OASI
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$147
US$131
  • Pool
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$80
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Beachfront
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
US$98
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsil barettofree bikesbruschettathe ownerapartment was spacioushome away from homeminute bike ridewater coolervisiting caye caulkerhighly recommend staying hereplace to stayquiet endthe main dragstayed here for nightsquiet locationour honeymooncouple of nights
Reviewed 24 April 2008

My son and I visited Caye Caulker at the beginning of February, and I can‘t stop thinking about what a great time we had, not least because of our delightful studio apartment at Oasi. The island was everything I’d expected - hot, breezy, friendly, with white sands, turquoise seas and waving palms. We loved everything about it, from swimming at the Split, to the bustling village, and to the mangrove swamps at the south end of the island, where Oasi is situated, which were rich with birds and wild life. Mornings I spent watching sunrise from one of the docks and, in the evening, I sat out in my hammock, looking up at the stars.

Oasi was a real home for the week. The garden was full of almond trees, palms, hibiscus flowers, hummingbirds, and a water-feature which, even in the heat of the day, helped to keep us feeling cool. Our apartment was clean, airy, fresh and comfortable, and met all our needs, whether they be for drinking water, cooking facilities, fridge, TV, a sofa to lounge on, a well-equipped shower room or a good bed. In the heat of the day, it was a welcome refuge with its fan and air-conditioning and our evenings, out on the veranda rocking in the apartment’s hammocks, were as laid-back as it gets.

I didn’t go to Caye Caulker to dive or snorkel, just to read and rest. As energetic as I ever got was to cycle all over the island on the bike that came with the apartment. Making friends with our hosts, Luciana and Michael, was one of the pleasures of the week. We couldn’t have been made more welcome, and that speaks for the island as a whole.

Other recommendations should go to Dorothy's early morning bird-walk. It was one of the highlights of the week. Also to Driftwood, a restaurant/resort on the north side of Cauker, which was an elegant combination of white sand, sunset views, high-level eating overlooking beautiful, darkening mangroves and wonderful food. This was where we spent our last evening, water-taxied back to the south side of the island at one in the morning, having eaten and drank to our fill and enjoyed good company. The sea was warm, the moon was out - a perfect memory to take away with us next day, and a night by which to remember all that’s best about Caye Caulker.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 22 April 2008

What a fantastic place! My husband and I just returned from an 8-day stay at OASI and it rates as one of the best guesthouses I've ever stayed at. I would describe it as clean and fresh.

If you want a super comfortable place that's quiet and comes with friendly, helpful advice from your host, then it's the place for you. The daily stocking of drinking water, crisp, clean towels, flowers from the garden and a bike for each guest is a big plus.

The hosts Luciana and Michael keep the apartments and grounds so clean and tidy - it's a joy to get home after a day in the hot sun. Everything is newly renovated and the air con is awesome!

Luciana has a big, generous heart and will offer to help in many ways. Can;t say enough about OASI!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My boyfriend and I just returned from Caye Caulker where we stayed 7 nights at OASI with Luciana & Michael and we absolutely loved it!!! The owners are great, caring people who made us feel welcomed and treated us like a family. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed and more (even free drinking water). The bikes were available at no charge and we found them to be very useful (we did lock them up every time so they don't get stolen). Finally, having an air conditioner in the room is a key to enjoying hot & humid Caye Caulker any time of the year (and many hotels on the island do not have AC). In general, OASI was not only a great value for the money (you get a great deal if you stay at least 7 nights), but also we feel is the best place to stay on Caye Caulker! We had to move to a different hotel for the remaining 2 nights of our vacation due to availability and their deluxe room was 3x more expensive and didn't even have TV or basic kitchen accessories, so we really missed OASI... Thank You Luciana for taking such a great care of us!!!
-Elena & Michael

P.S. Check out CocoPlum for breakfast (across the street from OASI; gorgeous yard and tasty food) and dont' miss out on Don Corleone's seafood salad (we're still craving it).

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2008

My husband and I just retuned home after a fabulous 7 night stay at OASI guest house. Michael and Luciana are wonderful hosts! They are both full of information about places to eat, tours to take and the area in general. The guest house is not in the main “town” area so it is a very quiet spot but it is not so far removed that a 5 minute bicycle ride or 10-15 minute walk gets you to the middle of Caye Caulker. They provide bicycles with each rental apartment and the room has a more than ample supply of bottled water. The kitchen is very nicely stocked so if desired, it is possible to shop at the local markets and make some of your own meals. Luciana provides fresh towels everyday as well as fresh flowers from their beautiful gardens that Michael so lovingly tends to. If you go out on an excursion or venture around Caye Caulker… when you return, things have been freshened up. The showers were refreshing, with plenty of hot water available and none of the odor that the town area seemed to have. We have stayed at several similar type lodgings and the high standards that Luciana and Michael set and maintain place OASI in a category above the rest! We couldn’t have imagined such nice accommodations and we will definitely being staying at OASI again in the future!
Sandy and Neil

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2008

My finacee and I spent nine night here in November with nine days of pure sunshine. Oasi is the most beautiful place on Caye Caulker. I can't say enough about the hospitality, advice, kindness, and general good spirit showed to us by Luciana and Michael. The rooms were fantastic, very comfortable, and quiet. Luciana does a great job of keeping the rooms clean and fresh. The snorkelling was a awesome way to cap off the trip. We spent many days having cinnamon buns from glenda's up the street, swimming at the split, and nights playing trivia at Sports Bar (Hello Armano). We stayed for nine days and never felt like we had any place better to be. The hosts are very willing to help with advice and directions to the finer points of the island. The bikes are the best way to get around and to go grocery shopping. Even now as I write this I get sad that I am not there. I hope to return as soon as possible for some more R and R. Beautiful Island, beautiful room, and fantastically wonderful hosts, What else could you ask for. Oh Yeah, A flat of Belikin ( the local beer). Stop looking and book this now. You will not regret it. Thanks Luciana and Michael for evrything, We think about you often.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple