“WOW!!!!”

Charlie's Cave Tubing Tours
Ranked #6 of 78 Tours in Belize City
More attraction details
Owner description: Charlie's Tours are very educational, ecological-oriented and adequate for school kids and students of all ages. Charlie offers an excellent ecological tour on the trails just prior to having to tube through the mysterious caves where the Maya priests once prayed to and worshiped the Gods of the Underworld. At Charlie's Cave Tubing we cater especially to our Eco-friendly guests. We are very serious about the conservation and preservation of the caves. We are sure you will find this a very relaxing and pleasant experience.
Vancouver, Canada
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

What a fantastic day. A friend and I booked Charlie through Grumpy and Happy tours. They arranged everything for us and it all went smoothly. Charlie met us at the airport and then the fun began. He was knowledgeable about the area and gave us lots of history. He also kept us laughing the whole trip.

We booked the extended cave tour and so we had an additional hike through the rainforest. It was beautiful! When we got to the top cave it took our breath away. I can't say enough wonderful things about the cave tubing and Charlie. I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

Visited March 2011

Tallahassee, Florida
“Charlie was Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

Charlie was the best tour guide we could have asked for! He was very informative of the trails and of the cave's geographical features. He also was very helpful in navigating the city of Belize, he was able to direct us exactly where we needed to go. During the actual tubing process he was very relaxed and made the experience enjoyable for all that were in the group. I would go tubing with Charlie again any day! RECOMMENDED!

Visited March 2011
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience...THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I've been cave tubing in Belize several years ago, but the experience our group had with Charlie was truly amazing. I was apprehensive to book the trip with a verbal, "We will pick you up." That is exactly what Charlie made happen & didn't mention the money until I asked to pay him at the end. The tour was less than half the cost if we booked on the cruise!!
The tour...I would guess it's a mile or so walk to start the tour, which is what everyone has to walk... We were all excited to get in the tour to start, but Charlie gave us a walking tour that highlighted the jungles many resources & Mayan history. With Charlie's insight & educational tour the walk seemed too short, there is so much to learn!!
The cave tubing was again highlighted by a Charlie navagational tour. We would see the other ship tours blow by us & truely miss the beauty, insight & history. The ship tours required helmets & they looked like they had "special needs". They ship tours had "special" tubes that were uncomfortable.
I would recommend this tour to anyone under the age of 75 years old that travels to Belize. I would also recommend this tour to anyone considering going on a cruise to include this as a port to stop.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Palletech
St. George, Utah
“Mister Charlie Chan was the best guide our whole cruise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

Our first stop on our cruise was to Belize and my wife and I were nervous because we didn't book our excursion through the cruise line and they made us feel like we had gotten screwed because we didn't go through them. Well luckily we didn't and we had an amazing time with Charlie. He was very knowledgeable of the Mayan culture and was able to give us a huge insight into the lives of his people. We felt like we had the best tour guide when watching other guides work. Charlie said he has been doing this for about 20 yrs. which is amazing. If you are thinking of who to go through for your excursion in Belize, Charlie is your man. You won't be disappointed I promise.

Sincerley,

Matt

Visited January 2011
Ny state
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best excursion yet and very nice and friendly to work with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I just went with my family on a cruise and booked the cave tubing with Charlie, we got in and he was waiting on the dock with a sign and he met me and brought us to our tour guide who was fantastic, Randy was his name and he was great! The experience with him was very good and he also gave us a ton of info about the land and area, book with them, you'll have a nice time and save about half of what you would pay on the cruise!

Visited January 2011