“Unbelievable Vacation”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DC
“Unbelievable Vacation”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We (two couples) just got off an unbelievable sailing vacation aboard the Doris. Jason (our captain) was very knowledgeable and a great sailor. Jason was very personable and assisted us with all our needs. We always felt comfortable with him at the helm. Kainie (our chef) was excellent. We all really enjoyed the food and she went out of her way to accommodate our varied pallets. If you can afford the additional amount, the Doris is well worth it. The top area, where Jason piloted the boat, was a critical seating area when the boat was under way to get out of the sun and get an incredible breeze. The snorkeling was amazing. Our guide (Ally) was wonderful. She made us all feel very comfortable snorkeling with sharks and sting rays.

Things we wished we had known before we went:
- Bring lots of sun screen – you are putting it on multiple times a day
- Only bring bathing suits, shorts, tee shirts, sun dresses, and flip flops – you will not need anything else
- Bring your own snorkel equipment – the equipment provided had a few issues and it would be better to have your own that could fit correctly
- Bring your own red wine (the only one provided is Fat Basterd) (Shirz) – not that this is bad, but if you like red wine you might want a few other choices
- Toilets – My wife had a harder time with the pumping of the toilets after using it and putting all toilet paper in a trash can after use, but she got used to it.
- Air Conditioning – It only goes on at night after 8pm and only in the cabins. The air conditioning cannot run during the day while sailing. The air conditioner did not work well in the saloon area and was never on. One of the people with us has very pale skin and red hair. She had a hard time finding places in the shade during the day, so she would not burn.
Overall, this was a trip of a life time! My wife and I realized that we really love the open water and being on a sailing boat. We are going to look at taking sailing lessons when we get back home. We would definitely recommend going on this trip to anyone that asks.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being on the water
Liked least: toilets
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Krissy B
“Best Experience of our Lives!”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We honeymooned with Captain Cliff and Chef Christy. If you are hesitating to take a trip with Belize Sailing Vacations, you shouldn't! It was without hesitation, the most incredible experience we've ever had. We are both past cruisers with large cruise ship lines and will never return to cruising after our personalized experience aboard the Aubisque. In the first 24 hours, we had done more than all of our cruising experiences added together: sailing, swimming, snorkeling, spear fishing, kayaking, conch diving, fishing, beach combing, site seeing... And that was just the first day! The trip continued with amazing experiences and 5 star meals. Of course the alcohol is all included and free flowing so that was a continued plus through out the trip.

The trip started great with a man who they arranged to pick us up from the airport. The drive was short but full of information about the area and tips about what to eat and top sites to see. Every question we asked was met with friendly answers. Then we arrived at the boat where Cliff gave us a bucket for our shoes and Christy put a drink in our hands. We got on and took a tour and got a run down of the itinerary. Then we were off!

We spent 4 days visiting small islands, fishing and snorkeling along the way. He introduced us to a few locals and helped us find the best places to shop or things to see. Cliff spent some time teaching my husband how to sail and aspects of navigation. Every dinner was candlelit and romantic. Every aspect seemed perfectly personalized to our wants for the day. It was so much better than any vacation we've ever been on and in the end, the strangers you meet at the dock, become new friends. The only regret we have is planning a short trip so we could spend time on land! When the end came, we didn't want to get off the boat... So much so, that we are planning another (and longer) trip with them this winter!

Again, if you have any hesitations, put them aside and book with them. They will NOT disappoint.

Chandra H
Advance, North Carolina
“Incredible family memories for 20 year wedding anniversary”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We had an awesome family vacation for our 20 year wedding anniversary (--June 24th--). Our crew was Rufus & Kate Brand. They were the absolute best! We have done charter trips in the past --BVIs-- and knew what to expect. These guys went over and beyond! They even coordinated a wonderful beach barbecue on the day of our anniversary where my 3 boys and I surprised my husband with special words about our marriage & family. It was beyond special!

