“Delicious Middle Eastern Cuisine in casual beach setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aladdin's Cuisine - CLOSED

Aladdin's Cuisine
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Belizean food
Netherlands
“Delicious Middle Eastern Cuisine in casual beach setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food at Aladdin's is absolutely delicious, prepared and cooked fresh everyday. We went almost everyday for 2 weeks it was that good. The flavours are incredible - and it is lovely to eat something apart from seafood and rice and beans! The kabobs, pita wraps, hummus, baba ganoosh, fresh juices - everything is outstanding. Located next to the Split - they do not have an alcohol licence but you can buy a beer from the place next door to have with your food. And Dennis is lovely to chat to as well. Definitely eat here!!!

Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
oklahoma
“One of my new favorites.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We get to Caye Caulker probably 4 times a year. Exploring the restaurants has become our nighttime activity. We were really surprised when we stopped into Aladdin's. Everything on the menu was great. I didn't think you could get a filet on the island, but Dennis and his wife did a great job. I can make a meal out of the Hummus and flat bread. Aladdin's has become a "must stop" destination on the island.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank markw5608
Halifax, Canada
“Great change of pace!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was great to have something different and lighter on Caye Caulker, I ate here twice and loved the food (and mango juice) both times!!

The owner is friendly, however both times I went there he was lamenting how the place was going under because it was too expensive for backpackers who wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks for a meal, but in the same breath kept saying it was a budget operation. He asked everyone who stopped to review it on trip adviser, because they weren't making any money. Nice man, however not exactly the atmosphere I wanted to go along with my meal.

I do recommend the food, though, and that is what counts!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank K D
Dennis1951, Owner at Aladdin's Cuisine, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Glad you enjoyed the food, and sorry about the "lament"!
We do run a "budget" operation because with 64 restaurants on this island we operate at 10% profit to compete.
I have heard countless times about the benefit of all the "split" traffic, sorry it was you I finally bothered to tell the truth.
My landlord put no liquor license in the agreement.
Places like the one in question with licenses can literally give food away as their profit money is all in alcohol sales.
In short, none of them come here, they come to drink.
Thank you for the good review in spite of my rant!
Burnaby, Canada
“Great and fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved this place! Juices were amazing! Prices were very good for the quality and taste of food. Too bad we couldn't order the Tabouli because of the parsley shortage on the island.

Visited February 2014
Caye Caulker, Belize
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband Tom and I ate here, following a recommendation from a local business owner on San Pedro.

Although the seafood on Caye Caulker has been amazing, it was a nice change of pace to get some Lebanese food. We had the hummus, chicken fajitas, and chicken skewers and it was all awesome! :)

• Visited July 2014