“Midweek FunDay!”
Review of Bacab Eco Park

Bacab Eco Park
More attraction details
Owner description: BACAB Eco Adventure Park, encompassing approx 400 acres is a nature lover's paradise. Only seven minutes from Belize's International Airport. This natural destination boasts over 200 species of tropical flowering plants including massive hardwood trees, palms, orchids and ferns and supports a diverse wildlife population that brings you as close to nature as you want to get. We offer a number of unique onsite tours available only with us. We also offer a number of adventurous tours outside of our Park, but always culminating by visiting and experiencing our premier family destination BACAB
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 April 2014

While visiting home, I decided to take niece and nephew to Bacab and we had an absolutely brilliant time! The food was great and lounging around and in the pool was divine! The kids played and played, practiced their swimming and even made a few new friends. I even met a fascinating gentleman by the name of Fred Hunter Senior who gave me a brief history lesson on my home country. I then purchased his book 'The History of the Sovereignty of Belize'. Fun and educational! I'm definitely looking forward to returning to take my niece horse back riding since we didn't have enough time. Keep you the great service Bacab!!

1  Thank Zoe H

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Myself, husband and teen daughter visited this park from a cruise ship excursion. The excursion description said 1 hour horseback riding in the jungle, lunch, lockers and free time to use the pool and other activities. Our guide was fabulous. She gave us history info and cultural info during the bus ride. When we got to the park, we were told there's a $5 locker fee plus $5 deposit. We were forced to get one as we couldn't bring our bag on the horses. They pointed out a lady that makes bracelets while you wait as well as a tiny gift shop. Then we got ready for the horses. It took quite awhile to get 27 riders on their horses. The trek was nice but very slow. We didn't see any animals at all. The ride was supposed to be 1 hour but I think they include the prep time in that. Back at the restaurant they had a nice lunch with BBQ chicken, potato salad, rice and beans and fried plantains. Very good and you can go for 2nds. There's also a menu if you want to try other foods or buy drinks. My daughter wanted a bracelet so we gave the lady her name, colors she wanted and the $3 deposit. This was almost an hour before leaving and she ssaid 20 minutes it would be finished. Well of hadn't even been started by the time we were leaving and when we asked for our $3 back, the lady said we never paid. I argued with her and finally got it back. So be aware of this lady and order before leaving on your trek and make sure she writes everything in her notebook. Overall this park is good. Its clean, pool is really nice with a slide and food is good.

2  Thank Rebeccainlv1
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our visit was a shore excursion from the Norwegian Pearl at $54.00 each.

It was already 89º F and 88% humidity when we arrived here about lunchtime so cold soft drinks were the first items we wanted from the buffet. Then, we got into the Belizean BBQ which included chicken, rice with beans, potato salad, and fried plantains.

By 1:00 PM, it was 90º F and 90% humidity. We were glad that we had not signed up for the other options of horseback riding or kayaking. We enjoyed the beautiful adult pool and the shade. The pool was very large and about 4 feet deep. It had a waterfall and water slide. The adjacent kiddie pool had a mushroom-shaped water fountain for splashing fun.

There were lockers for rent to keep belongings safe.

About 2:00 PM, a worker in the gift shop area said that the thermometer hit 101º F and that there was report on the radio that it was 104º F inland. It was back to the pool for us.

Late in the afternoon, we were the only two who went to the Wild Wings Butterfly House. It was in between hatchings and near the end of the season, but we did see a Blue Morpho, an Owl Butterfly, and a Postman.

Bacab had a nice small gift shop with a variety of Belizean-made crafts. There was also a woman with handmade items at a table poolside.

Although we were happy with our experiences of relaxing and keeping cool in the pool and touring the butterfly house, we wished that it had been a cooler day so that we could have walked the Ixchel Medicine Trail to learn about healing plants in that area and to see more the 400 acres---200 of which were the eco park. But, we were glad that we had adjusted our plans for the extreme heat.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

9  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My sister, daughter, niece and I took the Bacab Jungle Kayak Expedition March 26, 2014. we had a great time and our guide was not only informative but a big help to me. This 74 year old lady thought she was more than capable to conquer a kayak. To make a long story short, thank God for Omar our guide. He not only taught my sister, niece and daughter, he let me get on his kayak, so they were able to get the hang of it. Guess you could say I was a VERY LUCKY lady. We all enjoyed our tour of the lagoon. Omar is the best!!!!! Would not have had such a wonderful time without him.

1  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My sisters and I did this excursion while on our cruise. The bus ride through Belize City was interesting and informative. Our guide Paula was very helpful and an excellent guide. Once at the eco park, the horseback riding was fun, but uneventful. We only saw one iguana and lots of termite nests; no howler monkeys, birds, or any other wildlife, which was extremely disappointing. The food was ok. They actually ran out of a couple items before we were able to eat. We only had about 45 min to eat and enjoy the pool after the horseback ride....not long enough at all.