“Wonderful ocean front accommodations on a cute little island!”

Popeyes Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at Popeye's Beach Resort for approximately 9 days in late Jan/early Feb 2014....at the recommendation of friends who travel alot and have stayed here every year for the past 10 years. I arrived alone, 2 days before my friends, and the wonderful staff at Popeye's was on the lookout for me and made me instantly comfortable and content in my ocean front room on the second floor. The owners are wonderful and Gilbert, the manager, is a charming, helpful and friendly young man who will do anything to make your stay pleasant. The view from my balcony was exceptional. The room comfortably furnished with good A/C and wireless connectivity. I absolutely loved my stay at Popeyes and will be returning next Feb for another week of bliss.

Room Tip: The resorts best rooms are the ocean front rooms. There are 2 on ground level, 2 on the second floo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Deborah R

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We came across this place and we were hoping to stay for the week. From the beach side it doesn't look rough and for $ you think you are getting a good deal...
However, our room was a cabin in the back which was one room with a toilet, shower, bed, and small tv. No drinkable water at this place (you have to bring in your own) the plumbing is also older so there are toilet issues.
No night stand, no fridge, no place to hang clothes. We had no idea about the water until after a few hours and we went to find some may be in the office. Office was closed and another guest told us no water. Our towels were hung up filthy...not even fresh.
Gilbert the manager was kind. He did allow us to have our refund for the other 4nights we paid for and after some back and forth with him he didn't charge me the weird fees that he said they had if you cancel. I didn't make a reservation and I was never given anything on their strange policies.
All in all. If you are looking for a concrete square with an uncomfortable bed...this is it.
But i recommend walking south a little more and paying a couple bucks more for either The Anchorage or Colindas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monaw81
PopeyesBeach, Manager at Popeyes Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

This guest was given her full refund for 4 nights and unfortunately,
we still could not make her happy.
She walked in to the hotel looking for the cheapest room available .She examined the room well before agreeing to pay for it. The bed in her room was a brand new Serta Hilton hotel quality bed. For a few extra bucks, we could have easily upgraded her to one of our other 21 rooms with all amenities like flat screen TV and refrigerator. Our hotel staff live on site,right next to the office and is available after office hours anytime of the night. We do strive to make all our guests comfortable and enjoy their vacation .

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Popeyes was a really nice value! The room was clean, with AC. Its not exactly a luxury resort, but the value was really great. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the location is really good- right on the water, a very quick walk to the restaurants and night life of caye caulker. The mattress on the bed was a little uncomfortable, but other than that, we were really happy at Popeyes!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlene R
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The pillow n bed were pefect for me. The room is spacious for two persons and its very safe. The owners r extremely friendly and kind. The manager is very out spoken and energetic. I enjoyed staying at this place. I tottally recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Danny H
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we stayed with our 11 month old baby and the owner made a really good price because we couldn´t afford to pay more. moreover our baby had the possibility to use some toys of the owner´s child and his stroller. they were very nice and the room was very clean. the beachfront of this hotel is beautiful and you can just go into the water right away (also with the little one). the dock is awesome to hang out and the bar in front has some nice offers. we would DEFINITELY stay there again. and we will :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank felicitasNuremberg
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a ground floor, 3 bed, unit. My wife, myself, and three kids ages 5, 4 and 8 months.

This place was great. It's close to everything and affordable compared to some of the other hotels. The rooms have AC if you need it. The service was great, especially with kids.

The staff came up with bikes for my two sons and some sand toys. They have a resident parrot which is also cool. This island isn't designed for sticking around the hotel so a pool wasn't necessary for us. They do have a hot tub but we didn't use it.

Overall, we'd stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank FoodguyMike
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Although I did not stay at Popeye's, I did stop in and speak with the gentleman that ran the travel service at the resort. He was incredibly friendly and helpful. If he is any indication of the type of service offered by the resort, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple