“Great day, but equipment needs an upgrade!”
Review of Star Tours

Star Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Star Tours offers Daily Snorkel Tours to sites like Hol-Chan Marine Reserve, the Manatee Reserve, and Shark Ray Alley. We also offer Tours for Cruise Passenger.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We really enjoyed our tour out with Star Tours. The guide was excellent once he came out of his shell so to speak, and we loved snorkelling and seeing the manatees. Our guide had great hawk eyes, and we even saw a dolphin! He was a bit shy at first, but really fun to spend the day with out on the water. My only complaint is not really a complaint, their equipment really needs an upgrade. The boat was pretty small and although very clean, looking like it needs a facelift to something a bit newer. For the prices we paid, hopefully it's something that they will be doing in the near future.

The manatee tour and snorkelling was lots of fun. The lunch was good, but quite small for a day full of activity. I think that they're pretty good with customer service in our experience, and really my only complaint is that the boat probably needs to retire soon. We saw lots and felt like we were safe and with an excellent local guide.

1  Thank NorthK1954

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Super recommended the full day tour; in my case services were subcontracted, we stayed with Salvador and Javier, fantastic guys!!!, super recommended too!!!
Good value for money!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Got there for the day trip and we were to late, 5 minutes. (He did not want to go out with only 2 people) Did a half day and it was ok. But we paid for the next day full day and it rained, it took two days to get a refund. Nothing but problems and lies by the owner.

1  Thank RodMaria
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had some problems communicating with the company initially (with Ramon..) and finally set up a time and date. Unfortunately, we knew it advance that we would be arriving late in port, and let Ramon know that. We were the only cruise ship in port that day so it didn't really make a difference. He told us to come by a certain time, which we did, but then the tour had "already left" when we arrived.

Thankfully, the other exployees were very helpful and accommodating. They instead took us on our own charter boat to do the tour on our own time and our own desires, and even charged us a little less, even though in my opinion it was a much better tour than we originally would have had.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I did a lot of research on snorkle tours in Belize and found Star Tours recommended on CruiseCritic.com. I really wanted to go to Shark-Ray Alley and found out that most of the other tours I was looking at couldn't accomodate passengers from cruise ships. Star Tours had snorkle trips specifically for cruisers, so I liked that. I emailed them about availability and they responded very quickly. I went ahead and paid my deposit online and was a little scared because there didn't seem to be a place for what date we would be there when I used paypal, but I received a confirmation reply and directions very quickly. The morning of, I was really stressed because apparently our cruise ship started giving out tender tickets before their posted time of 7am (we were there at 7:02 and got boat 8... go early!) and the instructions said to get the 9:00am water taxi to Caye Caulker. We missed it and we had to take the next at 10:30. I was so afraid our whole day was ruined but as soon as we got off the water taxi one of their employees called me by name and escorted us to the office. We got gear and immediately jumped in the boat. We went to three different places and got to do everything we originally planned, even though the late arrival was our fault. We still had a little time left over to grab a bite to eat and shop in Caye Caulker before taking the water taxi back. Getting to swim with the sharks and rays was definitely one of the highlights of our trip and the rest of the snorkling was beautiful and we had a great time.

2  Thank Ashlee C