“Good boat - GREAT people”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
Craig M
“Good boat - GREAT people”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We sailed on the 47' Luna Sea and had a blast. Snorkeling, fishing, sailing, exploring, and eating (oh the food!!) were all spectacular. Ellis and Clodia made sure we had a great trip. Many thanks to both of you.

FredFormo...
Port Coquitlam BC Canada
“Over the Top !!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

It was our 30th Anniversary .....and it will never be forgotten. The only way to see Belize is on a 9 night sailing adventure with captain Ruben and 1st mate Christina!!! They were unBelizable . Ruben knows the waters and everybody on them and every island . Together Ruben and Christina did everything to make our trip the Best that it could be . They were so good in so many ways ....fabulous dinners ... ceviche (mmmm....) we caught fish ... spent days on fabulous deserted islands ... snorkelled with sharks and stingrays and the Nicest Coral I have ever seen . Ruben and Christina did more than just look after us ...they became became our Friends .
Our friends Brian and Donna came with us to Celebrate our special anniversary .....on our last night we were not ready to go home home ....Ruben and Christina keep saying after each day " the Best is still to come " and they delivered !!!!!
We can't say enough about our Belize Sailing vacation .....please Call me if you want any information about our great experience

Fred Formosa 604-2905464

jturner88...
Angel Fire, New Mexico
“See the real Belize!”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Note: I've written the below review of my own accord - BSV is a great option and deserves a great review, and didn't ask me to write any of it! :)

My wife and I got married late October 2016 and booked a charter through Belize sailing vacations for 4 nights, 5 days on a 43' Fountaine Pajot catamaran, one of many in the fleet BSV offers.

If you're reading this and considering booking, perhaps you had the same concerns as me (at least if you are inexperienced with this sort of thing as I was). Being my first charter booking, and of course doing most of my research online, my biggest concern was with making sure what was advertised and represented was in fact what we'd get as an experience. Happily, I can say that this was in fact the case down to every detail. Everything went exactly as advertised, and in line with expectations. BSV are real people with a real attitude of hospitality in mind. When I initially booked, I spoke directly with the owner of the company, and he was able to reassure me not just with more information about booking and what to expect, but was willing to satisfy some of my curiosities about how the business worked and investment possibilities with chartering, etc.

A few other major concerns in booking the catamaran was the quality of the boat, and who would crew it. BSV has a lot of boats to choose from in the fleet - if you book with enough advanced notice, you can pick what you like and the team will explain exactly what you're getting. We got photos of the boat in advance, and knew what we were choosing to pay for. We chose an older boat - we didn't want anything really fancy as I wanted to know more about actual sailing and sort of "see" how everything worked with the sails, anchors, navigation, etc. Our boat was sort of the "Toyota 4runner" option, which is exactly what we wanted -rugged, functional, and built to sail. BSV has a lot of other fancier boats too, if that's what you're looking for - we got to tour a beautiful Lagoon 50' that was a lot newer. It was amazing, but glad we chose the boat we did - we might try the newer boats next time.

We also very much wanted to be sure we were crewed with a professional staff that would be aware of the context of this trip. It was just my wife and I, and stay on the catamaran was part of our honeymoon plans. We knew there would be two crew (captain and chef), and then just us, so it was extremely important that we got GOOD people, who we could interact with/get along with, and who knew how to be professional.

Suffice to say, we got that, and much more. Our crew were Daniel and Ellen, and both were absolute professionals, and extremely humble, down-to-earth people. Technically, we just paid for a crewed boat, but in actuality we got people we could sit down and eat with, and laugh with, and go out on adventures with, and get to know as new friends - so much so that we would definitely come back, and having the same crew would be a large reason why.

I had a lot of questions about the boat, and my wife wanted to know all about the local areas and different cayes. One important thing to note - both Daniel and Ellen are locals, born-and-raised in Belize. This may not sound like a big deal, but it really makes the trip that much more interesting and comfortable, because there isn't anything they don't know how to do or to take care of, and they know all the right people in all the right places. At one point, I'd realized I had a set of car keys that needed to get all the way back to the resort hotel (Las Terrazas) where we got married. Imagine, there we are out in the middle of the water on a boat, and I've got car keys that need to go 30 miles back up the coast. Daniel took care of it - he took the dinghy into San Pedro early the next morning and had his own brother figure out how to get the keys back to my father-in-law!

Daniel is an expert captain, and knows the entire coastline like the back of his hand. We stayed in a different spot each night, and never bothered with the marinas - everything we needed was right on the boat, and we just spent our time hanging out and reading on the trampoline at night, listening to the water lap up against the boat hull, and enjoying the breeze. We stayed in the mangroves and saw the dolphins and manatee swim right up to the boat, we visited several cayes, and basically just got to see all of the coast. We even went to shore to see a local aquarium and also checked out the town of Caye Caulker.

I wanted to fish, and turns out Dan likes to fish too. He knew all the spots to fish with rod and reel, but also taught me how to spearfish, which was easily the highlight of the trip for me (if you know how to snorkel, and you know how to follow directions, he'll take you. If you do go, listen up to what he says and follow instructions, he's an expert and you'll be catching dinner before you know it!)

The food and service was amazing - Ellen is a professional chef, and presented us with local fare and different dishes (including fish/lobster that I (ahem, I mean Dan) would catch that day:)! Preparing meals that were at the level of quality we had takes time, and Ellen knew how to work in the kitchen, and was pleasant and approachable the entire time.

Really cannot say enough about this crew - it's simple for us - put us around people that have some class, and know how to be down-to-earth, and kind, and we'll enjoy it. And Dan and Ellen absolutely knocked it out of the park. If you book, request them and you won't go wrong. Handing those guys a cash tip at the end of our trip for all of their efforts was some of the best money I've ever spent.

Please feel free to contact Belize Sailing Vacations if you need a personal reference or recommendation - they should be able to put you in touch with me via phone or email.

Thanks,

Jason

Your age range 35-49
Mobile687...
“Absolutely stunning luxury vacation!”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Daniel and Sarah's expertise and gracious hospitality made our family vacation unforgettable. We were totally at ease with Daniel's command of the boat, knowledge of the water and geography, and comfort with sailing. Sarah could be a captain herself and was kind and generous with her time and knowledge. Her cooking was truly 5 stars and each meal was beautifully presented and delicious. We snorkelled, spear fished, kayaked, caught barracuda, spent time on local islands and ate and drank a lot. I highly recommend the trip and Daniel and Sarah!

Nick M
“Sailing with Sarah and Danny”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

What an incredible vacation! This is absolutely the best way to visit Belize. Sarah and Danny helped us out with everything we could ask for. Incredible activities, food, and all around fun times. They made this trip better than we could've expected. Thanks again!!!!

Rileyandb...
“Looking for a fabulous sailing vacation? Look NO further!”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We were invited by friends to spend 4 nights/5 days on a Belize Sailing Vacations catamaran. We really had no idea what to expect, had never been to Belize nor on a sail boat (overnight).
What a wonderful surprise!
Our captain and first mate Cliff and Rachael were truly pros in everything they did. When we wanted to snorkel and dive, they knew the best operators in the area. When we wanted to walk around several of the little towns, they knew where to go and what to see. They knew absolutely everyone and that's huge when you're a guest!
The food was outstanding. Rachael's recipes were delicious and every meal included an interesting culinary treat.
I must say we were pretty lazy guests and just hung out...and that was exactly what we wanted to do. And it was beyond fabulous.
The boat, the food, the water, the company...an experience to remember and savor. Don't miss it!

JACK H
“SAILING VACATION OF A LIFETIME”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My wife and I have done several bareboat trips. We have been to BVI, Croatia, Greece, and the Bahamas but we were reluctant to captain a boat in Belize due to the challenges of navigating the shallow waters and many reefs. So, we booked this trip along with 4 of our friends and we are SO glad we did.
Ruben, Christie, and Manuel were fantastic. From the very first day they made us feel welcome and by the end of the trip we felt like we were sailing with friends. Ruben is an excellent captain and he followed our requested itinerary and add stops that were even better than the places we had chosen to see. He knew when to arrive at each location to avoid the crowds from the cruise ships. In fact we spent an entire day at Rendezvous Caye and had the Caye to ourselves. Do not miss this stop. It is amazing. Ruben also arranged for us to do a snorkel trip with Harry at Caye Caulker. Do not miss this trip where you get to swim with the Nurse sharks and huge stingrays.
Manuel was on his first trip with BSV and he was such a great addition to the crew. He is a very experienced captain and he lead our snorkel trips with great patience and guidance. He is incredibly knowledgeable about ALL things but especially about Belize. He seems to know every fish in the sea and made sure that we saw all of them and he identified them all by name.
Christie was amazing. Every meal was better than the last and the presentation was similar to what you would find in a 5 star restaurant. We enjoyed an amazing seafood feast 1 night to celebrate the 35th anniversary of 1 of the couples in our group and it was beyond description. Christie worked extremely hard and she did everything with great ease and enjoyment. She is a Gem.
We saw more beautiful places in 1 week than we could have seen in a month on our own. We caught several fish which Christie cooked up fresh every day. We snorkeled in spectacular clear waters every day. When we returned to the boat after snorkeling, Christie was there to greet us with fresh fruit and drinks.
Everything was first class and the attention to detail was amazing. For example when we ran out of Chardonnay, the crew had some flown into Caye Caulker for us.
It was a wonderful week and we all felt like we had spent it with some very special new friends.
Do this trip. You will not be disappointed.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing