“First time there...can't wait to get back! Wonderful without exception.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turneffe Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turneffe Island
Turneffe Flats
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Turneffe Island
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, Oregon
“First time there...can't wait to get back! Wonderful without exception.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I have had Turneffe Flats on our list for a while and finally made it this year. Oh my gosh! Every expectation exceeded. I did the Angler package while my wife did the Atoll Adventure. Amazing experiences every day. Pictures from my wife's snorkeling look like one of Jacques-Yves Cousteau's expeditions. And the angling? This was my first bonefish (or for that matter saltwater) experience. My guide, Eddie Hyde, allowed me to hook, land and release my first bonefish - ON MY VERY FIRST CAST! Accomodations are casual elegance and so comfortable. The food is great and the staff is incredible. Craig and Karen have made this a destination you must experience. Don't wait...you must go...and then you'll thank me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SurferboyLeftCoast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Redding
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife Kelly and I just returned from a week at Turneffe Flats Lodge. We had an incredible stay. The guests were a mix of mostly fishers with 3 divers and a few Atoll Adventuers. Every guest had glowing stories at the day's end. My guide Willie was a great companion and Kelly loved Abel [Atoll Adventure guide]. We absolutely can't imagine a finer destination in Belize. Thanks Karen , Craig, Danielle, Peter, and the rest of the crew.

Room Tip: all the cottages are great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike P
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I flyfish and like to try our "bucket list" of different salt water destinations before returning to one. Turneffe Flats is the first exception. We cannot wait to go back next spring.
Karen and Craig run an incredible operation. Their staff was friendly, service oriented, and knowledgeable. The cabanas are so clean and essentially so bug free that sleeping at night was a pleasure after each day of awesome fishing. I never awoke in the middle of the night wondering what was crawling around. The food was amazing. I loved everything served. We early bird fisherman wanted to be on the water so the staff accommodated us by serving breakfast earlier than scheduled and never made it seem an inconvenience. The main lodge was welcoming and a great place to listen to the fish tales of the day. We caught or saw permit and bonefish everyday. Travel to Belize is very easy too.
For an all around amazing week of sun, fishing, food, and scenery, Turneffe Flats is THE return to destination.
Linda W

1 Thank Linda W
Owatonna, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I went as scuba divers. They truely limit the divers (max of 12 on the resort and 6/dive master). Rest of guests (up to 18) are fly fishing for Bonefish and Permit. We were usually just the 2 of us, with 2 other guests diving occasionally, and our own dive master AND boat captain. Nice aspect of this island (as opposed to Amberges caye) is that if winds and waves are up on one side the staff takes you to the other side where dive conditions are better. Less dived and reefs and numbers of fish are much better. 3 tank boat dives with a great sandwich lunch made to order. You leave at 8:30 and get back around 3:30 dive sites are about a 45 minute boat ride.

During this trip we also stayed at Amberges Caye for another week. Hands down Turneffe Flats was much nicer and spacious accomadations, SAFER attentive dive master and captain, more attentive (first name basis from minute one) entire rest of staff, ratio of staff to guests is much higher. Craig and Karen made a point of personally talking to the guests daily to be sure they had a great time and are most interesting owners with excellent stories. Food was excellent!

My wife and I have always done different dive resorts every year but we will make an exception and definately come back to Turneffe Flats!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. Recently redone and in excellent condition. If any special consi...
2 Thank Ralph W
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I just returned from week's stay at Turneffe Flats. We had a great time. We want to go back.

I fished and had a blast catching bonefish. Michael, my guide, was an expert fish finder and knowledgeable about all aspects of the marine life. He was also very helpful in improving my mediocre casting skills in unusually windy conditions.

My wife enjoyed the Atoll Adventure Tour and learning from Abel, the guide, and spending time with the other Tour guests.

The rooms were great, the food great, and the staff was great. The location, off by itself, meant that we were not competing with others for fishing or snorkeling territory. Meeting the other guests was fun and interesting. Many had returned year after year. The stay exceeded our expectations in all regards.

2 Thank spiny1
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was our seventh trip to Turneffe Flats, and our kids, now teenagers, continue to look forward to our week in Belize. We snorkel and fish, and our guides, Abel and Capt, are simply first-rate in every way -- professional, knowledgeable, friendly and kind -- as are all the management and staff. They are a magnificent team of people. The rooms are comfortable and clean, with lovely verandahs facing the water, and the meals are delicious. And of course, the Flats' dedication to the Atoll shows in everything they do -- they transmit their passion and commitment to this very special part of the world to all of their guests. We'll be back again...and again!

Room Tip: All the cabanas are lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BklynTravelers4
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Fist let me qualify my statements by saying that we are scuba divers, nature lovers, beauty hunters and look for all of that in a restful and tasteful (food included) environment. Just not one thing that was not perfect here. From the meeting at the airport, the high quality boat taking you to Turneffe, to the amazingly knowledgable captain and crew, to the amazing view approaching the resort.... If you are looking for an immaculately maintained, caring staff, on site and involved owners, and an eclectic mix of fisherman, nature explorers and yes divers like us.... look no further. In a short time we fell that we met many new and interesting friends. The food was always totally interesting and delicious. The dive staff, in our case Alex and Jose were so knowledgeable about their country and its people that dive trips and surface intervals were fascinating and they had us either laughing or smiling. Underwater we could not have asked for more and we can be very picky about who we dive with. Funny, so many people we met had been to Turneffe Flats for 6 or 7 or 8 times before. Now we know why. By the way, the pictures they have on their web site do not do it justice and when I told one of the owners she said "we are always happy that we have exceeded your expectations" That statement just about sums it up. Thank you to all the Turneffe Flats staff!

Room Tip: Any questions just ask Danielle -- she is really on top of customer communications and needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in St. George's Caye
Royal Palm Island Resort
Royal Palm Island Resort
#2 of 2 in St. George's Caye

Been to Turneffe Flats? Share your experiences!