“the BEST fishing & lodge around”
Review of Turneffe Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turneffe Island
Turneffe Flats
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Turneffe Island
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For an annual fishing trip with friends we finally booked T-Flats. I have travelled to other lodges in Belize but figured it was time to do the Turneffe experience. It is without a doubt one of the best places I have ever fished. The staff, food, lodging, and of course fishing is unbeatable. Did not even bother bone fishing from boat after 3 days as we could hunt them morning & afternoon 100' off the lodge veranda. Great place if you are looking for Grand Slam as well, saw a few completed while we stayed there. top notch

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank woodtooth

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Perfect location, outstanding staff, great food, very knowledgeable guides, and a very nice air conditioned room overlooking a bonefish flat and reef. I honestly cannot think of any way to improve on this place and I travel quite a bit.
Landed my first grand slam and they were all trophy fish in their own right.
Snorkeling was great right off the dock, and the wives who went adventure touring all seemed to have a great time.

I did donate money to the organization hoping to keep this place like it is for my grandchildren, see turneffe atoll trust for more info, this place is a jewel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Just got back from Turneffe. It was a great week with great service and a great group of guests. Still, most importantly, I had a dream week of fishing. 5 permit and 2 tarpon later, I had back-to-back grand slams! In fact, I almost had a third grand slam in a row, but broke off the tarpon after a 10 minute fight. I can't imagine a better place to spend a week hunting the flats. After fishing, going back to a great lodge and wonderful accommodations, helps prepare one for the next day of adventure. Only thing to watch out for are the flies which can pack a good bite, but are easily deterred with loose clothing. Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I have had Turneffe Flats on our list for a while and finally made it this year. Oh my gosh! Every expectation exceeded. I did the Angler package while my wife did the Atoll Adventure. Amazing experiences every day. Pictures from my wife's snorkeling look like one of Jacques-Yves Cousteau's expeditions. And the angling? This was my first bonefish (or for that matter saltwater) experience. My guide, Eddie Hyde, allowed me to hook, land and release my first bonefish - ON MY VERY FIRST CAST! Accomodations are casual elegance and so comfortable. The food is great and the staff is incredible. Craig and Karen have made this a destination you must experience. Don't wait...you must go...and then you'll thank me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurferboyLeftCoast
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife Kelly and I just returned from a week at Turneffe Flats Lodge. We had an incredible stay. The guests were a mix of mostly fishers with 3 divers and a few Atoll Adventuers. Every guest had glowing stories at the day's end. My guide Willie was a great companion and Kelly loved Abel [Atoll Adventure guide]. We absolutely can't imagine a finer destination in Belize. Thanks Karen , Craig, Danielle, Peter, and the rest of the crew.

Room Tip: all the cottages are great
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I flyfish and like to try our "bucket list" of different salt water destinations before returning to one. Turneffe Flats is the first exception. We cannot wait to go back next spring.
Karen and Craig run an incredible operation. Their staff was friendly, service oriented, and knowledgeable. The cabanas are so clean and essentially so bug free that sleeping at night was a pleasure after each day of awesome fishing. I never awoke in the middle of the night wondering what was crawling around. The food was amazing. I loved everything served. We early bird fisherman wanted to be on the water so the staff accommodated us by serving breakfast earlier than scheduled and never made it seem an inconvenience. The main lodge was welcoming and a great place to listen to the fish tales of the day. We caught or saw permit and bonefish everyday. Travel to Belize is very easy too.
For an all around amazing week of sun, fishing, food, and scenery, Turneffe Flats is THE return to destination.
Linda W

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I went as scuba divers. They truely limit the divers (max of 12 on the resort and 6/dive master). Rest of guests (up to 18) are fly fishing for Bonefish and Permit. We were usually just the 2 of us, with 2 other guests diving occasionally, and our own dive master AND boat captain. Nice aspect of this island (as opposed to Amberges caye) is that if winds and waves are up on one side the staff takes you to the other side where dive conditions are better. Less dived and reefs and numbers of fish are much better. 3 tank boat dives with a great sandwich lunch made to order. You leave at 8:30 and get back around 3:30 dive sites are about a 45 minute boat ride.

During this trip we also stayed at Amberges Caye for another week. Hands down Turneffe Flats was much nicer and spacious accomadations, SAFER attentive dive master and captain, more attentive (first name basis from minute one) entire rest of staff, ratio of staff to guests is much higher. Craig and Karen made a point of personally talking to the guests daily to be sure they had a great time and are most interesting owners with excellent stories. Food was excellent!

My wife and I have always done different dive resorts every year but we will make an exception and definately come back to Turneffe Flats!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. Recently redone and in excellent condition. If any special consi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in St. George's Caye
The Great House
The Great House
#2 of 26 in Belize City

Been to Turneffe Flats? Share your experiences!