“Seeing Belize from sea is an interesting...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 151 reviews

Reviews from our community

Ardy52
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Seeing Belize from sea is an interesting alternative to land travel”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Captain Dave and Chef Carrie made our Christmas holiday very special. Each meal was different and very good as well as healthy.

Matthew T
Santa Clara, California
“Completed my ASA bareboat certification. Simply excellent.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Spent 5 days aboard Aubisque (47' sailing catamaran). I expected to learn how to sail better (which I did) but got a lot more. The hospitality, food, drinks and good times far exceeded my expectations.

Was looking for an option to complete my ASA (American Sailing Association) Bareboat 104 and Bareboat Catamaran 114 courses and Belize Sailing Vacations came up as a good option from the ASA website.

Firstly, we were on board with 2 extremely experienced instructors - Cliff Wilson and Curtis Collins. In itself, that's a pure luxury for anyone learning to sail and more than worthy of chartering BSV for. The amount I learned in this 5 days was immense and I feel very confident taking the next step and taking a Bareboat Catamaran out on my own.

Secondly, the food and drinks were magnificent. I expected glorified camping, but it was much closer to fine dining. To name a few favorites.... Grilled Lobster Tail, Conch Ceviche, Shrimp Curry, Spanish Mackerel and Banana Muffins. They even managed the best Pumpkin Pie I've ever eaten in honor of Thanksgiving - don't ask me how.

Lastly, the company and good times were loads and loads of fun. It's a little daunting to know you're going to be on a 5 day boat trip with people you barely know, but it proved to be very relaxed and comfortable. Cliff and Curtis were great to have on board and really made the trip for us. We also met up with another of the BSV's charter boats and made friends with those on board where we had a great Thanksgiving dinner. The crew on the other boat (Rachael and Genevieve) were very welcoming and a lot of fun too.

All in all, I can't rate this vacation highly enough and I'm really looking forward to doing it again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
baton rouge la
Reviewed 30 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

michaelf5...
Houston, Texas
“Full review from Tripadvisor Top Contributor and seasoned traveller”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Our trip was wonderful with Cliff and his staff. Here are the details in case you would like further detail:

Communication with Cliff and his staff in the beginning was strained but was likely due to some circumstances with his being out of the country and the fact that we booked in the off season in July. We did get the details finalized and all was set.

The day prior to our arrival, our catamaran "Dora" was deemed out of service for mechanical reasons so we were transferred to "Infiniti" (an older vessel) and the charter rate was adjusted to reflect the rate of Infiniti.

We arrived and were picked up by a great driver that had to be in the nicest SUV in Belize. Very professional and very clean. We enjoyed the ride to the marina and were introduced to our Captain and Chef. They had drinks waiting for us on the boat and loaded our bags. We were off!

Infiniti had its challenges but the staff was on top of things and made the trip incredible and the meals were AMAZING. Great music on the aft deck and a wonderful scene to eat. The activities were great - snorkeling trips planned, great shore excursions and always accommodating to our requests for things that were out of the norm. Example: We were eating on the aft deck one evening just recalling some of our incredible experiences that we had during the day: my son swimming with a giant sea turtle, my daughter snorkeling with 40 sting rays, the nurse sharks that were all around... I had an idea: "Dave, I would like to (if possible) hire a local fisherman tomorrow to go lobster hunting with and actually catch our own lobsters and have them for dinner tomorrow."

"No problem." He contacted a man on our behalf and they picked us up the next morning for an encounter that was one of the best in the week. The chef cooked them for us that evening to cap off a perfect week.

We mostly enjoyed Caulker Caye and Ambergris and the night life there was fun and lively but in the end the best meals were right on the aft deck! Really. There is not a better meal in Belize.

I would highly recommend Cliff and his staff. They are professional and can meet seemingly any need. We will be back with them for sure.

Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA

Rugged travelers
TX
Reviewed 9 May 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$995
/ Night
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing