“Fruity Drinks, BUT PLEASE use caution in the water. Water Slide not "USA" theme park standards.”
Review of Cucumber Beach

Cucumber Beach
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A group of 16 of us went to the beach, and several of us had to go to medical and get treated for a topical skin condition. The doctors all stated that we came in contact with something in the water at this location, equivalent to waterborne poison ivy or parasite, on steroids. Use caution on the steps, they are heavily corroded and in need of repair. The food was less than desirable. The drinks were very tasty. It was very relaxing and would have been the best Oasis on the entire cruise.

2  Thank MountainFam2016
"blast"
"excursions"
"refreshing"

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very beautiful place at a glance but once you get into the water you will see that it is very murky and unswimable. What made this experience much better than anyothers was the fact that my fiance and family had the beach to ourselves for about 2 hrs. I got to go on the slide as much as I wanted with no line and no annoying little kids. We got to play volley ball without a worry and fish in the near by pond. Then a school came on a class trip and that's when I knew it was time to go. I can imagine being here on a regular day with tons of kids and seeing how much the fun level can go down. I really like the concept of having a slide in the ocean since I've never seen that before but like I said that's as good as it gets. They do have a rope which you can swing off of but the school came and took over so I didn't have a chance to get on it. They charge you to get on the beach so I expected the water to at least be cleaner than it was. It was just green and I was unable to take underwater pictures because of how murky the water was. My say is this if your charging to get on a beach at least maintain it better. It was a cool experience but I would not return.

6  Thank Christineines11
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Its a nice place for a relax and sunbathe, with tasty food and a bar what more would you want. Tagged on at the back is old Belize Museum showing the history of Belize worth a view.

3  Thank Martenh
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We arrived in Belize City to a bustling port. We were on the Norwegian Dawn. We couldn't make it to the beach that we originally wanted to go to bc of the high seas and time restrictions. So we were offered a ride to Cucumber Beach- 2 people 35 dollars each. YEAH RIGHT.
So a nice, innocent lady said-- "oh I have a taxi that will take you both for $25 dollars to Cucumber Beach and you will not have to pay $10 each to get on the beach." We accepted the offer only to hear from our cab driver "CYNTHIA" that we would have to pay the 10 dollars to get on the beach. We were not happy and realized at that point the nice lady at the port and the cab driver Cynthia were working together.

We arrived to Cucumber beach to a kinda dirty look puddle of water that we were supposed to swim in. The water was not too inviting.

There were also a bunch of Mennonites swimming in full clothing and having some sort of meeting. There is a big Mennonite community in Belize-- they are farmers. From a sociological standpoint this was interesting to watch-- but also sort of uncomfortable at the same time. The men sat with the men and the women sat with the women speaking German. And the rest of us walked around in bikini's. I for one, felt uncomfortable being less clothed than them.

When Cynthia drove us back-- we paid her $25. Only for her to say it was $25 dollars each.
Cucumber beach is a 10 minute drive from the port.

When you ripped off in a city or country-- it immediately makes you dislike the country as a whole. And that was our experience. Because we got ripped off and paid $70 plus lunch to get 10 minutes to a crappy beach, we will never want to go back to Belize again.

Be careful in Belize-- we would later come to find out that this type of behavior is common.
And this is coming from a native NYC girl-- born and raised who is no stranger to the hustle.
But what are you going to do in a strange country when someone is hustling you-- you are going to pay them. But you are never going to go back.

23  Thank M D