“Oasis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maxhapan Cabanas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
Maxhapan Cabanas
“Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Thanks Trip Advisor! True to its rave reviews, Maxhapan was just what I needed. I stayed in #5 which is on the 2 nd floor. The place was so clean and comfortable. The free bike rentals made it so easy to get to any part of town. I actually liked being away from the main front street so I could get some peace and quiet!
The dogs and birds will likely wake you anywhere on the island by 6 am but it wasnt a big deal since I had to get to early dives anyway.
Louise and her husband are just such beautiful people and they pay such great attention to every detail of their property from the pretty conch shells lining the pathways to the handy bottle opener key chain.
It is obviously not a swanky resort but such a great value for your money.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank karatncelery

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

How can you beat a wonderful place to stay on such a nice island. Plus the price made this an especially wonderful value. However, what makes this a steal is the love that Louise puts into the 3 cabanas. They are spotlessly cleaned with just the right amount of stuff inside, like the microwave, refrig, wireless(outside) to make your stay perfect. I used her library as I had not brought many books and found a good selection.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at Maxhapan in early March and loved it. Louise was great. She gave us lots of advice about where to go and what to do around the island. She was friendly and there if we needed her but not at all intrusive. The cabana was so clean and comfortable. They all have balconies with hammocks which was great for just lounging around. The location was quiet which we liked but still very close to everything. Louise gave us bikes which we used to get around most of the time. I would definitely book here again. It was a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

As I'm sure you've gathered from other reviews, this is a wonderful place to stay. Everything is very clean (Louise does an amazing job) and the beds are comfortable. You have a fridge and if you need anything like plates/utensils/whatever Louise is happy to help. This is the only place on our two week trip through Belize and Guatemala that actually had hot water (despite other's claims) - blissful! The internet is a bit spotty, so you will need to go outside of your room to get on the internet: be sure to put on some bug spray before doing so though, the sand fleas can be pretty bad. Maxhapan is located at the end of the island, away from things, but Caye Caulker is so small that it really isn't any hassle at all. I do recommend taking a taxi down to Maxhapan if you are arriving with relatively heavy bags - the walk likely wouldn't be a pleasant one in the heat with luggage. Otherwise, you can use the bikes that are provided and cruise around the island easily.Oh, and hammocks and AC, and did I mention the cabanas are SO CLEAN?! I can't think of ANY reason why you wouldn't absolutely love your stay at Maxhapan. We missed Louise as soon as we left!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Ladyville, Belize, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

My friend and I stayed in one of the cabanas on Wednesday 2/20th and we had an awesome time. I picked this place because of the comments I read on this website. The room looked brand new and it was immaculate. All the linens, pillows, towels were lily white, smelled fresh and for a person that is extremely picky about where I sleep, it was like home away from home. Louise was wonderful....friendly and very accommodating. I would recommend this place to all my family and friends without any hesitation. It is located in a very nice and quite neighborhood. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: All the room are great. They all seem to have the same size
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

We just got back from Lousie's Maxapan Cabanas and wanted to put in our two cents. The lodgings were perfect, you will love your stay. At first I was a little bummed not to be on the front street, but once we arrived I was so happy we were located off the main drag. We were just close enough to be able to walk and being two women, we felt safe and well looked after by Louise. Plus once we got on the bikes that are available we had a blast riding thru town. We loved the inside of the rooms, and the grounds, clean as any 5 star hotel. Book here if you can!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MsSalazar
Sunnyvale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

My husband and I just returned from a very relaxing stay on Caye Caulker. We were there 11 nights which was the perfect amount of time to unwind. The Maxhapan cabanas were lovely, quiet and clean and definitely a nice location for relaxing with a book in a hammock. Louise and her husband were very welcoming and added to the enjoyment of our visit. We used the free bikes every day and cruised around the island several times. We would definitely return again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple