were excellant for the services we received. Would recommend Tree Tops highly!

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Thanks again to Doris and her staff for a one of the most relaxing stays ever.
This was my fouth stay with Doris on the "Go Slow" island, I never get tired of the Island and have yet to visit all the eateries. As usual We brought new guests and first timers to Belize with us.
They stayed in one of the lower units which I nave never seen before, I was pleasantly surprised to find they were as spotless and well appointed as our suite ! The Maids were gracious and thorough, and Doris is one of favorite Caye Caulker characters,
Also to sneak in some of our highlights, Carlos and his snorkel tours, A memorable adventure always.
Wish Willy, BEST jerk chicken ever !
Thanks to all the "Characters" that make the Island unique ')

Room Tip: I have stayed in the Suites on all my visits, and my favorite is the Sunrise Suite, perfect to rea...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This was my 4th visit to Caye Caulker and my 4th stay at Tree Tops Belize with darling Doris and her "security guards" (4 Jack Russells). Over the years I have seen Caye Caulker become more popular and the demand has been met with lots more places to shop, eat, drink, and sleep. Though there are more options, I wouldn't trade Tree Tops for nothing!!! Hands down, it is the cleanest place to stay on the entire island and that guarantees for a good night sleep. Doris is a walking talking world of info with regards to who, what, where, and when on the island. She knows her recommendations very well. The suites include access to the rooftop that has 360 degree view of the whole island and chaise lounges and sling chairs to relax on while enjoying the view. There are also bikes for rent in case you want to explore the less inhabited side of the island. The bikes make it easier to get around, though two good feet do the job well also. I look forward to my 5th trip to Caye Caulker whenever it may be and I know for sure that I'll be staying at Tree Tops again, without a doubt. Also, if you plan on doing any snorkeling at the reef, I highly recommend going with Juni. He's a human fish and he can communicate with them like nothing you've ever seen.

Room Tip: The suites include all kinds of goodies that are more than worth the price (ie: access to rooftop wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We went to Doris based on a recommendation from another place, where we previously had a cabin... We loved it. We loved Doris.

Beautiful garden, clean rooms, and she let us throw in an extra bed, so we could sleep 3. We were in one of the penthouses. Nice room. Wonderful rooftop patio.

Doris was a great help, and wonderful to talk to...we only had a couple chances. Her dogs were fun, and well behaved. She gave us bikes to use during our stay.

Can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
McLean, VA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Tree Tops is unique and you need to understand its features to enjoy it. As with any topnotch beach lodge, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and beautifully appointed with local artwork. Adjacent to the lodge, Doris has designed a beautiful white sand yard with flowers, water fountain, hammocks, and beach chairs for lounging in the sun or shade. She also has bicycles and beach towels for use as needed. Take a walk by the local church and school in the morning and enjoy the kids in uniforms going to school. Walk a few steps to the beach, take a right, and walk along the shore to the unpopulated part of island and enjoy the iguanas, birds, and mangroves. We stayed in the Sunrise Suite, which we recommend. It's a wonderfully private room with a balcony that makes you feel as if you are residing in a Villa. No one walks by your room and tall palms that shield you from the view of nearby buildings. The sun rises through those palms in the morning with a symphony of sea, wind, palms, and birds. The room is air conditioned, but we never used anything but the ceiling fan. The Sunrise Suite is huge with a king bed, sitting area, bathroom, refrigerator, wine glasses, cabinets, desk, and tile all around for laying out your dive or snorkeling gear or just enjoying your privacy.

Room Tip: Doris will fill your water bottles for $.50 Belize.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorkton, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Well, the stay at Tree tops was not what we thought it was going to be. First of all when i asked for wi-fi she said its not free but i will give it to you, while others got free wi-fi. Also the wi-fi is turned off at 7:00pm. I also didn't like the fact that we paid enough for a room and we didn't get accomidations like water, coffee or a simple bike. We didn't have any problem with the room. It was a quaint little room with offers of a safe box for passports etc.. and a nice little sink with no hot water. Another thing that could have been fixed is the two door handles, one in the bathroom that was fixed by just putting a slide lock in, and the other handle was located at the front door of the downstairs room. Although the dogs kept us up most of the night we enjoyed how friendly they were. My mothers friend own a B&B and has free wi-fi and water.

Room Tip: If you were to stay here (not reccomended) don't stay downstairs, take the suite upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jared R
TTGH_DOC, Owner at Tree Tops Guesthouse, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
On Tree Tops Guesthouse website it lists everything you will get when booking a room. Some of the higher priced rooms have the extra Wi-Fi a balcony & a rooftop included.
Our WIFI is on 24 hours. Our office closes at 7.00PM; however this does not affect the Wi-Fi service. At time of booking you are also advised that we do provide a coffee maker on request. To my knowledge there was no request for this service made.
As to the lock in the bathroom: After having had the very disturbing incident where we had to break the door of the bathroom open in the middle of the night to help a "guest" out of the bathroom we made the decision to just add a slide lock. This is far easier to force open in case of an other emergency. As to dogs barking: It would have been nice and clearer also to mention that the barking you heard was not from our dogs. Yes we did have a 1 night very bad barking spell from next doors neighbour's yard. I did apologised to every guest I saw the next morning and made sure that this would not reoccur. None of the complaints were made to us in person, we might have been able to rectify or explain your queries.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caye Caulker
#10 of 19 in Caye Caulker
Caribbean Villas Hotel
Caribbean Villas Hotel
#21 of 54 in San Pedro

Been to Tree Tops Guesthouse? Share your experiences!