“Great place to relax”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Troy, Alabama
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After spending the day in Belize we wanted to have a bite to eat and a drink while waiting to go back to the ship. The atmosphere is great sitting out by the water and the food was really good.

• Visited June 2014
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hope the adventures in Belize were great. Thanks for stopping in and "relaxing" with us. Next time say hello and I'll try to relax a bit with you. Glad you had a great time, and enjoyed the food and drinks. See you again.
Laura

“Not impressive, just average.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stopped in at the wet lizard after being recommended this place from a frequent flyer on the ship. Quaint and neat little place. We sat upstairs and loved the view. We were waited on by one girl on less than five minutes of sitting down. Another girl came by another five minutes to make sure we had been waited on. Everything came in nice timing. We got the salsa and drinks. Cucumber based salsa that is different, but good! Drinks were small but good. We then ordered the nachos but never saw them.... Turned out okay with is because the couple on the next table got them and they looked like they were straight out of a ball park. From previous reviews I understand that they are different... Spices, homemade, etc but they didn't look appetizing to me nor my husband.
Although we were paying customers for food and drinks, we wanted to use the WiFi but it wouldn't work. Seems that is common for this place according to previous reviews, but it is advertised clearly on their signs. Great way for them to make more money I guess... Working or not. We ended up going to cates bar for WiFi.
Overall just okay. Nothing to hoop and holler about but also not bad.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Well, I am sorry you thought we were just average, and that you compare our nachos to stadium nachos. Some people like stadium nachos actually, but we flavor our meat, the cheese has extra added spices, and creaminess to it, and it is topped with out homemade salsa, which we can't keep enough of because people are always taking it back on the ship with them. I am sorry they didn't get to you that there is no excuse, and i will discuss this over with the staff but I am sure if you would have tasted them, you would have enjoyed them just as much as other guests.

With regards to the WiFi I am very sorry but like I said it is a server issue that we have been dealing with for a while. I am doing my best at getting it worked out, and we don't just advertise it, we actually pay good money to offer it to our guests, so when it is down, I am scurrying trying to get it fixed and on the phone constantly with the server. Again I do apologize, and I am doing all I can to make all these issues better and when you come back we won't be just "average"
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cold Beer - but no WiFi :(”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Wanted to sit, relax with a cold drink, and use the internet. Was told internet was available, but after ordering the drinks could not log on. Disappointing and did not stay to eat. Wish you could check for wifi first, but I understand that it is for customers only.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thanks for stopping by, I am sorry about the internet but it is not a Wet Lizard issue, it is a Belize internet server issue. We are at the mercy of the server. Sometimes it is great and full speed and others it is sporadic. I hope that our guests understand we are a full service bar and restaurant first, and offer internet as a service to our guest. We are not an internet café, but don't mind our guests using it if eating and drinking and not taking space of persons who really want to be there to enjoy our good food and cold drinks.
Thanks again for stopping, and do try again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great bar food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Sitting right on the water was nice (even though the closer you get to Belize City, the cloudier the water becomes). We stopped in Belize City on a cruise, and we wanted to eat somewhere local for lunch. My husband had a watermelon juice/rum drink, and it was very tasty. We also had a giant plate of nachos that were fantastic. The atmosphere was comfortable for tourists without being too Americanized. Our server was nice too.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts of your visit to The Wet Lizard. Yes, the water gets a little brackish due to the waters flowing from the rivers inland out to sea, but the views are still beautiful, glad you enjoyed it. We make our watermelon juice fresh daily, and the added touch of rum makes it even tastier. I hope you do come back to visit us again, and enjoy yourself with us. We are making changes to upgrade and make your experience even more relaxing and enjoyable.
See you soon
Philadelphia
“Best caviche ever.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Since I was not a cruise passenger but rather a visitor staying in Belize City a I had to go through immigration to get to the docks but once I made it to The Wet Lizard it was totally worth the trip. Lobster was out of season in May so I had the shrimp caviche and it was delicious . The best I've ever had.

1 Thank Sunfire999
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I am so glad that stopped in. Yes, since it is a port of entry, when a visitor is not coming from a tender, you must present ID etc. to enter the port. I am glad that you enjoyed your crevice and your time with us. That is definitely one of my favorite dishes and we are always trying to keep it the best quality, with the freshest ingredients possible.
Please do stop again.