“excellent choice in caye caulker”
Review of OASI

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caye Caulker
OASI
Ranked #4 of 32 Caye Caulker B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This trip was a blast. I visited the island with one other female friend, on our first trip alone. We were a little concerned for our safety as first time travelers but the island was completely safe and Oasi was a great choice. I stayed here for the beginning of my trip and my expectations were set hi. Great AC, great service, beautiful/large rooms and a very safe location. Whatever you do, however, do no bring visitors. The tenant will get very upset.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Luciana is simply an awesome hostess. She was so informative, helpful and attentive. She arranged for a driver to pick us up at the water taxi and drove us to the airstrip when we departed. Our room is one of the best accommodations we had during our trip to Belize. There is a fully functional kitchen, with spices, pots/pans, a functional refrigerator, oven, bowls and plates, and utensils, coffee maker with coffee, tea, sugar. The bathroom is spotless and I was just amazed at how clean the place is kept, especially with all the sand and gravel one drags in at the end of the day. The A/C is functional and keeps the room cool. Luciana also provides you with complimentary bikes with bike locks. Oasi is a 5 minute bike ride to the busier parts of town, which is great, as its relatively quiet at night when you're trying to get rest. I definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Caye Caulker and would stay here again if I ever returned. Thanks again Luciana!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olliej77
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a great choice for a single traveller. Luciana knows whom to recommend and treats you like you are a special guest. The room was cleaned beyond expectation. Fan and AC if you need it, along with cable tv, full kitchen (I cooked dinner nearly every night.) Everything you could need to cook with was right there. Fresh towels, dish soap, sponge, sheets changed mid-week, a clothes line with pins, locally made soap and shampoo, beach towels, bikes to ride to town and a wonderful hammock for sleeping. Quiet and away from town, not for people who want the night life. It is for people who want to snorkel, relax, have a meal and come back. The bike makes it possible and being away from town gave me a sense of security and comfort. Nothing was too much to ask for Luciana to answer, and her family (including her parents and pets) were all sweet too. I highly recommend OASI as a safe, comfortable place. She sends a driver to pick you up at the airport (25 USD) and then a golf car to meet you at the ferry (2.50 USD). You could walk, but it would take about 15 minutes and towing luggage - why? Nothing was lacking, it was spectacular and I am already booking again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank missiona
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

What a place!!! Much prefer to be staying in this nice quiet part of the island than on the sea front. Luciana is the most welcoming of hosts - nothing was too much trouble. I really recommend here - the rooms are excellent, spacious and cleaned well every day. Don t worry about being slightly out of town!! - bikes are provided to get you in within a few minutes. Best accomodation I ve stayed in for a long time - luciana's hospitality was second to none. When I go back to caye caulker I ll be staying as oasi .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Known all over the island, Luciana is extremely helpful she made sure we could arrange ore and post travel arrangements. She even organized our transfer from chetumal to cancun.
The place is very quite (font be afraid of the strip next door). We had the new unit 4 very perfect for 3 or 4. AC and fan, kitchen. But this is not a B&B I like to get a breakfast before having to walk or bike.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I agree with so many others who have reviewed OASI on TA. The highlight is, of course, Luciana. She helped us out tremendously - before and during our stay. She arranged taxi service from the airport to the water taxi and then had a Caye Caulker taxi (golf cart) waiting for us upon our arrival. Luciana knows everyone and they all know her, so she can set you up with tours, recommend a restaurant, and etc. Additionally, she is as friendly as anyone I have ever met. She's the best! This is not to slight Michael - he was so busy during our week there that we only formally met him the night before we left.

The property is beautiful. The apartment was always clean and ready for us at the end of our days - always freshly cut flowers from the garden on the table. That was a really nice touch. The kitchen has most to all of the things you'd want to cook - if you can afford the prices in the island's grocery stores. It was no big deal. OASI is very quiet because it's not right in town (6-8 minute walk away) or on the beach. That was nice, but we missed some of the sweet ocean breezes because of it - again, no big deal.

If we return to Caye Caulker, we're back with Luciana & Michael.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jprochnow
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed at one other hotel on Caye Caulker prior to our time at Oasi, but it does not even compare to the experience we had at Oasi. The owner was very conversational and gave us great advice about where to eat and snorkel. The rooms themselves must be some of the best on the island. They are all very nice, with up-to-date bathrooms, beautifully decorated living spaces, and a full kitchen (complete with a coffee maker, stove, fridge, and dish washer!). Although the hotel is a bit removed from the main area, it was extremely relaxing. Bikes were provided to us at no cost during our stay, which we used daily. The ride was short, no more than 10 minutes, and was a great way to experience the island. We were also right next to the airport, which made our departure very convenient. Surprisingly, I did not hear an airplane once so it should be a non-issue when considering Oasi. All in all, a perfect way to end our vacation. My boyfriend and I will definitely be back to this oasis!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple