“the highlight of my 16 day cruise”
Review of Cave Tubing R Us

Cave Tubing R Us
Reviewed 23 May 2014

David gave me a fantastic personal cave tubing trip. When I contacted him I was going to be a single and he advised his tour minimum was two. I told him I would pay for two which was still cheaper than one on the ship tour. When I met him on the dock since he had not found a partner to go with me he said would just put me with a competitor but I had agreed to pay for two so off we went.

I couldn't believe he had a boy to carry my tube for me and another extra was we went farther up the trail and went in the first cave which was really more beautiful than the one everyone else went through. The jungle walk was where David really showed off his knowledge. after coaxing a tarantula out of a hole and showed me how tame he was (I declined the offer to hold him) he then told me the protein value of termites. I did eat some and they taste like mint.

Bring Tevas or solid sole shoes. reef shoes are not so good on the rocky path as I found out
Whatever you do if you go to Belieze don't miss a day with David .

1  Thank tom b

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It's been a couple weeks since we had our tour and we still can't forget the amazing time we had. All I can say is Thank You so much David!! This was my first trip with the family cave tubing but definitely won't be our last. David made cave tubing and jungle trail the best experience of our trip. He gave us so much details about the flora and fauna or Belize on our hike, he made it entertaining for the kids and went above and beyond for us. The value is great and definitely something you should try once in your life. The best part of Cave Tubing r us is the personal attention and expertise you get with them. They are a top notch company and we can't wait to go again! See you next year David! From Ingrid and Wilber Cayman Islands

1  Thank IngridHarrisCayman
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The best and Keith was the best. The caves are amazing. A must see in Belize. The water was cold but nice after the hike to the river

Reviewed 13 May 2014

David picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the site. Along the way we discussed gardening so he took us by his house to show us his garden. When we arrived, David had a young man carry our tubes for us which was an extra treat.The hike to the cave was great. He pointed out all of the flora and fauna including sampling termites from a huge termite nest. The actual tubing through the caves was probably one of the most fun things I have ever done. I felt like I was on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. The caves are quite large and really beautiful. David linked our very comfortable tubes together and paddled us through both caves. It was cool and really relaxing. I loved it!! After our trip we went for a buffet lunch ($10) of Belizean food that was delicious! David is a great guy and really went out of his way to be sure that we had a good experience and it was GREAT!

1  Thank GrandmaPatti2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked this trip separate from the cruise ship to save some money. The info from the company said they had never been late for a ship's departure & they came thru for us as well. We were picked up at the port & drove out to the caves with another couple. The list of what to bring included old sneakers - I don't have any but did wear sandals that stay securely on my feet. David said they were fine. Flip flops are not acceptable & there are swim shoes for rent at the site. I would not have been comfortable walking on the gravel path in swim shoes. You do have to walk up to the caves and then you float down the river back to the starting point. Our guide was very informative, telling us about the rock formations, the river (it is not always the lazy steam we floated down) & the vegetation. When we got to the cave, our tubes were linked together so that our guide could more easily talk to us & he also had to occasionally push or pull the tubes around in the cave. We had little flashlights to be able to direct light at specific areas of the cave. When we cleared the cave, there was still a length of the river to float leisurely down, back to the starting point (and a little swimming hole for those who still needed to cool off). We got changed, had a bite to eat at the buffet located there then drove back to Belize City. The unusual thing with this company is you pay at the end of the trip. David wants to know that you enjoyed the activity. This was a fabulous experience and we definitely recommend Cave Tubing R us.

1  Thank Heather R