Maxhapan Cabanas
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$158
US$131
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$89
Very Good 4/5
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$58
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$109
HotelQuickly
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Condos(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
Barefoot Beach Belize(Caye Caulker)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsher husbandfree bikesnice sandan amazing hostthree roomshot waterlovely ownersconch shellstake great pridemain draggood nights sleepbike rentalscomfortable bedsgreat careperfect stayfresh towelsvia email
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2008

My husband and I love Maxhapan so much that we are going back this winter. The owner was amazing, the grounds are well kept, the rooms are clean and large, and you get free water and bicycle usage. This is such a great deal!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Maxhapan was exactly the right place for my stay in Caye Caulker. Louise was so wonderful - she gave me great advice and directions and is just a wonderful person. I was traveling on my own, so I really appreciated all her suggestions. She is so warm and friendly - she makes you instantly feel welcome.

The room was absolutely spotless and kept so the entire time I was there as were the lovely grounds. Louise also provided drinking water and use of a bicycle which definitely came in handy during my exploration of the island. Snorkeling equipment was also available for use, but I had brought my own. It was also nice to have a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room.

I was pleased to be staying a bit off the main drag as it was very quiet at night while still being convenient to everything.

I loved having a little veranda to myself and put the hammock to good use with a daily nap!

It was an excellent value and when I return to Caye Caulker (hopefully soon!), I will definitely stay with Louise again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2008

Just the perfect place to stay in Caye Culker - tucked away from the main drag so nice and quiet, but only minutes from the sea, restaurants and tours.

Louise was the perfect hostess - we had bikes and snorkel gear at our disposal, fresh water and clean towels everyday and her local knowledge and advice was invaluable!

We were even invited to her own party and enjoyed a night with ehr and her warm and funny friends!

We loved it - spotlessly clean, welcoming, impecably decorated with a hammock to while away the hours.

Book in - you won't regret it!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2008

My adult daughter and I took a trip to Belize. We immediately felt safe, contented and thrilled to be hosted in this quaint place. It is just far enough away from the hub-bub of the main strip that you can enjoy some privacy. Bikes were included for our use and we biked all over the island (only 2 miles long!) everyday. There is also a dock for Louise's guest to use. The tall grass has been cleared for easy swimming. If you're as pale as we were, I'd recommend the 1/2 day snorkeling tour and not the full day. We used #45 sunscreen and still burned. Louse had all kinds of helpful hints for us. If you sit on the 2nd level of the outdoor cabana at night you get a wonderful ocean breeze by being up high. Enjoy-it's just un-Belizable how much fun you'll have :-). The back side of the island is a good place to watch the sunsets.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank AmeilaDearheart
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Initially my wife and I were only going to stay in Caye Caulker for a few days but once we'd met Louise and checked-in to Maxhapan (a Mayan word for breadfruit) we decided to spend our entire vacation there.

Maxhapan is, with out doubt, the best place to stay in Caye Caulker. With only three cabanas Louise is able to take care of her guests on such a personal level. We immediately felt like we were welcome on this fantastic little island. "Go slow!" is the saying on Caye Caulker and we felt like someone slammed the brakes on the pace of our lives and we loved it.

The village of Caye Caulker is not very large and Maxhapan is on the southern edge of town; it was quiet and removed from the more concentrated tourist area but a "go slow!" five minute bike ride gets you everywhere you could want to go.

My recommendation: Grab a bottle of 1 Barrel (rum) and some coke at the market. Stop by the bakery for some sweet rolls and the fruit stand for the best oranges on the planet. Park yourself in a hammock at Maxhapan and melt into bliss.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple