“The perfect getaway!”
Review of Turneffe Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turneffe Island
Turneffe Flats
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Turneffe Island
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Frankfort, Illinois
“The perfect getaway!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This place is fantastic! We did 7 days of diving at beautiful reefs and the Blue Hole and spent a day on the mainland zip lining and cave tubing. The staff was so helpful and personable and the food was absolutely amazing!! It's the perfect getaway, I wouldn't change a single detail. Our vacation was outstanding and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Turneffe Flats is just the place if you’re looking for a relaxing and private vacation. Because of its secluded nature you get the opportunity to know the staff and owners quite well. Everyone is so kind and welcoming that even after nine days, I found it hard to say goodbye. I spent the majority of my days diving and loved every second of it! The dive sites were amazing and one boat ride home included an impromptu swim with dolphins! The Blue Hole is also a one of a kind dive that you can’t pass up! I can’t say enough good things about Turneffe Flats, the delicious food, and the people that work there… a must for anyone longing for that perfect vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

Turneffe Flats is fantastic! Our family of 6 had a wonderful time - divers and snorkelers alike. The location is absolutely beautiful, completely secluded, with something for everyone. The divers in our group thought the diving and dive staff were outstanding and the snorkelers were so impressed with the things they saw with their guide (Abel Coe - we call him the Ocean Whisperer!). The food was terrific and every single staff member, even the owners, were so warm and friendly and went out of their way to take care of us. I can't say enough about how great Turneffe Flats is. All in all it was a perfect vacation!

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff and guides at Turneffe Flats were outstanding !! Everyone there was friendly and helpful. Food was excellent and the scuba diving sites were awesome, especially The Blue Hole and Half Moon Cay. Rooms were more than adequate for a beachside setting. If privacy is what you are looking for, this is the place!! We all had a great time!!! Highly recommend Turneffe Flats!!

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It's a bit of a haul to get there but sooooo worth it. The fly fishing was awesome and our guide, Dion, was fantastic. Abel, the Atoll guide, is incredible. The food was delicious - don't miss out on the wraps for lunch. Prior to arrival we were concerned about the "closeness" of the dining experience but it turned out to be a lot of fun to socialize with everyone at dinner and hear about what everyone did that day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christina G
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife dives and I fish. She had a fantastic time seeing everything and more than she thought. She even make a book out of her photos. When guests come over she pulls that book out everytime. She says that everything was very professional and perfect.

Fishing was great fun!!! The first fish with my guide was a Permit!!! My guide, Dion was great. Dion did everything and even more than expected to put me on the fish. I caught just about everything. I caught plenty of Bones, 1 permit (but hooked a few others) and a 75-100 lb Tarpon plus alot of other things.

Staff was amazing and organized. Seemed that they had meetings with guides and dive masters every morning. Everyone was on the same page and they really wanted every guest to have a great time. (maybe, I should have tiped more)

What I thought would be a downside turned into a huge positive. On the last day they want to get you back to the Belize City early in the morning. Well, I was bummed at first but then I decided to fish around the docks. I jumped 3 Tarpon!!!

This was a trip I will remember the rest of my life. If you get the chance you have to go.

WARNING: It's not for you if you want loud music,crowds,shopping and a huge party.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bridgeport, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Turneffe Flats is heaven on earth. It's been years since we were there, but have so many fond memories. They have great food and a different adventure every day. Getting there is a little more trouble than I am used to, but is sooo worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in St. George's Caye
The Great House
The Great House
#2 of 26 in Belize City

Been to Turneffe Flats? Share your experiences!