“this was the best week ever”
Review of Long Caye Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glovers Reef Atoll
Long Caye Resort
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Platte
“this was the best week ever”
Reviewed 6 February 2009

"I don't think words could express the impression that the people and island left on our lives...It was wonderful..... When I first signed up I had to wonder what I was getting for the money if there were no maids, food servers, laundry or shopping....What we found was the most wonderful memory that one could ever have. Most people will only see these spectacular views on TV. We did live the dream! Our favorite part about the trip was the wonderful people that made us feel welcome and to just enjoy ourselves. Do I need to mention the food, wind surfing, kayaking, the walks around the island, the crabs, lizards, birds, and the wonderful view of the sunrise that got us up each morning? We plan to make another trip with the other kids so they can enjoy and experience what joys life has without all the gadgets that keep us entertained, just the outdoors and the wonderful natural way of life."

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2009

Shawn and I have been considering the Adventure Week on Long Caye with Slickrock Inc. since we asked for their pamphlet 8 years ago. We weren't sure if an all inclusive was for us and if we wanted to pay nearly $2,000.00. We got our open water scuba certification a year ago and finally decided to take the plunge into the ocean and into our savings accounts! THE TRIP EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! We loved the island, the other guests, the staff, the sports, the dive shop and their staff, the reef, the food, EVERYTHING. Even when the weather wasn't perfect we stayed happy and busy. Victor and Neri were our outstanding guides who provided superb instruction and made us feel safe trying every new sport.

Our advice is GO, you can't go wrong. There aren't too many places where you can escape phones, television, and the computer. We felt so relaxed and still do from our trip that ended almost a month ago. We are exchanging pictures and e-mails with all of our new friends (Monique, Mijndert, Miep, Chris, Alyssa, Tommy, and Steve). WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN.

Abbotsford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 January 2009

We just returned from the best travel experience we have ever had as a family. We spent two weeks with Slickrock Adventures/Long Caye Resort at Glover's Reef. The first week, (Adventure Week) was spent with the world's greatest guide, Neri Chi. He took us to the ATM cave, led us through four caves on kayaks, kayaked the Mopan and toured Zunantunich. Then we were off for 10 days (the second half of our trip being "Adventure Island") on Long Caye at Glover's Reef. Everything from the place to the people to the food to the toys was perfect. The island is everything you would ever dream of. This is a luxury camp, not a hotel though so if you need thick mattresses, maid service and fluffy pillows then look elsewhere but in my opinion you'd be missing out on the best experience of your life. After 10 days on the island we were able to windsurf, surf kayak, got PADI certified for diving, snorkeled, learned stand-up paddleboard, sea kayaked, and could roll a river kayak. The staff were so much fun. By the time we left all of us were essentially reduced to the equivalent of 12 year olds run amok at summer camp. If you are looking for a true escape from reality and a chance to bond more closely than ever with your family, then this is the place for you!

1 Thank Untiedt
Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2009

"The overall trip can only be described as fantastic! We loved the idea of spending time inland with all the activities, and are fascinated with the Mayan culture, and then having a few days on an island with lots of water activities. The lodge at Maya Mountain and the Cabanas on the island were wonderful, every meal was excellent and every adventure was outstanding! All of the guides were very knowledgable, answered any questions and ensured everyone’s safety and enjoyment. It definitely was an amazing way to spend my 50th birthday!!!

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 9 January 2009

This has to be the BEST trip to a resort in Belize available! After talking with people at the motel and airport who were returning from other adventures, it was obvious Slickrock offers the best adventure for any resort around! Those same people asked for your name/website after hearing of our trip. Slickrock provided access to every possible water activity with training sessions, one-on-one lessons/guided trips, great food, educational classes, and games too! WOW!

Every possible amenity was addressed. The activities were fun and challenging, but user-accessible. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The cabana was comfortable, and the evenings with the "community" were lots of fun. I enjoyed being exposed to all of the water activities with detailed/guided instruction while having the option to continue my adventure at my own pace and learning curve. Although not athletically inclined, I experienced a personal "high level of success" on everything I tried. I will return again. You run a first class operation, and I will recommend it to my friends/coworkers. Thanks for everything!

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I had a great time and have already recommended Slickrock to friends & family. They did an excellent job preparing me as to what to expect, however the actual experience was even better. All of the guides were knowledgeable, articulate, patient, and kind. I’m not the most athletic so a few things were a challenge. I was encouraged and supported without feeling pressured or judged based my lack of experience. I think Slickrock’s Island Adventure offers something special that’s hard to find.

1. Natural beauty that’s not spoiled by crowds and over development
2. Good choice of activities with quality instruction
3. Appreciate the respect shown for the environment
4. Great staff
5. Nice community & good way to meet people – enjoyed shared meals, games, etc.
6. Good value
7. Great food

Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We loved every minute of this trip and recommend it highly. We will absolutely return for a longer stay next time. We were so impressed with how organized the entire experience was. Every detail was thought of and we felt very well prepared for the type of experience we would have on the island. We tried everything that the resort had to offer. Even after taking advantage of most the activities and clinics we still felt relaxed and rejuvenated when we left. The guides were fantastic. We were amazed at how knowledgeable they were about everything - from the equipment to marine life to local culture and history. They were very thorough in their introductions to the various activities, we always felt safe and in good hands. We also enjoyed that there was the flexibility to go out without a guide and that we were able to make our own schedule for the day if so desired. We loved that there was no separation between the staff and the guests. Being integrated created a feeling of community and comfort. The rustic accommodations were glorious. Our cabana was steps from the water and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean was relaxing. We truly felt a world away! We can't wait to return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glovers Reef Atoll
#2 of 2 in Coco Plum Cay
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in South Water Caye

Been to Long Caye Resort? Share your experiences!