“A perfect vacation!”
Review of Turneffe Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turneffe Island
Turneffe Flats
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Turneffe Island
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

Turneffe Flats is fantastic! Our family of 6 had a wonderful time - divers and snorkelers alike. The location is absolutely beautiful, completely secluded, with something for everyone. The divers in our group thought the diving and dive staff were outstanding and the snorkelers were so impressed with the things they saw with their guide (Abel Coe - we call him the Ocean Whisperer!). The food was terrific and every single staff member, even the owners, were so warm and friendly and went out of their way to take care of us. I can't say enough about how great Turneffe Flats is. All in all it was a perfect vacation!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff and guides at Turneffe Flats were outstanding !! Everyone there was friendly and helpful. Food was excellent and the scuba diving sites were awesome, especially The Blue Hole and Half Moon Cay. Rooms were more than adequate for a beachside setting. If privacy is what you are looking for, this is the place!! We all had a great time!!! Highly recommend Turneffe Flats!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It's a bit of a haul to get there but sooooo worth it. The fly fishing was awesome and our guide, Dion, was fantastic. Abel, the Atoll guide, is incredible. The food was delicious - don't miss out on the wraps for lunch. Prior to arrival we were concerned about the "closeness" of the dining experience but it turned out to be a lot of fun to socialize with everyone at dinner and hear about what everyone did that day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christina G
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife dives and I fish. She had a fantastic time seeing everything and more than she thought. She even make a book out of her photos. When guests come over she pulls that book out everytime. She says that everything was very professional and perfect.

Fishing was great fun!!! The first fish with my guide was a Permit!!! My guide, Dion was great. Dion did everything and even more than expected to put me on the fish. I caught just about everything. I caught plenty of Bones, 1 permit (but hooked a few others) and a 75-100 lb Tarpon plus alot of other things.

Staff was amazing and organized. Seemed that they had meetings with guides and dive masters every morning. Everyone was on the same page and they really wanted every guest to have a great time. (maybe, I should have tiped more)

What I thought would be a downside turned into a huge positive. On the last day they want to get you back to the Belize City early in the morning. Well, I was bummed at first but then I decided to fish around the docks. I jumped 3 Tarpon!!!

This was a trip I will remember the rest of my life. If you get the chance you have to go.

WARNING: It's not for you if you want loud music,crowds,shopping and a huge party.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Turneffe Flats is heaven on earth. It's been years since we were there, but have so many fond memories. They have great food and a different adventure every day. Getting there is a little more trouble than I am used to, but is sooo worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My son and I took up diving a five years ago and have had several diving vacations together. Turneffe Flats was great! I set up the vacation through direct email with the Turneffe Flats management. They were very accomodating to our specific schedule and everything was as specified from our arrival at the airport until they dropped us off. Our beachfront bungalow was wonderful in every way. The dining experiences were social and delicious. Beautiful pool. The diving...WOW! The dive crew was great from start to finish. John, Abel, and Alex were professional, safety aware, and FUN! Every morning after breakfast the crew was ready to take us to the best locations of the day depending on weather, wind, visability etc... I know the Blue Hole is the thing to do, but our group decided it was the "most boring dive you HAVE to do," so we chose to drop it from our list and used the time more wisely exploring fantastic sites. Devil's Deep and the Terrace were our favorites among the 9 dives because the coral wall was steep and full of life.

Room Tip: We were in #5 and it was great. I heard no complaints about any of the other bungalows so I doubt t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Despite this being a destination for avid fly fishermen ("Why go to Galopagos? There's no fishing") and divers, we went to snorkel. Fewer than 30 guests, very friendly - group tables for meals - and an air-conditioned room. The Atoll Adventure is led by Abel, a remarkable snorkeling guide with an impressive knowledge of flora and fauna. Water was clear and the variety of corals and fish was amazing. Swimming with a pack of dolphins capped the visit.

Room Tip: It takes 1.5 hrs on a boat to get from the port in Belize City to Turneffe Flats, both open water an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in St. George's Caye
St. George's Caye Resort
St. George's Caye Resort
#1 of 2 in St. George's Caye

Been to Turneffe Flats? Share your experiences!