“Good burgers and fish”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
San Ignacio, Belize
“Good burgers and fish”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have been to Bird's Isle twice in the last month, and it was good both times. The fried fish, was it King fish, was great, and the burgers were all good. The fries were done right, and I ate every last one. The bar drinks were good, although it did take a long time to get them. They were busy, which is a good sign. Try the pina colada if you want a good, strong drink. It's right on the water, so you get a breeze, and the salt air. Will definitely return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DrFeelAwesome

Jacksonville, Florida
“What a great grind, worth the walk”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! We walked to the end of Albert St and it was so worth it. Secluded from all the traffic and noise, nestled under the trees, surrounded by water and birds. The food and service was exceptional. We tried to go return, but sadly, they were closed. Don't miss this place!

Visited June 2014
Belize City, Belize
“Lunch at Birds Isle”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went to Birds Isle for a family lunch on a Saturday.The food was very good and our server (Anthony) was excellent. I had the Birds Isle Special drink and it was below average. It was weak and tasteless, but I managed to doctor it up with some fruit juice. The restaurant itself is not spectacular (e.g. plastic chairs and plastic covers on the table), but I guess they are going for a local island vibe. The music was way too loud and rowdy, but I give kudos to the DJ for promptly adjusting it once we told him that we wanted to be able to have a conversation over lunch. Overall, we had a good time and enjoyed being right on the Caribbean Sea. I would go back again, especially if Anthony is working. I'm taking off one star for the condition of the bathrooms. They were absolutely terrible. I'm glad I went AFTER I had eaten, and not before. I hope the owner takes note and does something about that. I suggest getting a pack of dynamites and blowing the entire restroom section off and building new ones.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Maxceen A
Los Gatos, California
“Great choice for local food”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It was recommended by our hotel. We had very good fish and pork. The service was nice, and food was very reasonably priced. The restaurant has great views, but don't forget mosquito repellant if you want to seat outside

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 4everHoliday
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent fish and local food! Great view and service!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was the highlight of our time in Belize City! We had an excellent snapper (the WHOLE fish grilled with a hot sauce coated skin), rice with black beans, coleslaw, fried plantains and we rolled away from the table. The portions were generous and food excellent. If you do nothing else in Belize try this place for a meal. The service was friendly and helpful and it's a bit of the real Belize. The customers were mainly locals and the thached roof and plastic chairs all gave it the local flavor that tourist so often miss in a city.

• Visited February 2014