You'll hear about Louise - she is very helpful and friendly and adds to the experience.
The rooms are really nice (given that this is Belize) - better than they look in photos - with plenty of outside space. The garden's very large and open, and looks pretty at night lit up by fairy lights.
There's the free bikes (v. good) and snorkel equipment, and it is a lovely place to relax.
A couple of notes:
- it's not the cheapest place to stay on Caye Caulker, but you could pay a lot more
- it's in the village - this is not a "resort" experience - you will get a mild flavour of Belizean life going on around you.
I'd highly recommend staying here though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maxhapan Cabanas - Island Cabanas set in a tropical garden ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maxhapan Cabanas Caye Caulker
- Maxhapan Cabanas Hotel Caye Caulker