This resort is basic and remote.... Twenty or so individual cottages on a beach. No golf, no tennis, no disco bar - just palm trees, gin clear water, a comfortable bed and a lovely private screen porch complete with hammock. Primary attraction is the snorkeling, which is as good as any in the Caribbean. Shallow coral reefs protected by a barrier reef with all the sea life you could wish for. The staff are the greatest - thoughtful, friendly and quick to know whether you'd prefer beer or a gin and tonic. Only reason i didn't give it five stars was that the food was fine but not outstanding. They do fine with what they've got but remote islands and gourmet fare are a rare combination. All in all - a great get away ........ Bring a good book, shorts and a bathing suit. Leave everything else at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blackbird Caye is a privately owned Island sitting on The Mesoamerican Reef System - often referred to as the "Jewel of the Caribbean" - it is the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere with a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, coastal wetlands, and diverse marine wildlife. Within the reef you will find Turneffe Atoll the Caye where the resort is located. Turneffe is the largest and most biologically diverse of the 3 atolls found in the Caribbean home to more than 65 species of stony coral, 350 species of mollusk, and more than 500 species of fish, manatees, dolphins and invertebrates. There are over 70 dives sites all within 10-15 minutes from the resort and 45 minutes to Lighthouse Reef where The Great Blue Hole is located. The resort is made of 19 modern cabanas facing the Caribbean Sea and 1 beach house. The cabanas are all equipped with A/C, fans, private bathrooms, either King or Queen Beds with new comfortable bedding, private porches with chairs and swinging hammocks. Included in the price are your cabana, 3 daily meals, dive or snorkel package, complimentary transfers to the island on Wednesdays and Saturdays and use of the resort's kayaks. We are the only resort on Turneffe with an air strip making it convenient to arrive or depart any other day of the week. Our courteous and helpful staff will always make you feel at home as customer service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Blackbird Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Caye Hotel Turneffe Islands
- Blackbird Caye Belize City