Belize is beautiful but what matters is who you spend the time with on your vacation and these guys entertained us and especially the boys! My oldest got a sailing lesson which he thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend BSV and ask for Rufus & Kate! They make the company shine! Happy Sailing!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jan S
Sonora, Texas
“Just Another Day in Paradise”
Reviewed 5 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We are a family of 4 who decided that we wanted to try something different for our vacation this year. We booked our vacation through Absolute Belize who handled our entire booking from start to finish. I was completely satisfied with our trip. All questions, all details were taken care of ahead of time. We stayed 3 nights on land in the beginning and then we were taken directly to the marina to embark on one of the most amazing trips. We were met at the marina and all we had to do was unpack. We truly packed too many clothes for this trip and had to leave most of what we brought in a locker at the marina. Don't make my mistake. All you need is your swimsuit, a cover-up and a few dry clothes for evening. We loved this trip! I woke up every morning and took a look at the beautiful water and said," Ah, just another day in paradise!" Our captain, Ellis, took care of all the sailing and points of interest and our cook, Ashanti, was a marvelous cook! She cooked the most delicious meals and snacks. My husband asks me every week, when are we going back! We loved this trip! If you want to be completely relaxed and enjoy boating, being in the sun, and looking at the most beautiful water each day, this is the trip for you.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Graham C
Atlanta, Georgia
“So much more than ASA training”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I found Belize Sailing Vacations by searching for ASA training on catamarans on the web. I was a last minute commitment. My expectations were to get a feel for a 50ft cat and get my 114 and 105 certifications. What I got was so much more - an all-inclusive, luxury vacation where the skipper did more than just ASA training but gave me the 'real deal' when it comes to sailing big cats; meals prepared for me so that I never once thought about food until it was in front of me, pick up and delivery to the airport, a trip to the top of the mast (optional), scuba trips, fishing and perhaps most valuable of all time spent with experienced sailors. I'd highly recommend the extra money to take this training over less expensive ones if you want to learn and have a vacation.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Flexibility of itinery
Liked least: Leaving at the end
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
agossett
Austin, Texas
“Trip of a lifetime- dream honeymoon trip”
Reviewed 10 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Belize Sailing Vacation not only met but totally exceeded my expectations on what my honeymoon was going to be. Before even stepping foot in the beautiful country of Belize I knew this was going to be a great trip thanks to Mandy, who worked with me tirelessly to make this dream a reality. She responded to every email immediately, scheduled pick up from airport, all the essentials my husband and I requested; it was a true pleasure working with her to make this happen. We were on the Sea Dale, which was a perfect size for a solo couple; we had plenty of room and never felt crowded the whole week on board- it was so nice having our own side of the ship with a nice size bedroom, bathroom, and shower. The crew was amazing- Captain Wayne "1/2 inch" was so knowledgeable about the ship and the waters- he grew up on the sea and you can see his passion for what he does. He took us to some of the most amazing islands, snorkeling everyday in the most beautiful waters I have ever seen (and I have seen a lot)- he also has quite the sense of humor and loves fishing, which was a huge plus for my husband. Our on board chef was Kerrie from Philadelphia, her food was a dream. There is not a single meal I was not fond of, and I still dream of her banana/coconut curry! If you have the pleasure to sail with this crew, you are one lucky group! We didn't venture off the boat too much, we felt so at home there and really loved the life of a sailor for the week- but there is plenty to do if you do decide to venture off the boat. On our last day Kerrie arranged for us to be picked up at the marina and taken on a day excursion to the zoo them cave tubing. Both were so much fun, the gentleman they set us up with was so informative, knew every animal in the zoo (with incredible accuracy on his birds), and knew all sorts of fun stories about the Mayans while we were tubing. Overall, this was a trip of a lifetime, it was truly life in the lap of luxury!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Karen C
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
“Excellent advanced sailing training- also very fun!!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I had signed up to do some advanced sailing training. 2 weeks before the trip the other student canceled. I was given the option to reschedule (I needed the training now!) or a shorter private training even though they don't normally do that. Cliffe Wilson, my Capt and instructor was a competent, professional, encouraging teacher. As a former flight instructor I know what it takes to be an excellent teacher and he is!!!! I came away much more confidence in my Captain ability and had a lot of fun along the way. Kerrie, along with Cliffe's wife Rachael made us delicious food (I want the recipes!) arranged for Allie, a tour guide friend to give me a private snorkel tour of the marine reserve, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I feel like I have new friends out on the water. Thanks to all of you!

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing